All reviews rooms are clean laid back per night restaurants and bars beach side the location is perfect beach bar beautiful beach benito fridge mexico isla loungers accommodations cons
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I read a lot of reviews so I was prepared for everything. We brought cash to pay for the room. We were able to check in early. We had a room on the first level. We did not have ants because we didn't leave food laying around. The room was clean but basic. You have a toilet, sink, good water pressure in the shower, a tv (we didn't use), a fridge that works great, AC. Yes, you will bring sand into your room if you were at the beach. That's how that works. We thought the food at the restaurant was good. We ate at the beach on our loungers everyday. We were able to use chairs in the front row (contrary to what other posters shared). I don't know if it's because the policy has changed or because we bought food and tipped. Either way it was great. During the week it was dead quiet at the bar/restaurant at night. On the weekend it was loud. I don't know how long because we brought ear plugs just in case. The worst part was our neighbor smoked in his room with his door open. All the smoke would funnel into our door so we put a towel under our door to help with the odor. Ironically the next couple that moved in were smokers. We thought that most rooms were non smoking. Yes, there was some septic odor in our room, but it's Mexico. No surprise. We kept the window open in the bathroom and the door closed. Don't be alarmed at the basic lock on your room door. It was a little alarming at first but we felt very safe where we were. It's just a door knob lock. Something you would find for a bathroom door in the US. There is no deadbolt or slider.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel17_2004
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The room was unclean. The floors were covered in sand and never swept or washed during our stay. Sand would track into the bed.

On the first day the bathroom facilities were odor free but there was black mold on the floor near the drain along with someone else's hair. The bathroom fixtures were dated and the sink had seen better days. The hot water shower tap was missing.

The bed was king size but not very comfortable.

There were bare wires along the wall and there was only one light fixture in the bedroom but no other lights such as a bedside light.

The duvet dirty with 2 grease spots and the bedding was never changed even with all of the sand. We took the sheets off the bed for the maid to change. We marked the sheets so we know the maid never changed the sheets.

While there was place to hang your clothes there were no hangars. We lived out of the suit case for our stay.

There were only two plugs in the entire room and they were switched to run off when the light was turned off.

I witnessed a cook from the restaurant area use the washroom and not wash their hands.

Over all I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Carlos C, Gerente at Chichi's 'n Charlies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

I ask an apology for the incidents with the room, and thanks for your comment, the room was not due to have rented but for the availability is provided, allow us to improve your experience providing our other rooms

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect pad if you are there to chill & enjoy the island and it's wonderful people!!!!
If you need fancy and can't be grateful for the bigger picture.... You should look elsewhere.

Views. .....Location... Views...... location.... Breathtaking views and perfectly located..... Just not fancy at all....
Benito.... Victoria and the crew are wonderful people...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dreamer94012
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My expectations were low after reading the reviews however chichis managed to exceed my low expectations beyond what I could have possibly imagined. I've stayed in some crappy accom around the world but this honestly takes the prize for all round awfulness. Check in you will need the usd in cash if you want to pay the advertised price - otherwise you can pay in peso or cc (still in peso) for their inflated rate. The rooms are very basic & shabby which I expected - I was paying the extortionate rate of usd100 a night for the location. Unfortunately you can't really enjoy the beachfront because as a paying customer you can't use the grubby shabby sun loungers provided - they are for hire (except for the rows at the back that get zero breeze because they are wedged between buildings). This kinda defeated the purpose of renting an old smelly overpriced room on the beach. Especially when the loungers next door are nicer & on a nicer stretch of beach. The staff here are very indifferent about their jobs. It's a real shame because with a bit of an overhaul - the building and the staff - this place could be gem. I'm not a fussy traveler at all but this place was a let down on so many levels: room, price, staff, noise, facilities.. I suggest renting a house from a local & hiring beach chairs daily (120 peso for 2 chairs & an umbrella) which is what I did. You will get quality accom, quality beach furniture AND save money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thalassophile1971
Reviewed 12 June 2017

From the minute we checked in to the first margarita, nothing could have been better! We loved this rustic little getaway on the beach!! Our room was a corner one with fantastic views, like we were promised!! The little restaurant offered many different local favorites!! Then they offered us 2 for 1 drinks because we were staying with them. I had one of the best massages ever, with Josephine right at the resort! We were treated lie family!! Even had great snorkeling right in front of the place ! I saw several different varieties of fish! Charlie even had his drone out and took a cool picture of my husband and I on the balcony! Pleasantly surprised with our room....nice size frig, coffee maker, comfy bed and the best view of sunsets on Isla Mujeres! Gotta check this place out.....awesome!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a sunset view!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple