“Might be the best meal in town.”
Review of La Candela

La Candela
Ranked #28 of 446 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We did a one night stay at the Flamingo years ago and this place has been a must ever since. We always look to see what is on the daily special and it doesn't matter if its chicken, pork, stuffed pepper it will please. The soup, beans and rice etc always pair well with the meal along with one of my favorite margaritas on the island. The price makes me wonder how they make it so good and sell it so cheap. Nothing cheap about the quality. You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I ate here several times, it is a night lunch spot, with quick service and affordable prices. The fish tacos and guacamole became my ‘go-to’ dish. The Cuban sandwich looked awesome. And the daily special was highly recommended. Some people claim to eat here every day. The waiters are friendly, pretty much Spanish only. There is a ‘front desk’ where you can pay with your credit card (or the waiter will take it there for you.) Free wi-fi, clean bathrooms.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great breakfasts,wonderful service, nice atmosphere. Have enjoyed meals here for years, very laid back nice mix of natives and visitors. Huevos motolenos are fabulous as are most breakfast items, very moderately priced.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

La Candela is open 8 to 5 every day except Sunday. My wife and i usually ate here at least once a day for the month.we were on Cozumel. Breakfasts are good and inexpensive (we like the chilaquiles with chicken (pollo) and the fruit with yogurt and granola). Weoften had fresh orange juice and coffee. They do a good job of keeping the coffee cup full.

For lunch or early dinner, since they close at 5, we like the pork tacos or any of the daily specials. I highly recommend the beef (res) ones, with perfectly done strips of tender beef. Fajitas are excellent as well.

My wife loves the mojitos, and I usually had jamaica (with free refills) since i was driving. Dark beer was good if I wasn't driiving.

The guacamole and platanos fritos should also not be missed.

The portions are large, the prices are low, the service is wonderful, and the owner looks a bit like George Clooney. . What's not to like?

They also have excellent wifi which was important because the wifi at our condo was iffy.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We originally tried to go here for dinner, but finding it closed then, realized it was only open for breakfast and lunch, so came back the next day for breakfast. Food was terrific, service was quick, friendly and efficient. Price was very reasonable...would recommend.