“Instructor didn’t show up”

Vastu School of Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Vastu International School of Yoga offers traditional and classical yoga classes(as well as Private instructions) everyday at the beautiful Na Balam Spa & Resort and Yoga Oriented Hotel. The School also hosts Yoga teacher training(RYT200,300,&500 By Yoga Alliance) and Yoga Retreats throughout the year. Owned and directed by Lorrie Conglose and Lal Maharajh, the school trains yoga teachers from around the world. Yoga classes are open to all levels and are held in a beautiful palapa surrounded by lush gardens. The beautiful wood floors ground you in your practice and the sounds of the ocean help to keep you in a meditative and relaxed state of mind. This traditional and classical approach to Yoga is often a new and refreshing experience for even the more advanced students. Vastu offers 5 and 7 Night Yoga and Restorative Retreats including yoga and meditation classes, spa treatments, snorkeling and unlimited assess to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went to the 9 am class this week but the instructor didn’t show up. We waited over 20 minutes past the start and no one even came to tell us so we left. We caught the 9:30 yoga class down the street from there at the Treehouse and it was great!

3  Thank Andrea Y
940lal, Manager at Vastu School of Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We do sincerely apologize for your inconvenience..Even more disappointed was you were so moved to write our first negative comment....something thats dear to our heart as relects our mission of spreading the doctrine of yoga.....There is absolutely no excuse for your inconvenience and hope that you will allow us to repair our credibility by offering you free classes when ever you are visiting our little piece of Paradise at Vastu School of Yoga .

All reviews
"lesson"
in 4 reviews
"depth"

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I came to Isla Mujeres for diving and discovered this wonderful place to do yoga during my trip. I started on Sunday at the 11 am class where most activity places were closed. I loved it and went to most of the 6 pm classes for the rest of the week. Lal is such a dedicated teacher who knows how to take you to your limit and allows for recovery. Many thanks to Stephanie and Lal for this brief but inspiring yoga experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My intention was to spend vacations, with purpose and mindfulness and I was looking for a place to combine both and I found it right at Vastu. Big thanks and appreciation to Lorrie and Lal for the opportunity to spend everyday with them and they teaching. Thank you both for teaching me how to breathe and how to let go. In company of other yoga teachers, I felt truly welcomed and spiritually connected. I will definitely come back soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

So grateful to Lal and Lorrie for having such amazing classes. Lal is a joy to listen to, my parents and I were always smiling and laughing during the lessons, and it was eye opening to hear his philosophy as well.
The class can be as challenging as you like it to be, and if you are willing to let Lal push you a little, you do things you never thought you could!
I recommend to all levels, ages, and body types!

2  Thank Alexandra K
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2016

wowwwww.... what a amazing experience. I am also a yoga teacher and i took already a lot of different classes, but this few lesson that i had with vastu was really something special. During the class i really felt connected to the universe. Vastu guided in a really special way, only this people who have been in one of his classes will know what i mean.
Anyone who is around in mexico or planing to go there, it is a must to pass by ifen if you just sit with him. he is a great human being.
i really was flying after those classes.

Anita from Austria