We have made a couple trips to Cozumel in the past few years but this was our first stay at OGC. We liked the welcoming glass of champagne. We found the natural setting of the property- gorgeous. Pool water was very warm- but it was late June. We were glad to be at a resort with an actual beach (don't let your snorkeling equipment stay unattended though) The housekeeping was very good. We did have AC issues the first couple of nights, which was not too pleasant at this time of the year, but once we were placed in an equivalent accommodation, things were much better. The quality of the buffets were better than average and the specialty restaurants were a nice compliment to our stay--William at the Los Olivos, was top notch. On site activities were fun - casino night and the disco--and the fire show was very entertaining. The location is a good 15 minute drive from downtown- but it gave us the opportunity to easily explore the other side of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel