Review Highlights
Unique, Traditional Yoga Studio. Truly incredible.

Reviewed 8 May 2018
Kelly O
Best yoga experience ever!

Reviewed 11 February 2018
g0negirl
Ottawa, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I have been practicing yoga for 15 years and teaching for four. Lal's classes were unique and challenging. His depth of knowledge of the postures and yogic philosophy is a rare find. I was able to practice more deeply than I have in years. It was truly a blessing. I am looking in to their teacher training now as I trust their 500hr will offer a rich yogic experience, just like their classes in the Na Balam studio. I couldn't be more enthusiastic in my recommendation. Thank you so much!

1  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Don’t miss the 9:00 AM class with Lal. He is an amazing teacher. This is not your ordinary yoga class, but a life affirming experience.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went to the 9 am class this week but the instructor didn’t show up. We waited over 20 minutes past the start and no one even came to tell us so we left. We caught the 9:30 yoga class down the street from there at the Treehouse and it was great!

5  Thank Andrea Y
940lal, Manager at Vastu School of Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We do sincerely apologize for your inconvenience..Even more disappointed was you were so moved to write our first negative comment....something thats dear to our heart as relects our mission of spreading the doctrine of yoga.....There is absolutely no excuse for your inconvenience and hope that you will allow us to repair our credibility by offering you free classes when ever you are visiting our little piece of Paradise at Vastu School of Yoga .

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I came to Isla Mujeres for diving and discovered this wonderful place to do yoga during my trip. I started on Sunday at the 11 am class where most activity places were closed. I loved it and went to most of the 6 pm classes for the rest of the week. Lal is such a dedicated teacher who knows how to take you to your limit and allows for recovery. Many thanks to Stephanie and Lal for this brief but inspiring yoga experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My intention was to spend vacations, with purpose and mindfulness and I was looking for a place to combine both and I found it right at Vastu. Big thanks and appreciation to Lorrie and Lal for the opportunity to spend everyday with them and they teaching. Thank you both for teaching me how to breathe and how to let go. In company of other yoga teachers, I felt truly welcomed and spiritually connected. I will definitely come back soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

So grateful to Lal and Lorrie for having such amazing classes. Lal is a joy to listen to, my parents and I were always smiling and laughing during the lessons, and it was eye opening to hear his philosophy as well.
The class can be as challenging as you like it to be, and if you are willing to let Lal push you a little, you do things you never thought you could!
I recommend to all levels, ages, and body types!

2  Thank Alexandra K
Reviewed 1 December 2016

wowwwww.... what a amazing experience. I am also a yoga teacher and i took already a lot of different classes, but this few lesson that i had with vastu was really something special. During the class i really felt connected to the universe. Vastu guided in a really special way, only this people who have been in one of his classes will know what i mean.
Anyone who is around in mexico or planing to go there, it is a must to pass by ifen if you just sit with him. he is a great human being.
i really was flying after those classes.

Anita from Austria

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is not a class for every Body ! If you don't stretch much you will probably get hurt the yoga instructor is to hands on pushing your body into a position that it might not be ready for ,this was the case for me and my boyfriend woke up Very sore for the last 3 days this should not be the case with yoga you should feel good after! Oh yeah and the price is not fare .

6  Thank moonlove2016
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I have been going to Isla Mujeres for 6 year's and this year I had the honor and privilege to practice with Lal, If you are going to the Island and are thinking about taking a yoga class DO IT at the Vastu School of Yoga! Leave your ego at the door and be ready to embrace breath, movement and a shift of energy. The classes are for every level beginner yes if you have never even been on a yoga mat go, if you are an experienced yogi go!Experience for yourself what everyone is raving about !

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Went to several classes while on vacation - great workout - wonderful instructor - I would highly recommend!!