“Nice House, Good Location, Wonderful Host”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Michelle...
Houston, Texas
“Nice House, Good Location, Wonderful Host”
Reviewed 28 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I rented this house on our first ever trip to IM. We scoured the internet for weeks and this rental seemed to fit the bill. I emailed Jay to inquire about dates and he called me within 15 minutes to let me know the house was available. I thought that was pretty good customer service! We spoke several times over the next couple of weeks and he was full of knowledge about where to eat, what to see, what to do, etc.

I'll start off by saying that this house is in a great location. It's away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but easily within walking distance. It was fun to sit on the second floor deck and watch the traffic go by as locals and tourists transported themselves from one end of the island to the other. There's a pecking order of sorts between trucks, taxis, motorcycles, scooters and golf carts and it's very entertaining to watch.

Privacy is a major factor when we are choosing a vacation rental, as it's always just the two of us and we want to relax without having to worry about disturbing our neighbors or being disturbed. I have to say, the first floor patio area, which houses the pool, wasn't quite as private as we'd hoped for. The homes on either side of Villa Adioso are literally inches away and the pool and deck area are quite visible to the neighbors.

The kitchen was adequate, including plenty of plates, pots and pans, glassware, silverware and utensils. There was also plenty of bottled water, with a handy pump system to get the water out of the bottle for cooking or making coffee. I'd suggest buying spices, aluminum foil and ziplock baggies or cheap containers for leftovers, if you plan on cooking at the house. We bought paper towels and toilet paper, but didn't end up using them since the house already had them stocked.

The housekeeper stopped by on our fourth day in the house and asked when we wanted the house cleaned. We told her to come back the next day, which she did. Since it was raining pretty hard, we didn't leave the house while she cleaned, just tried to stay out of her way. She did a very thorough job. My husband knows enough Spanish to get by, but she knew virtually no English, so communicating was a little difficult, but we got by with hand signals, nods and smiles.

We slept in the upstairs bedroom the first few nights, then moved downstairs for the remainder of our stay. The A/C works fine on both floors and we slept very comfortably. I never could figure out how to get the hot water to come on in the upstairs shower, but the downstairs was a breeze. I just turned the top knob, waited a few minutes, and voila, hot water.

My husband's favorite place to relax was on the third floor deck, underneath the huge palapa. You can pretty much see the entire island from up there. The steep, winding stairway to get up there is not for the faint of heart, but the view is worth it!

We didn't rent a golf cart until a few days into our trip and it made it so much more enjoyable. When you rent this house, Jay will probably set you up with William, a Cancun cab driver, who will give you a ride from the airport to the ferry, and vice versa. William has family and a golf cart on the island and offered his cart to us at a discounted rate. He personally delivered the golf cart one day when he had business to tend to on the island. He is a very sweet man and we will definitely use him again on a return trip.

As can happen anywhere, anytime, and especially on a small island, sometimes the internet goes out. Jay informed me before we got there that there were issues at the house with the wifi. We arrived early Saturday afternoon and did not have wifi at the house until Wednesday evening. I know we're supposed to relax and unplug on vacation, but most of us need to touch base back home with the kiddos, check a few work emails, etc. Having said that, we simply took our phones with us when we went out and asked whatever bar or restaurant we were at for their wifi password, which they were very generous with.

There are pros and (small) cons in this review. I try to be as honest as I can be, since that's what I'm looking for when I read reviews when I'm planning a vacation. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this vacation rental and I would definitely recommend using William for your transfers and golf cart needs. The people of Isla are very friendly and we felt safe at all times, day or night. Oh, and the food on the island is amazing!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Reading and people watching on the 2nd floor patio
Liked least: Lack of privacy
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Denisesan...
Sulphur, Louisiana
““This home is private, beautiful oceanfront patios/balconies, comfortable and has an owner who is "on call" if needed””
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

After adjusting our outdoor activities schedule to be able to handle the extreme heat (eat dinner downtown after the sun goes down, stay on the breezy patio or in the refreshing pool while at the house or stay in the ocean the rest of the time!) we really began to fall in love with this home, the island and it's people! The house is at a great location on the island. Though it is within walking distance to town/restaurants (15-20 mins), it was too hot for us so we rented a golf cart. Taxis are cheap but we had rather be able to go and come and explore on our own. The favorite parts of this house are the 3 patios---always a cool breeze, pool is refreshingly cool and the 3rd floor has two hammocks ( which we stayed in a lot!) Lastly, Jay, the owner, is very personable, attentive to any needs or questions and provided lots of helpful info to get us around the island and to great eating places. He also connected us to William (a friendly, English speaking Yankee fan!) who provided transportation to and from airport/ferry. After two weeks in this lovely home we "felt at home"! We highly recommend it!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
CA
Reviewed 19 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
19 Apr 2014
This was the best review you could write? :). What can I say other than our home is your home (until you buy your own) and thrilled that we could be a part of such a special surprise for special people.

Muchas gracias and until next time!!!
ME, USA
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Montreal
Reviewed 17 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing