Review Highlights
Snuba

I went snuba diving into the reef off the coast of Cozumel and it was very exciting you were able... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Matthew S
via mobile
Perfect discover dive

I did the discover scuba dive with Antonio in September when on a cruise. Even though I am... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018

from US$ 60.00
from US$ 77.50
from US$ 77.00
More Info
All reviews snuba diving sea cucumbers fish explained everything cruise ship sea life royal caribbean few hours didi izzy antonio carnival shore instructor equipment port fins
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We booked this excursion (Beach Snorkeling and Lunch) via AA Vacations as part of our Carnival Cruise. Location is just down the main street from the International Pier and Puerto Maya Pier, says it is 2 KM from Puerto Maya and take a taxi. Just walk. Not that far, cost us $8 for a taxi and the taxi driver did not know where it was. Go out from the shopping center after you exit through customs (just show ship ID) and to the main street, turn left and walk a half mile or so. They provide snorkels, masks and fins, and have good restrooms/changing rooms with a bench so you can change into and out of your swim suits. They also provide scuba tours. We had a snorkeling guide,a young man who was very knowledgeable about the area and made sure and kept watch on the small kids that were in our small (6) tour group. Snorkeling was fair, as there is no real reef there, and they are building it using concrete forms. But there are some good views of fish, sea cucumbers, starfish. If you have not snorkeled before this would be a great experience for you. Good long area you can snorkel and they let us go out on our own after the tour was over, for as long as we wanted to stay. Afterwards our excursion included a free lunch-choice of Mexican dishes, we both had Chicken Fajitas which were excellent-- and real sugar Cokes. Nice place to go and we recommend it. If you are an expert snorkeler and want to see a bigger variety of fish, then book a different excursion that takes you to a remote area where there may be real reefs to explore.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Went here during a cruise stop in Cozumel to try out scuba diving; Bruno (our guide) made it feel easy and straightforward. After a brief classroom course, we got our equipment (provided) and practiced a bit then dove about 25-35 feet deep right off shore. Bruno was there to lead us, he kept tabs on us, and scuba diving felt about as easy as snorkeling.

Afterwards, snorkeling (gear also provided) was pretty relaxing too. There's a lot of fish in the area, the water's great, and on the whole it was a comforting, nice and familiar place that wasn't too scary to my English-accustomed American expectations. Everything was a smooth and safe process.

Would 100% recommend this place (and Sunset Beach).

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We had a Snuba tour with a friendly and knowledgeable guide named DiDi. Brad was very helpful in the beginning stages of getting our paperwork done at the port. We booked this tour through our cruise line and it was such a great experience. DiDi was so helpful especially since I had never experienced anything like that and was a little afraid. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Sameyeam689000
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

me and my husband first time snuba diving and we had a wonderful time. I can't even swim but let me tell you that Ivan and Antonio made this possible for me to cross off my "to do list" they are truly angels. My husband can't wait to do it again next year we are booked for a cruise and will be there actually on his birthday GOD WILLING. Thanks again guys for your outstanding skills and angelic attitudes

2  Thank jacksewnsew
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I dove here through an excursion with Royal Caribbean. We took a taxi about 5 minutes from the port. We brought our own dive gear except for tanks and weights. The facility is nice and appeared well-maintained. The bathrooms are large and there are outdoor showers. There is adequate space to leave your stuff, or you can rent a locker if you feel safer securing it. The entry into the water is about 4 steps which deposit you onto rocks, otherwise there is a short wall which blocks the ocean from the sand. We saw tons of different fish and also a ray while diving in the immediate area. There are several man made structures in the water which allow for more wildlife. Overall a great diving experience. They also have food and a bar on site, but we didn't use this.