4,166 results
All reviews resort credit loft suite chef's dinner romantic dinner the concierge level vacation planners pay tax italian restaurant outdoor grill spa treatments hour room service my pleasure dolphin swim hammock on the balcony playa del carmen our honeymoon entertainment staff
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is our 3rd time to visit the Cozumel Palace. It never disappoints! We always enjoy walking downtown. It is a short, safe 15 minute walk from the Palace to the town center or Plaza. Downtown is full of shops, bars, music and enriched in culture. Make sure you see the beautiful Plaza at night. The beautiful lit up clock tower and colored water fountain timed to music is a must see at night.

On site dive center is efficient and was able to get certified for a lot less than in the States. All the Staff are trained to never say no and all are very accomodating, polite. Tipping helps on busy days. A lot more families than past visits. The water is amazingly clear and abundant with coral and sea life. Lion Fish are back.

Day Visit to other parts of Island were fun! Don’t miss Coconuts, it is always an adventure! We took a taxi to Coconuts for $45 for 2 hours. Make sure to visit the Money Bar for fun live music from 6-9PM on Fri, ,Sat, Sun. The Original Lobster House for a unique dining experience and delicious food is a fun time when venturing away from the Hotel. The Original Lobster House is a must do! The pool side ceviche, and pizza at the hotel are good. The poolside lounges can be a challlenge when the hotel is booked. By adding chairs sometimes helped as people set towels out before 8AM.

Diving and snorkeling is the best. Ricardo G. Is an excellent dive Instructor. He was very thorough in making sure skills for diving were mastered. If you are thinking about getting certified to dive, do it here! The visibility is over 100 feet and sea life is plentiful. The on site Aqua Safari dive shop was truely an amazing experience. The staff and service throughout the resort is excellent. This was truely a beautiful vacation and we can’t wait to return.

Room Tip: Ocean Front are rooms 3rd to 5th floor...Ocean view are 1st and 2nd floor only. South end was quieter.
1  Thank ScubaSF27
GM_RivieraZone, Gerente at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Steven F,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and preference in Cozumel Palace. It is truly gratifying to know that you enjoyed our beautiful Resort, amazing Island and that we have been able to always exceed your expectations, this time for the 3rd time. Reviews like yours inspire us and motivate us to continue providing exceptional service to our guests in order to create memorable experiences. Thank you for letting us be your home away from home and always part of your vacation.

We look forward to your next visit!

Cordially,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We booked our trip as a getaway through Interval. We had free transportation from Cancun airport to the resort in Cozumel. It was a journey! If you book through interval fly directly into Cozumel if you can because it was so exhausting and takes at least a couple extra hours. The resort was nice, but small, especially if you have been to larger resorts. We did enjoy our time away and had a good relaxing vacation but for my husband and I, we have no desire to return.

The service staff is incredible! They ALL truly made our trip and was our favorite thing about the resort. When you check in you receive a wrist band and they each mean something different. We noticed green (interval) and yellow seemed to be booked through a deal with Costco. Black, white and sliver bands are ones that belong to Palace resorts. I personally felt that I was not treated any different (service wise) because I was not an “owner”. Those ones did get special privileges such as reserved seats at the pool, which I think, so deserve some sort of special treatment.

It was our anniversary and we received a coupon for an anniversary dinner. It was FANTASTIC! They had a special table set up just for us with rose petals and we even got to choose a special meal. My husband got the steak (he said it was overcooked, even after ordering it medium rare) and I got the coconut shrimp which was wonderful! The food overall was just okay. As much as we paid for the all inclusive portion of the vacation we were both very disappointed. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had great variety! The dinner buffet outside was not good at all, neither was the Mexican, which should be the best since we are in Mexico! The food on the buffet was cold (we went at peak dinner times) and the meats were overcooked.

We drank..a lot! Everyone was truly wonderful but the one that was our favorite and really stood out was Jesus that worked 3-11 at the pool bar. We sat at the bar a lot, especially outside at night, and he knew when exactly to pour us another drink. He was comical too..loved to joke around and we do too so it made the bar time fun for us! Entertainment at night is a must! The break dance show was our favorite!

The pool is small and chairs are limited. Thankfully I get up early and did not mind going down to the pool early to get seats. And we only needed 2, rather than for a whole family, so they were easy to get.

We paid in advance for the all inclusive portion so we did receive 1500 resort credits. We ended up having almost 700 left because there was nothing we wanted to use them on since we still had to pay 16% tax on whatever we used them for. But they did help out with things we really wanted to do, and when we checked out we did receive a voucher to use the remaining credits within a year at any other Palace resort.

The island itself is very busy because of the cruise ships that dock during the day. We did walk downtown from the resort, which is only about .5 miles for some shopping.

We first were checked in to room 119. That room is right down the hall from the lobby area and is VERY VERY loud! We were woken up at 5 am from the hustle and bustle of the lobby. That morning I went back to see if I could exchange rooms because that room was just way too loud for us! The lady at the desk was nice and we did get moved to 210. This room was the same setup and was much quieter! We did have to walk a little bit to the room but it was worth having quiet. The hallways are all tile and we did hear people walking in the hallway during the day and at night but compared to our first night it was nothing.

We did a couples massage with our resort credits and really enjoyed it! Very relaxing! The spa is small, but still very relaxing.

Overall we did enjoy our stay and had a nice “getaway” but we both have no desire to return.

4  Thank Sarah P

Dear Sarah P,

Congratulations on your anniversary celebration and thank you for considering us to celebrate this special occasion, as well I want to express you my deepest appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at Cozumel Palace. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was good, however, it saddens us to learn that the food did not meet your expectations, thank you for bringing this to my attention, rest assured that we duly noted all your comments.
About the excellent service you had received I will be sharing your positive comments with my team so they know what a great job they are doing.Thank you again for your preference and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Cordially

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace for 5 nights returning home just this past Tuesday. My husband and our three children ages 14,12,and 9 stayed in a loft suite. The room was perfect for our family. Going in I knew I was going to miss the beach, and I did. However the kids enjoy the pool more than the beach so it worked out fine. The pool side wait staff is excellent, however they are very busy. One day I did not get my drink and another day it took forever. Not their fault, they were just extremely busy. There was one day when there was not even one pool chair available. The next day we got up by 7:00 to go save pool chairs. Every single chair already had items on it. So no chairs for us again.
The pool is nice and shallow, was not over the head of my little one which was nice and we were able to relax by the pool.
I was surprised at how many kids were here. It seemed almost every guest was part of a family. This made me feel better about having my 3 there. My older one did start to get a little bored in late afternoons we said next time we go we will stay someplace with a teen club.
We loved the pool side snack bar. It was nice for the kids to grab a pizza or a burger when they were hungry without having to dress and go into a restaurant for lunch. My oldest son is a vegetarian and sometimes had limited options at the restaurants but there was a veggie sandwich on the room service menu that he loved and he ordered it multiple times. Every time we walked into a restaurant or ordered room service we were asked if
anyone had any food allergies. All of the restaurants offer a kids menu option if the main menu doesn’t appeal to little ones. They also bring out the kids menu order with the first course so no long waits for their French fries ;)
Every single staff person we spoke with was extremely friendly and kind. They all work so hard to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need.
This resort is very small. It was nice for having the kids there. They were never out of our sight.
The $1500 resort credits were easy to use. We had no problems. They paid for all of us to go to Chankanaab and for the kids to all swim with dolphins. We all also went to the sting ray beach and swam there, got 9 pictures and each of us received a free t shirt, all paid for with resort credits. The sting ray beach is within walking distance.
My daughter had her hair braided at the spa. She was treated like a princess, even receiving a welcome drink. I was not impressed with her braids though. Typically they stay in for weeks and weeks. These all fell out within three days. I’m pretty upset for what we paid and she is sad she can’t have her braids in to show her friends at school.
Aside from a few hiccups as mentioned our vacation was fanatastic. The resort is extremely clean and the staff go above and beyond. The food was excellent with a wide variety. We were not asked at all to attend a timeshare presentation.
I would definitely recommend this resort to someone looking for a small resort with great food and service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MamaB3

Dear MamaB3,

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us at Cozumel Palace for the first time. Thank you for sharing your cherished assessment on TripAdvisor as it is gratifying to know that you were pleased with so many aspects such as the delicious food and the attention provided by our staff members.For us, your total comfort and satisfaction is our main goal. Moreover, I appreciate your feedback as this will be taken in considerations and revision for further improvements in our service. Your kind sentiments are greatly appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you and your beautiful family back to our resort again soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Like going home! We stayed for our 6th time in February. We've traveled extensively through the Caribbean and while going somewhere new is exciting, there's nothing like coming back to a place that you enjoy so much. It's amazing to see so many of the same staff that have been there for 8 or 10 years+. As everyone says, the staff are incredibly attentive and make you feel like family. They want you to be pampered, they want you have the best vacation ever! The food, the drinks, the service, the rooms...the VIEW! All amazing. Also a great place to stay if you want to walk into town as it's only 5 minutes away. Or rent a Palace Jeep and drive around the Island. Or go scuba diving with the onsite dive shop. Biggest thanks and HUGS to Ana, Fredy, Emmanuel, Roger and the amazingly hard working cleaning/restocking crew, the lovely ladies in the spa. Honestly, not a single complaint. LOVE everything and everyone at Cozumel Palace!! Will go again, and again, and again!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_RivieraZone, Director General at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Cheryl Lynn L,

It is a pleasure for us to receive your very kind comments and learn about your recent experience at Cozumel Palace. We are grateful to be your home away from home. Our intention is to make our guests feel comfortable and welcomed at all times, and of course, I am very happy to know you felt not only welcomed but completely comfortable, pampered and appreciated.

It is quite rewarding for us to know one of our dear patrons returned back home feeling completely satisfied with the overall experience and most importantly, eager to return for more. We shall continue to improve every single day, it is our commitment to ensuring you will always find a good reason to keep coming back.

Thank you for choosing us, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, right on the water. Snorkelling is amazing. You can get your divers licence on side. Sun chairs are limited.
Very friendly staff. It’s a very busy place. There is no beach. If you love walking on the beach, sorry this is not possible

2  Thank Karin V

Dear Karin V,

I am grateful for your kind comments and for giving us the chance to host you. Thank you so much for your preference.

Our guest’s satisfaction is the most important for us, I am pleased to know you had an overall positive experience. Hopefully, you may visit us again in the future, we would be thankful if you give us the chance to improve your experience and surpass all of your expectations.

Best regards,