“The food was good quality, but overpriced. ”
Review of Hacienda Chichen

Hacienda Chichen
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Chichen Itza
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I should start by saying that the food itself was good quality, and that the hotel has a garden to get many of its vegetables fresh, which is nice. The atmosphere is also very relaxing and in a pleasant green space. There are two vegetarian options for dinner - both pasta. Nothing vegan though. I also ate there for breakfast twice, as we stayed in the hotel. All in all, the reason that I am giving this restaurant only two stars is due to the price. I simply felt that for the size of the salads and the breakfast items that they had on offer, it was simply overpriced.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very regal, the staff are just amazing, professional, efficient, kind and friendly, we loved there approach and regret not staying for longer.

The room was perfect, we stayed in a honeymoon suite. No complaints!

What this hotel has to offer.... it’s stunning. there’s a garden where they grow food that they serve in the restaurant. the swimming pool is beautiful, the green trees the wildlife, I could go on.

There is also a church, and a restaurant opening soon next to it, on the site, potential wedding venue 10000%

The food in the restaurant is beautiful, breakfast was amazing!

I can’t recommend this hotel enough and I will stay for longer on my next visit for sure.

If you manage to go, look at some of the stones in the walls, with carvings, from the original Chichen Itza (actual stones) I didn’t believe it, but it makes the hotel even more special somehow.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The eco hotel is set in beautiful gardens near an ancient Myan site.

When we arrived we were shown a little standard room no wardrobe no safe. And two small double beds. We asked and paid for an upgrade and it was quickly arranged.

The upgrade called a master suite was basically one large room with a bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Hardly a suite but more than adequate.

We had three meals a lunch with our guide and driver. Dinner by ourselves and breakfast. The food was excellent The ambience of terrace dining superb. A little strange we asked for poached eggs. What we got in a small bowl was soft boiled eggs. Nicely cooked but not poached.

The hotel has an eco theme so the room has no phone or tv so there is less noise pollution. Notes warned of care in walking the gardens as being eco wild life would be close by.

All in all a good experience

Hacienda_Chichen, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hacienda Chichen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Feedback is very important to us, so we know what we are doing right and we can improve. Thank you so much for letting us know that the food was excellent, and that you had a good experience.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hacienda Chichen Resort & yaxkin Spa

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a nicer place than the “massive road-side restaurants” after visiting the chichen Itza ruins and I decided to go to the restaurant of this hotel... bad idea.

I can’t deny that the place is very beautiful and that service was excellent, but the prices are absurd if you consider that mostly everything is made with traditional-local ingredients and, at least what we ate, was not particularly exquisite/astonishing... it was just good.

Starters are about 10 USD ($) each; Mains are about 20-25 USD ($) each and a jar of Jamaica water was 12 USD ($)!...In Mexico, with that money, you easily get a much higher quality/price ratio anywhere.

I guess is the lack of options in the area that allows this kind of things to happen...

In any case, “the cherry on top” arrived when I asked for an espresso coffee and I realized the price was 6,5 USD ($)!... come on, not even in Switzerland anybody makes you pay that for a coffee... I didn’t took-it and I was wondering why that price? Was it hand made by an ancestral tribe in a remote place with some particular characteristics....? Don’t know... but I saw a couple of “Nespresso® capsule machines” at the angle of one of the rooms of the restaurant...

Hope they review they’re policy if they want to get “higher points”... or maybe is just a strategy for keep the “exclusiveness” of the place...

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for the night before going to the ruins light show at night, the hotel looks good, but the rooms are not comfy at all. The beds are the worst ive seen, basically a springboard with sheets, the ac was extremely noisy and the absolute worst was the restaurant. This restaurant looks abandoned, no decoration, no light, no ambient music, the prices are ridiculous, i felt robbed, 251 pesos for a torta, or 300 for 3 tacos, thats a steak and lobster kind of level anywhere else; the drinks are also poorly served, i asked for a dry martini and they gave me a half gin/half water glass because they said the portions of alcohol were limited and they had no choice.

If you want to avoid being robbed and not enjoying your trip i would recommend to stay next door at maya land and eating at the ox tun restaurant located at the ruins entrance, by far the best place in town.

1  Thank Rodrigo R