“Beautiful, spiritual class”

Vastu School of Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Vastu International School of Yoga offers traditional and classical yoga classes(as well as Private instructions) everyday at the beautiful Na Balam Spa & Resort and Yoga Oriented Hotel. The School also hosts Yoga teacher training(RYT200,300,&500 By Yoga Alliance) and Yoga Retreats throughout the year. Owned and directed by Lorrie Conglose and Lal Maharajh, the school trains yoga teachers from around the world. Yoga classes are open to all levels and are held in a beautiful palapa surrounded by lush gardens. The beautiful wood floors ground you in your practice and the sounds of the ocean help to keep you in a meditative and relaxed state of mind. This traditional and classical approach to Yoga is often a new and refreshing experience for even the more advanced students. Vastu offers 5 and 7 Night Yoga and Restorative Retreats including yoga and meditation classes, spa treatments, snorkeling and unlimited assess to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I took yoga twice while in Isla Mujeres. The class is taught by a true yoga master. He is a skilled, compassionate teacher with a sense of humor and grace. We (three people) met under a palapa near the ocean. A cross breeze wafted through as we moved. He can teach to students at varying levels.

All reviews
"movement"
"mexico"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Lal and Lorrie (the owners) are two of the most knowledgable yogis I have ever had the privilege of knowing. They make you feel safe and secure during the class while also teaching you that you can do anything you set your mind to! I look forward to taking a class with them again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I'm on vacation, so I thought a little yoga and stretching couldn't help. That's not what I found. I found the most beautiful, wonderful yoga experience. Lal was awesome and 10X awesome. I never was told or taught the 'why' in yoga and he took me on as his student. I found Lynnette, even the first day. I went 4 evenings (6pm) in a row and 3 of those were one-on-one. I have good tools to take home. I highly recommend and try to go everyday you are on island. Plan for over an hour and have an open mind.

Follow the signs or go to Na Balam hotel and it is on the south side of the street. There is a pic of the 2nd story thatched roof structure. Ask Lal to turn on the AC if it's too hot (j.k. the AC is the ceiling fans).

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Hmmm... It was amazing. Totally about you and your body&mind connection. Great journey in beautiful place in the middle of Palm trees so close to the beach that you hear waves and the best thing about it was great teacher. Thank you
Lal