“Did not want to leave!”
Review of ScubaTony Cozumel

ScubaTony Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaTony offers personalized dive services at reasonable prices. Specializing in small groups and quality service, we make the needs of our guests our focus. Dive trips are 6 divers max on a fast boat with amenities like fresh fruit, fresh water shower and surface intervals on the beach. You can even private charter the boat just for you. No rush, no hassle and no worries. After all, it is vacation!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Scuba Tony's is the first time I heard the term "valet diving" but it's true! Scuba tony takes care of everthing. Equipment can be left with them safely, comes back clean and read to go. This is the best diving outfitter in Cozumel. My wife Shelly and I have been to many other locations in North Amerca, and this is the best of all. Do you have six stars? Because Scube Tony goes beyond.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for ScubaTony Cozumel

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Cozumel to complete our 2-day open water certification at the beginning of April. I freely admit I was incredibly nervous and had countless worst case scenarios running through my mind - but that was before we we met Ariane and Hector.

From the moment we stepped on the boat, we were made to feel safe and cared for, so much more so than I would've hoped. As someone who tends to get flustered and overwhelmed, Ariane's positive energy, kindness and patience were my saving grace. We never felt rushed or out of our comfort zones, while at the same time seeing and experiencing things we would never have anticipated (sharks! meandering swim-throughs!). Ari is clearly a passionate, knowledgeable, intuitive and conscientious DM, and she truly cares about creating a safe, positive and memorable experience for her guests and students.

And Hector, well, you couldn't ask for a better or more skilled captain. His boat was pristine, he showered us off with warm, fresh water as soon as we were back in the boat, and he always had snacks and magic tricks at the ready. He was keen to point out flying fish and sail fish when they were nearby, and had an eagle eye for us (as well as other divers from other boats) when we surfaced. A lovely person all around.

If I ever find myself in Cozumel again I won't hesitate to dive with ScubaTony, Ariane and Hector. And I will absolutely point others in their direction as well.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Went diving with the ScubaTony team 3 days during the first week of April 2012. Each day we had a different dive master, but each was very knowledgeable, friendly, and a pleasure to dive with. Hector was the boat captain for us all 3 days and I can't say enough about how great he is.

The entire process from email communications months in advance to phone calls to our resort the day before each dive was very professional and friendly. They definitely succeeded in providing my wife and I with a great dive trip with "no worries". I really can't think of anything that they could do to improve their service. We will definitely dive with them again the next time we're in Cozumel. Thanks again ScubaTony team!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I had the repeat pleasure of diving with Scubatony and his crew on a 9 day holiday mid March. We stayed at Tony and Encarna’s guest house and loved it.
The diving was challenging due to “crazy current time of the year” but the stellar service of Tony and crew made everything outstanding. It was great to meet the new crew and reassuring to experience their commitment to safety and customer comfort; making every dive a wow factor of 10. Not to forget Carlos and Mario who are genuine, true gentlemen and superb at their jobs.
What really stood out for me this trip was the amazing diversity of interesting diving companions. I had the privilege of diving with a marine biologist, a brain surgeon, psychologists, social workers, a helicopter pilot, an internationally renowned transportation safety expert, mothers and fathers with their kids. Each with unique stories but more importantly a love of diving and a genuine regard for a safe and enjoyable experience. Through hard work and a commitment to excellence Tony and his crew have attracted and created a community of happy people.

Bravo and we will return as it is never the same show for the encore.

Marc and Jackie Tercier Edm. A.B.

2  Thank Marc154914
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My son and I took a cruise that stopped in Cozumel. My wife thought it would be ‘fun’ book us into the Discover Scuba Dive with Scubatony. It was the one excursion that we were the most apprehensive about but it turned it to be the best excursion of the entire cruise!
First, the directions provided by Scubatony were prefect. It was very easy to make our way to the habour and find them. From there we were introduced to Mario, our instructor and guide for the morning. Mario was amazing. Even before we touched the water, he had erased all concerns & nervousness that we had about scuba diving. I can not say enough about him – he was an excellence teacher, great communicator (above and beneath the water), and just really cool. The dive itself was great. The water was crystal clear and warm and we saw lots of corral and fish. We even saw two sharks!
Overall this experience was a 10 out of 10. My son is now eager to sign-up for scuba classes at home and become certified. I can guarantee there will be another trip in our future to do more diving with Scubatony!