“Nice atmosphere and friendly service”
Review of Palmeras

Palmeras
Ranked #30 of 387 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I ordered Mahi el Pescador and a margarita. The service was prompt and friendly. The margarita was good. The sauce with the fish was delicious as were the sautéed vegetables that came with it. However, the fish itself was very strong tasting in parts. I haven't had Mahi Mahi for a while but I remembered it as being very mild. I was not able to eat some of the darker edges.

Palmerasrestaurante, Social Media Manager at Palmeras, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, thanks for leaving us your comments, I will let you know your comments about Mahi Mahi to our chef to keep in mind, we hope to visit us again when you return to Cozumel.

Greetings from the Caribbean.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The worst customer service I have received . At first I was approached with a man running towards me begging for me to enter his restaurant and then as soon as I asked for just a drink he completely changed into a very rude waiter because I wasn't spending very much. I tried asking a question and he cut me off and then when I tried to ask another one for help and he was just as rude. I asked why they were being like that and instead of apologizing and being helpful, he got very defensive and attacked my question. Any advice to other travelers.... walk that little bit further into Cozumel and give your money to little local businesses that would be more grateful.

Hello Amigo, first of all thanks for leaving your comments, we are sad to know that you had a bad time with us, but it is really good to know this, I will let this know our floor manager to take note and rebuke our employees because this is no way to treat our visitors.

We are a local company of more than 40 years in service with family tradition of Cozumel. We hope to visit again and be able to have a better time.

Greetings from the Caribbean.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Enjoyed lunch in this open air restaurant. Tacos , guacamole and margaritas were delicious. Great atmosphere, food and service. Highly recommend!!

Palmerasrestaurante, Social Media Manager at Palmeras, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your lunch! Thank you for leaving your kind comment and for recommending us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Cozumel, we hope to have you in our house again.

Greetings from caribbean!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We've been visiting Cozumel regularly for years and even though it's smack dab in the middle of the "tourist spot" this restaurant is always a fantastic part of our trip. Open aired and a wait staff who enjoys pleasing their customers with delicious, yummy dining. Just go you will be glad you did. Try the pepitos, tender steak sandwiches that everyone at the table will want bites of! Enjoy!

You're right, the Pepitos are incredibly delicious! Personally they are my favorites too. Thank you for your comments and to recommend our food, we hope that in your next stay in cozumel island you will visit us again.

Greetings from the Mexican Caribbean.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice while staying for a week in Cozumel. There are six of us and everyone said their food was delicious. We ordered shrimp, chicken and beef fajitas between us all. Excellent. The pico is delicious and the guac is good. They offer you a bottle of OFF to use to keep the mosquitos away while eating.
I ordered a hamburger the first visit and it was not great but I ate it because I was starving. I definitely say stick with the fajitas.
We ate one day for lunch when ships were in port and then one evening when the ships were gone. Our bill was almost cut in half when the ships were not in port.
We would return here again for fajitas.

Thank you for your kind comments! We are happy that you enjoyed your meal and have our favorite mixed fajitas.
On the other hand, I would like to know if you had any problems with your invoice and its prices? It is very important for us to know about the mistakes that we could have in order to provide the best service.

We hope to visit us again, greetings from the Mexican Caribbean.