Privilege Aluxes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
Playa Arena(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Hotel Las Palmas(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Hotel Kinich(Isla Mujeres)
Hotel Xul-ha(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Los Arcos Suites(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Cabanas Maria Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marcianito(Isla Mujeres)
3,173 results
All reviewssataydel marplatinum suitepool barthai restaurantsuperior roombeach restaurantall inclusive packagebreakfast buffetgolf cartbeach clubjacuzzi on the balconyall inclusive planliving roomchicken wingsocean viewbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Loved the hotel, the rooms and common areas are very nice but what makes it is the beach. We split our trip between PA and the Royal Playa Del Carmen and would come back to PA in a heartbeat, Royal probably not.
The beach service was wonderful. There were always open palapas and beach beds available. It's the best place in Mexico to relax. We got a great deal on the All Inclusive so it made sense to eat breakfast and lunch at the hotel and venture out for all the great Isla food. I'm already planning on coming back in December.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view, its better than the cemetary and school yard
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NashtyP
PrivFD, Reception at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Sincerely thank for your kind words, we are glad that you enjoy your stay at Privilege Aluxes with its beautiful beach and facilities.

We hope you visit us again and we also hope that your next stays with us will always be as pleasant as this one.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

First, Isla itself is wonderful. The island is small and easy to navigate (rent a golf cart for a day), and the beaches are lovely. There are also tons of great, local restaurants on Hidalgo less than a mile walk from the hotel.

Second, I generally really enjoyed Privilege Aluxes. The room itself was lovely, and I found the beds comfortable, if a bit hard (which actually felt nice after a long day). All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast buffet was serviceable--we weren't looking for gourmet, but it was always tasty and filling. The highlight was the beach palapas and beds and Cafe Del Mar. During the day, drink service to your palapa is quick, and there is a varied menu for all inclusive that can be delivered to your chair. Guacamole, ceviche, and shrimp tacos were all delicious. Cafe del Mar is a great spot for a pre- or post-dinner cocktail as well. We didn't eat dinner much at the hotel, preferring to venture down Hidalgo for a more varied experience, which I highly recommend. I also got a great pedicure that, so far, has lasted longer than the ones I get at home.

I did have a couple of issues worth cautioning everyone about. We initially booked a Superior Room, but when prices dropped the week before our departure, upgraded to a Premium Suite (2 room suite with bathtub on balcony--on website is described as "Honeymoon Suite"). This turned out to be a mistake. While the suite was lovely, our room was on the ground floor, and the tub was visible by the entire resort, rendering it functionally useless. There don't appear to be many of these suites in the resort, so I would perhaps recommend choosing another category of room. Also, our suite occasionally smelled of sewage, something I noticed that other reviewers had issues with too. The smell was pervasive but occurred infrequently, and luckily, we were not in our room very often. Finally, we had to call the front desk each day and specifically request that our minibar be refilled. Every time we returned to our room at the end of the day, the minibar would either have not been refilled at all, or would only have partially been refilled (leaving out the most important items--beer and water!). While the desk generally sent someone promptly to restock, I still felt that refilling should have been automatic. I raised these issues with the front desk and asked what our options were for switching rooms (especially re: the sewage smell) but was told we had none. To me, the sewage issue is unexcusable, and my biggest issue with the hotel is their continuing to rent rooms out without solving this problem.

Room Tip: Certain rooms (specifically 401) smell of sewage. The Honeymoon Suite or Premium Suite is a poor choice because, due to their lower-floor location and orientation of the balcony/patio, the jacuzzi on balcony is clearly visible to the entire resort.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank EllaB0430
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Very nice hotel, great location, well set up for families and couples, accommodations are very nice, and access to rest of island is very easy

Room Tip: Get room with view overlooking pools
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank scubafun1234

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

We would like to assure you, our commitment to continue improving and the best feelings of our personal consideration.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Loved the hotel which had been recommended by a friend here in Nashville. Very relaxing, beautiful accommodations. Beautiful beaches and good poolside and beach beverage service. This was my first experience at an all inclusive resort, and as a vegetarian, I found the menus and the buffets more than a little lacking in options. Lots and lots of meat. Some seafood, but nothing inspired for those of us who prefer fresh veggies and fruit. Not nearly enough fruit for such a warm location. All -in-all, even the all inclusive was worth it when you factor in the bottled waters, juices, pool and beach beverages. I would do it again because the cost was inexpensive enough that I didn't feel guilty or ripped off when I chose to eat elsewhere.

From a service standpoint, everything we asked for, we got. I am not one for a doting, hovering service staff and it didn't bother me that the service was a little inconsistent and sometimes slow. If you require that your every whim be instantly satisfied, you'll probably be a little disappointed. But the again, you'll probably be disappointed everywhere you ever go.

The concierge was very helpful and our room was beautiful. Almost everything I wanted in a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chaosgirl58
PrivFD, Reception at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

We want to thank you for taking part of your time, sharing your personal experience at our hotel.

We also thank you for your comments, which will be very useful and will help us greatly to improve day by day.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Breakfast is good, but buffet otherwise isn't. Beach restaurant and Thai restaurant, plus drinks are worth the all-inclusive. Beach and water are beautiful, runs are big and nice(upgrade if possible). Service everywhere was wonderful! We'd go back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Oceanview Deluxe or higher
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aped1416

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, since your opinion is of great help to us in our efforts to improve and achieve our main objective, which is the full satisfaction of our customers.