Review Highlights

from US$ 60.00
from US$ 77.50
from US$ 77.00
More Info
All reviews snuba diving sea cucumbers fish explained everything cruise ship sea life royal caribbean few hours didi izzy antonio carnival shore instructor equipment port fins
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I went snuba diving into the reef off the coast of Cozumel and it was very exciting you were able to see lots of colorful fish and the reef. They also have a restaurant and bar on the beach or you're able to get very good food and beer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did the discover scuba dive with Antonio in September when on a cruise. Even though I am certified I wanted to check it out for my grandkids. The instruction and care that was given was awesome. Instructions were very informative and interesting. Can’t wait to go back with grandkids in march

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Signed up for a Snuba excursion through Carnival and was not disappointed. Our instructor Didi was wonderful! He took the time to train us and then was very patient with us to ensure we had a great dive. Didi made the day very memorable and has inspired us to take the next step to Scuba. I highly recommend booking this experience!

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Ivan was our Snuba guide. We liked the experience so much that we tried again! Now, let me qualify by saying the 3 boys in the picture 9,9, and 10, can be difficult children to impress. Not that that is right or that I’m excusing them in any way, just saying it was so intense we HAD to go again!

Ivan handled our group of armatures ranging in age and ability with ease. Ok so about the Snuba. I will definitely recommend that people choosing this activity have at least attempted to snorkel in a pool before they come out here. This is like a transition between snorkeling and scuba diving. The fascinating part is about a biological attempt to revive the coral reef in the area and you get to watch the school of fish in man-made starters for coral reef. If you have to spend so much time learning how to do this new then you won’t get to see the really neat aspects of this activity.

Thumbs up from this group!!! AND we will be

back.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Took a short bottom fishing trip on Sand Dollar tours boat.. Had around 20 people, and provided Penn Senator 4/0 reels with 40lb line, size 4 hooks, and weight from 4oz to 8oz on Slammer rods. A little overkill but useful. The crew of three was VERY attentive and service was excellent. They know both english and spanish. They made sure you had a drink, bait, and took care of tangles and fish. We caught mostly 8 inch to 16 inch wrasses, grunts, and triggerfish, but didn't expect much different given location. They provided bottled water, beer, soda, and snacks. Were very polite. If they read this, hit my email for some fishing advice, but overall fun for all. Recommend booking quick if you are coming from a ship, as they book up FAST.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the easy shoreside snorkel tour here via NCL. It was great!
Transport was included both ways, and takes about 15 minutes from the cruise port.
The guide took us out for about 1 hour.
We saw tons of fish including very colorful parrot fish and powder blue tangs. This is great for young kids and 6 year old loved it!
Thank you to our guide Izzy!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This is a great spot for those wanting to snorkel on their own. It is safe, easily accessible and about a $5 USD cab ride from the ferry landing in the center of Cozumel.

There is a restaurant right on the water who have tables you can use and stay in the shade. Please be respectful of the staff and services. There is no charge to snorkel with your own gear here, so if you take up a table, order food, drinks, etc. and enjoy the safety and convenience and view.

The access to the water is free and they have clean washrooms. Staff will watch your stuff while in the water. So take care of them.

The food is good, the dfrinks are cold and the view just wonderful. Added bonus - the Sand Dollar Dive/ Sports Centre is connected so if you forgot something or need fins (which we did) you can also rent here. Fins were $5 USD to rent.

A wonderful way to spend a few hours.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Booked as a "Discover Scuba" excursion from Royal Caribbean. Both teenagers in our family of four loved it and are determined to get certified as divers in the future. All employees were extremely helpful and courteous. Teenage son also thoroughly his authentic Mexican breakfast at the restaurant there. Couldn't take our own underwater camera for safety reasons (which made sense because we were just learning scuba and needed both hands free). However, underwater photos are taken by the crew and are available for purchase at a reasonable "tourist" price. Didn't feel gouged by the picture offer like you are in some places. Definitely recommend for getting a taste of diving.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have visited a few times now and have nothing but great things to say about the staff and water activities! Pedro was an awesome guide and really worked with the nervous people in my group. We got to see an Eagle Ray this past visit which was amazing! We will be back!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We had not snorkeled in about 20 years. We picked the Easy Shoreside snorkel trip. Our guide ISSY was the best. He helped us with getting our equipment on. He stayed with us in the water the entire way. I gave him a good tip. We stayed for lunch at the upstairs restaurant.
This is a great way to learn to snorkel. However, there are not many fish here and the beach is tiny.