“ScubaTony Rocks!”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Bothell
“ScubaTony Rocks!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

As a 1st time diver, my main concern was safety. Tony's awesome reviews (and the fact that he is an ex-LA cop and speaks English) were enough make me choose ScubaTony! Right from the start I felt I was in good hands. Tony is a no-nonsense instructor - you do what he says, when he says - he is in command and he let me know he would take care of me, all I had to do was BREATH! Tony walked me through my initial panic attack (first time with the regulator under water with no mask, dark, scary, thought I wouldn't be able to breath) He assured me I could do this - and I did! Tony stayed with me as we descended. I had some trouble clearing my ears, and he kept helping me until I could continue. We dove at Paraiso Reef and it was beautiful - so many colorful fish and amazing coral. Tony carefully monitored our oxygen tanks and when it was time to surface, our whole group (5 of us) couldn't wait to do the 2nd dive. The 2nd dive was even better! Still a little problem with my ears, but once down to the bottom, we saw a turtle, sting-ray, huge grouper and snapper and even bigger, more beautiful, colorful fish and coral. I think Tony was actually impressed I had the most oxygen left in our group at the end of the 2nd dive! This diving experience was so much better than I expected. I'm so glad I chose ScubaTony and give him the highest recommendation. Thank you, Tony, for taking such good care of me!

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

montreal,quebec
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Simply The Best!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

After the reviews here on tripadvisor I began to contact Tony via email to set up my diving.I like to be prepared,this being my first stay on Cozumel I had so many questions of which every single one was answered,from who to rent my car from to where to eat.So,upon arriving at Caleta...........Luis,incredible divemaster, shook my hand after introducing himself and proceeded to unload my gear from my rental.That was the last time I would touch my gear for 11 days...and thats how my experience with everyone at ScubaTony began.I met the captain,Carlos,probably the kindest human being I have ever met.Then there was Tony!!My first day was spent with Tony as our divemaster and I was introduces to the incredible underwater world of Cozumel.What did I see..everything I ever dreamed of and more including a spotted eagle ray eating a conch shell,something that will always stay with me.After I surfaced a strange thing happenned,Carlos took my gear from me while I was still in water....wow!!Fresh fruit,snacks and a warm shower...and a water bottle with my name and dive schedule on it....That was just day one.I spent the next 7 or 8 days out of 11 diving with Luis and Carlos and a wonderful assortment of divers from couples,cruisers and families all with the same conclusions as I..ScubaTony is the best.My girlfriend,Camille, took a Discover Scuba Course with the lovely Ariane, and had some difficulty at first but was made to feel comfortable and ended up enjoying herself until her mask fogged up.Arian showed me my first seahorse on the same dive at Paraiso Reef (Paradise)From dream like swim throughs to toadfish & blacksail blennies,octopuss and giant crab . Luis was my guide,Carlos my Captain when I arrived in Cozumel.They are both my friends when I sadly left.If you want to see everything while diving in Cozumel,if you are concerned with safety..if you have just been certified and need attention or have 5,000 dives and want to be with the best professionals on the Island,look no further than ScubaTony....Im already planning our next trip,no need to research anymore as I already know the answer...I miss you all and hope to see you very soon!!

Gilford, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best dive operation in Cozumel”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Diving with ScubaTony was the highlight of our trip. As newer divers we wanted to go with a group known for safety. After reading several great reviews on Tripadvisor we picked ScubaTony, so glad we did. Tony was very quick to respond and set up our trip, answering my MANY questions. Our DM Louis checked on us constantly and pointed out amazing sea life (sharks and turtles!), he always explained our plan, gave safety reminders and asked if we had any questions before going in. Carlos always knows where his divers are located, helps you get in/out of the boat, and is just a great guy and boat Captain. Both Louis and Carlos made our dives feel safe, educational and fun! When we come back to Cozumel, we will not hesitate to contact Tony and his awesome staff.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Easy, friendly, amazing!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

In Cozumel, you can see some of the best dive sights in the world. Tony is friendly and interesting. Carlos sets up your gear for you and offers snacks. Diving with them is easy, just show up.

Newcastle upon Tyne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Professional outfit”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Top quality diving. Very efficient at replying to lots of queries by email prior to booking. We booked the option of hiring the boat all to ourselves. Excellent instruction although drift diving with stronger currents may not suit inexperienced or nervous divers.