“We loved it!”
Review of Flamingo Hotel

Flamingo Hotel
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Our group of friends came to Cozumel for the water, the sand, and to escape our Wisconsin winter! The Hotel Flamingo was excellent. In fact, our stay felt more like a Bed & Breakfast!
Our room was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. There were plenty of "outdoor" areas to read and relax in, and the roof-top area was perfect for watching the sun set.

Our breakfast was always yummy...and filling...and drinks at the bar in the afternoon or evening were delightful as well. We loved our location...we found the best bakery an easy walk away!

The Hotel Flamingo's staff was friendly and accomodating...honestly...coming back after our day out, we felt like we were coming home! We loved the Hotel Flamingo and would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We loved our court-side room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My fiancé and I were in Cozumel last month and stayed in Hotel Flamingo. Overall it’s a nice place to stay but there are definitely some negatives.
Positives: Hotel is close to everything. The decor is very nice and the rooms are nice and clean. The staff are also very friendly. The upgraded breakfast is very nice and well worth the money. The king bed was super comfy.

Negatives: We paid extra be upgraded to a room with balcony. The balcony is so narrow that you can’t even put a chair on it, so really can’t enjoy it. The air conditioning unit was unbelievably loud. I’m not a light sleeper but when you have something in your room that sounds like a tank switching gears, it even kept me up. If you want hot water, forget it. We’d let it run for 15-20min and might (might) get some warm water. In the balcony rooms, the window faces the street and the slider door is paper thin, so defiantly not quite (the interior rooms might be better for this).
All in all, the place was OK. I would perhaps stay again, if I could get an interior room with a not-so-loud air conditioner. I will say that I’ve stayed in 3 other places in town and I would consider them all better.

Room Tip: If you want quite, do not stay in rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AbroadDreams
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Flamingo. We appreciate your constructive comments. The room you stayed in was #32 and we were having some issues with the air conditioner that were being repaired at the time. We finally replaced the entire mini split unit and there are now no more issues with noise. The mini splits are quiet units. Another piece of good news is we just recently made a major investment in a large commercial boiler with a recirculation system. The rooms such as #32 that were at the end of the building, now all receive plenty of hot water in just a few seconds. We hope that you will consider us again for one of your future stays in Cozumel!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My son and I were recently in Cozumel for a week of diving and stayed at the Flamingo. All in all, very good value, and I'm glad I read a previous tripadvisor report recommending that I book directly with the hotel as that way the price includes a full breakfast. The breakfast turned out to be excellent, with plenty of choice. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the ferry dock, as well as many shops and restaurants.Our only complaints were 1) no hot water and 2) spotty WiFi. We spoke to the desk twice about the lack of hot water - once we were told it would be rectified, the second time we were told we needed to let the water run for 20 minutes! As for the WiFi, it originated from a computer at the bar, and a couple of times my son had to go down and ask them turn it on (or back on after it had been switched off). We had a rental car with us and were able to find street parking each night just a few blocks away. We did not use the dive services offered by the hotel because we booked with a guide who we used previously. All in all, yes I would recommend the Flamingo.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JPTwins
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A friend and I stayed recently at this little hotel in San Miguel on Cozumel, and what's not to like? My room was clean and attractive. The bed was unusually comfortable for a hotel bed. The little refrigerator was stocked with water, Starbucks cold bottled coffee drinks, small snacks, wine, and beer (you pay for what you use--but why shouldn't you?). Breakfast in the interior courtyard was excellent (and included in the room price). Guests were the sort who sat at breakfast reading books, and smiled "hello." Everyone working there was friendly and helpful. My room air-conditioner was a bit noisy, but in a "white noise" sort of way, and not bothersome. There's a bar downstairs, good places to eat just steps away, all the souvenir shops you could wish for (or avoid). The hotel is a half-block from the waterfront, but on a quiet side street. Five minute walk gets you to the ferry, for a trip across to the Yucatan Peninsula. Ten minutes from the airport. No on-site parking, but we had no trouble finding free street parking nearby. If you are looking for pricey, over-the-top luxury, or to hang out with the cruise ship crowd, this is NOT your place. If you want comfortable, friendly, unostentatious, clean, safe, and all for a very reasonable price, STAY HERE. But not so many of you that I can't get a room next time I go!

Room Tip: "Courtyard" rooms are near the bar, so I suppose might be less quiet--but it's not a b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank minna18
Reviewed 30 March 2012

absolutely gorgeous rooms at a very decent price, mellow but helpful staff, wobbly wifi but nice breakfast. quiet during our stay, though seemed underbooked.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family