“Nice condo, great value.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Miramar Condominiums
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Just returned from 6 night stay in room 403, nice place, very clean, property is very well maintained and though I didn't meet Isabella as she was having her baby I had the pleasure of dealing with Matias, her husband, the guy is a total gentlemen he even arranged a laptop for only $10 bucks a day which was a lifesaver. He recommended Punta sur for snorkeling which was fantastic and a local place for dinner, Moro, the owner Ray is sweet guy and treats you like family. Got a last minute deal on room 403 for only $114 a night which is obviously a great deal. Also e mailed Jill and Truette who own units I saw on VRBO in Miramar asking for a last minute rate and they came down to $165 + 14% tax because of how "clearly superior" their unit is, how much maintenance and A/C costs etc. I guess it makes sense for it to stay vacant, what do I know. I would not even bother with them just do some research and go through Isabella, you'll find a nice unit in Miramar or the sister property next door which looked beautiful for a lot less than they want in my opinion. If you're renting a vehicle I rented from Isis car rental in town ( just make a left at 7 11 ) Margharita was honest, cheap and a pleasure to deal with, she'll even drop you off at the ferry or the airport for free.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andrew g
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Miramar Condominiums

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this lovely, clean, sunny and very quiet condo. It's on the water's edge, with a lap pool also in view, so when looking out the sliding glass window that leads to the balcony, I saw blue, blue water. It's about a 30-45 minute walk to town which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for "location". For the price, the accommodations can't be beat. The staff are attentive and available but without being at all intrusive. It was a wonderful stay for me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldTraveller2112
Reviewed 16 August 2011

If you are looking for a ritzy, high class joint, keep driving. If you are looking for a very nice two bedroom condo, 2.5 baths with a washer,dryer,pool,and on the ocean, this is your place. It is an older property and the furniture is not new, but it was great! Quiet and clean, nice kitchen and one heck of a sunset. The air conditioning did its job and the daily maid service helped out. I felt VERY SECURE and would stay at MIRAMAR 404 again in a heartbeat. I have stayed at many places in Cozumel, some nicer than others but this place can only be described as a great value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cokerbud
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The manager for this property, Isobella, is truly amazing in her enthusiastic help for any renter. She gave us special pool toys from her niece for our kids to borrow, she recommended beaches and restaurants, some of which were positively unknown on the main websites about Cozumel, AND she found us a former USA nanny to babysit our mildly autistic kids. This nanny, Josefina, has moved from LA to Cozumel to be w/her kids and grandkids, and is looking for work. She charges $10/hour which is worth it if you need an English-speaking sitter, as we did. Both our kids, aged 11 (precocious, obsessive, rigid) and 5 (young, impulsive) LOVED her and were glad she came twice. We saw her play lovely giggly games with the younger, and saw that she had done brainy games with the older. She has a former LA employer who will give you a reference if you wish.
This vacation rental gave us the best vacation in years because the kids were off in the living room/kitchen area behind a door, and we had privacy and the balcony ocean view. However, the water access is impossible except for adults, monkeys, or older kids. There is no beach, not even a rocky one, unless you call a low cliff by the water a beach. There isn't much for kids to do in the ocean in the vicinity except for one beach a long hot walk away (or short drive). Also, it's a drive (10 min) or long long walk to town and restaurants. The nearby Coral Princess Hotel is nice for amenities and expensive food that tastes good. The coral offshore has been devastated by Wilma Hurricane, altho there's still some fish around.
The pool was good - an interesting design that the kids liked, altho it could get too cold for us adults (sun goes down at 5:30 during the high season). Down by the seaside cliff there was a sandy raised area w/ rinsing tub that served some amusement for our little one.
The view was wonderful and the place relaxing. There is light maid service every other day, and all the free drinking water you can use (yay!). I thought the maids didn't do a super clean job, but it was nice to have maid service, which we have never had in a condo before (in Hawaii or Curacao).
The condos conduct sound --s ometimes we were freaked out when we thought someone was on our balcony or opening our door, but it was just the neighbors above us.
There was FREE internet access and FREE phone calls to the USA, which was a real boon and an unbelievable service. When the DVD player didn't work, the staff spent 1/2 hour hooking it up right and making it work with the TV. When the microwave died, we got a new one within hours.
The problematic location is not anyone's fault -- Cozumel doesn't really have the perfect location for our interests. We love snorkeling but the great snorkeling isn't near good beachside condos. Other condos, however, are near wonderful sandy beaches that the kids would have loved, and we wonder if we'd be better off there. However, we don't know how easy taxis would be to get out there. We were lucky to have the Coral Princess Hotel nearby because it generated a lot of taxi traffic we could hop into. We didn't rent a car because for reputable rentals with good insurance it cost $60/day and we never spent anywhere near that in cab.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NanjingMichelle
Reviewed 19 December 2010

When in Cozumel, we usually stay at a B&B (see my other review), but this time we were given the chance to stay beach front for an amazing price and couldn't pass it up. My brother stays at Miramar often, but this was my first chance.

Suite 202 is a perfect one bedroom. Huge, with a full kitchen, washer, dryer, bountiful clean water, and an amazing view of the ocean from the bed, or from our private balcony. I would have preferred one king bed rather than 2 queens, but hey, if that's my only issue, we're doing well!

We slept and awoke to the waves. It was slow season, so we saw almost no one by the pool. We snorkeled along the walls, swimming south against the current in order to drift back down. We walked to the main square about 4 times. It's a bit over a mile, but for us it was a nice time to just take in the air.

You can't beat this place. It's not humongous and dominating like its neighbors, and I wished there was some sand, I forgot about that the moment we jumped in the ocean. OH, and the lap pool is delicious! Though not heated...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple