Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 177
US$ 96
Bookit.com
Caribo Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 23
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 27/night.

US$ 95
US$ 87
Hotels.com
US$ 144
US$ 114
Priceline
  • Pool
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
US$ 87
US$ 159
US$ 126
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 149/night.

Casita de Maya(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
TripAdvisor
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$ 592
US$ 470
All reviewspapa hogsvilla blancasuperior roomhot tubdive shopdive tripconvenience storethe penthouserooms are cleaninternet connectionhotel restaurantbreakfast was includedking bedstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat snorkelingfridgejorge
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We really enjoyed our time at the Villablanca. Our room was spacious (upstairs Superior) with a small balcony and a nice view of the water.
The bed was comfortable for us though not one of those plush pillow top type matresses. The only downside of the room was that the sink was cracked & in need of replacement though it was usable. The AC was quite effective.
Do eat at Arturo's for more than just breakfast. He does a Mexican barbeque weekly that was very good & the Mexican Beef Tips were excellent! Take the time to talk with him. A very friendly, interesting person.
Though Wilma did do damage to the reefs we still found plenty of fish & some coral between the beach club across the road & the stingray place. On Sunday there are no cruise ships so that'sa good day to snorkel from the cruise ship terminal back toward the beach club. There is some reef restoration going on there.
Overall a great vacation, good hotel, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We visited Villa Blanca for a 4 day dive weekend in early July 2010. The hotel is simple, a little bit older, and priced at quite a value. When booking with orbitz in combination with airfare, the room rate is very cheap. This is a good basic accomodations hotel. You will not find any type of resort experience here, but that's expected at the price.

The hotel staff is courteous, respectful, and responsive. Any issue was met with a honest desire to make my stay satisfactory. Arturo is either the hotel manager or owner, and can be found onsite everyday. He'll take your order at breakfast, pour coffee for you, or make the bbq that they serve on Sunday evenings ($14 all you can eat home made bbq).

The standard rooms are pretty small - but so what, I go to Cozumel to dive. I go to my room to bath, use the restroom, and pass out on the bed. They were air conditioned rooms. The superior rooms are newer, and nicer, and in a newer building, with newer AC. However, the AC in our rooms worked quite well.

When you book with orbitz, there is free "American Breakfast". When you check in you will recieve a breakfast 'ticket' for every night you stay (and every person staying). You use these at the 'restraunt' area. The breakfast restraunt is a covered outdoor area near the pool. It opens at 7am. The free breakfast is a breakfast off the menu called "American Breakfast" - it is 2 eggs, scrambled or fried (over easy) 1/4 cup of potatoes, 1/4 cup of beans, 2 slices of toast, with butter and jelly, a glass of juice, and unlimited coffee. For a day diving, that was fine - I don't eat heavy before diving. If I had stayed for a full week, I would have needed more variety. There are other menu items, but they are not included in the free breakfast. You can use the free breakfast coupon for a $2 discount against other items (pancakes were $5 I think, without discount).

There are safe deposit boxes in the lobby - they cost $5 for your complete stay. There is a TV in the room, with cable - if you like to watch a little before passing out after a day of fun in the sun. There is a phone in the room, which I didn't use. The standard rooms ajoin, so you can have a buddy stay next to you, and share space.

The standard rooms have wood slats instead of glass windows. To close the window you pull a lever and the slat go flat. There are screens. If it is breezy this is very nice. I thought maybe AC would escape through wood slat windows - but it was not a problem. Simply close the slats, turn the AC cold, and the room could get REALLY cold. Their is also a ceiling fan that if set correctly could be turned into a tornado simulation device.

There is wifi in the courtyard, and pool area. I couldn't get wifi in my room. However if your room was closer to the pool, you might be able to. WiFi is free. The bandwidth wasn't huge, I would guess 1mb. However, plenty for surfing, facebooking, or making skype phone calls.

There was no problem with anything feeling unsafe while I was there. We locked our cash and credit cards in the safe deposit box just in case. However, I've stayed at much nicer places, and we always do this. We dried our gear on a shared balcony space, without fear of it being molested. The superior rooms on the 2nd floor have private balconies. The rooms are older, and the bathroom tiles are stained and a little old. Everything functions fine though. Water got hot. I read reviews about salty water from taps. I have no idea if the water is salty - I didn't drink it. DO NOT DRINK TAP WATER. The hotel will give you a 1 liter water bottle to put in your fridge. If you go through that, go to the OXXO (convenience store) next to the hotel, and get another for drinking in the room. The fridge in the room is 4ft tall, it is unplugged when no one is in a room. It takes about 8 hours to cool off after you arrive. Same with the AC, it's off when no one is in the room - the room takes 2 hours to cool off. Though neither the fridge, or AC was a problem.

When we were there, there was a group of 20 that came in - they ate breakfast together. That meant not a seat was left. There is only 2 people running breakfast - a man taking orders, serving coffee (the owner arturo) and a lady cooking. If 20 people show at once, it's going to be tight seating, and slow service. However, on the day before the group got their it was quiet and nice. On that day it only took 5 minutes to have eggs and toast out to us.

Location is nice, next to Scuba Mau, and Papa Hogs. However, since the shops will pick you up nearly anywhere south of barracuda hotel - it's no big deal. There are 3 bars next to the hotel - 2 of them serve food. Typical bar stuff: tacos, burgers, fajitas, nachos, etc. burger/fries/bottle soda is about $10 before you tip the waiter.

A ride to downtown square is 2.5 miles, and on a taxi is 70 pesos ($6) - negotiate price in dollars or pesos before you go anywhere in the taxi. A taxi ride to the airport was $14. The van shuttle from the airport to the hotel was $16 paid at the shuttle van window at the airport, upon arrival.

I would rate the hotel as good basic accomodations with AC, and a bed. I will likely stay again. I might also try the Barracuda Hotel down the road, price range is about the same, but location is 1/2 mile to town square, and right across the street from the grocery store.

I wouldn't want to stay here 7 nights - the bar food in the surrounding bars is ok - but a little tiresome. I would rather spend an extra couple of bucks at La Mission (the one downtown), or Guido's downtown and get something better. $10 at a bar will buy a soda/burger/fries (plus tip). $16 at La mission will get rib eye/lobster tail/tortilla soup/veggies on side/bottle water (surf and turf special, I recommend it). However, since the taxi ride is $6 each way, that could add up. Staying some place within walking distance to town like Barracuda might make those options more appealing.

So - all in all - nice little hotel. Certainly a great place for a weekend diving trip. It's for you if fit/function/price are more important than the newest bathroom tiles/counters.

If you want some place with a 5 star experience, I can make other recommendations, but they will all cost much more than this pleasant little hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank rayaa3
Reviewed 10 June 2010

This is the perfect location if you will be diving with Scuba Mau, Pappa Hogs or the other diving shops in the area and you don't plan to stay much in the rooms. For everything else there are better hotels. The breakfast is very basic so you will be better to buy something from the nearby OXXO (small convenient store). WiFi had problems all the time . The better restaurants are in the city - taxi is 5 to 7 USD and you can walk back to the hotel in 20-30 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I stayed at the Villablanca for a week in May 2010. We upgraded to superior rooms upon arrival. They were spacious, clean and well appointed, with a king bed and a futon in the sitting area. Bathrooms are marble, with a large shower and vanity. Our rooms were on the first floor, with a small patio area with chairs overlooking the lawn and pool. Staff was professional and friendly, and willing to accommodate your requests. Restaurant staff was very friendly and quickly remembered your preferences. Food in the restaurant was good, and prices were reasonable. The pool area was small but nice, and we rarely saw more than a few people using it. There is a beach club (La Palapita) across the street, and several restaurants close by. It's about a 2 mile walk or a 70 peso cab ride into town. My only complaint about the hotel is the salty water from the tap. I never felt like I got really clean while showering due to the salt content.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I have stayed here twice now. The first was with my wife 2 years ago. This last time was with my 3 brothers. My review applies to both times. This is not a luxury place but it is nice. We stayed in a superior room. They are very large, the beds are large and pretty good. The views are okay but nothing to write home about. The bathrooms are also large, and yes the water seems a bit salty. But don't drink it anyway. The road noise SUCKS and even goes late!!! The few resturants around the hotel SUCK and are relatively expensive...I like authentic cheap yet good mexican food. You can get GREAT taco's for $10 pesos in town. talk to Opal or Mau at SCUBA Mau for spot on recomendations for places to eat. You have to go into san miguel away from the water front to get the best food. The A/C is great, wireless internet is nice. There are NO nice beaches near here. The taxi fare to EVERYWHERE from this location really SUCKS! The access to my favorite dive operator on the island, SCUBA Mau. Is AWSOME. Access thier dive boat on the dock across the street. Good salsa dancing on Sat. nights acorss the street. OXXO store right next to SCUBA Mau is also nice. High season prices at villa blanca are a bit overpriced, but the low season rates are amazing. There are better places to stay on Cozumel, but there are certaily much worse. If you don't mind paying about $70 pesos to go to downtown and then pay it again to come back each time, and you want to stay in a nice place for cheap, with super quick and easy access to a great dive operator then stay here. I think I would stay else where like Tamarindo B&B ($45-65 USD \ night), rent a car for $35 USD per day, and still dive with SCUBA Mau. in fact after one night here at Villa Blanca thats exactly what we did.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family