Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reclaiming My Spirit
Tampa, Florida

A Tale of 2 Resorts

Review of The Sens Cancun
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Oct 2016via mobile

The Grand Oasis Palm is the poster child for a line from the book, A Tale of Two Cities. It is the best of times and the worst of times. Your journey begins when you approach the main lobby. You’re greeted by an elegant water fountain…that’s filled with green algae laden water. As you approach the entrance your eyes are drawn to the colorful, airy lobby. The doormen are nattily dressed in an appealing combination of Caribbean gentleman finery with a side of SWAG. The vibe definitely has an air of sophistication… until you actually get inside of the lobby when the air begins to assault your senses with the scent of must/mold and/or mildew wafting through the air.

We had a junior suite which was a spacious, airy, beautifully appointed room with an expansive view of the beach…but no windows that would open. The room layout was spacious enough to allow for a sitting area with a couch and a double closet that stocked robes and house shoes! There was a fully stocked min-bar including some alcohol and snacks that were part of the all-inclusive deal. I was starting to feel pretty good about the room…until I noticed instead of a king size bed, we had two double beds pushed together. Pushed together, yet not connected. This meant you literally had to choose sides lest you end up on the floor as the beds separated relatively easily if you laid in the wrong spot.

The bathroom though slightly dated was a nice roomy area with a combined tub and shower. I was surprised to see an incense holder with 2 burning incense. I thought that was odd yet I assumed it was part of creating a “mellow vibe”. You know the thing they say about assuming? True! The incense was really to help unsuccessfully mask the awful stench constantly emanating from the toilet. I asked to have our bathroom re-cleaned twice - only to realize, there was nothing that would make it better. I was glad we had activities during the day because after a while the smell gave me a headache.

The resort itself is beautifully laid out, with an amazing infinity pool overlooking the beach. The beach itself is nothing special but looks much better from the ground than the view from your room. From your room view, the water looks colorless with patches of brown seaweed. From the ground, the water takes on various shades of aqua.

There were many restaurant offerings but most served the same tired buffet food offered in different settings. One day we decided to have lunch at one of the ala carte restaurants where you could order off the menu. That was a refreshing change… until you actually try to order fish off the menu and they must have had to go catch it because it took over an hour from the time we ordered it.

The staff for the most part is friendly, other than those at the front desk who seemed less than interested in providing a positive customer experience. It’s helpful to note that though it is an all inclusive resort, the employees accept and expect tips so make sure to keep some cash on hand.

The Grand Oasis is part of a larger chain of similar all inclusive resorts with the Grand being probably somewhere in the low to mid price range. It has all of the makings of a great resort but just enough issues to NOT be a great resort. I would consider visiting a higher-end hotel in this chain but not necessarily the Grand again.
Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 11 Oct 2016
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, as your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us. In regards to the bad smell in your room we will pass this information on to our Housekeeping department so that they can mend this situation. Once they are cleaned, rooms are checked by supervisors to make sure they meet our high standards. We offer our apologies for the inconvenience you had at the restaurant waiting for your food. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can witness the changes we implement on a daily basis, best regards.

₹16,538
    ₹44,773
4.6 km from The Sens Cancun
View more hotels in Cancun
8,319 results
All reviews grand oasis palm white box maki los agaves taco kids club pirate ship sushi bar captain hook beach waiter a la carte restaurants sports bar family vacation nachos isla mujeres recommend this resort concierge desk
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2016

The property was beautiful. The room was spectacular however the staff at the concierge were not good. I had an issue. My daughter cut her foot. We askef them for a bandaid and they sent us out to the lifeguard. The lifeguard was not out so we had to walk back to concierge again. I also needed a safety pin they sent me to the front desk who sent me right back to concierge. They were not helpful at all.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at The Sens Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Yvette,
We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments; this helps us to provide better services in the future.
We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Had a good time. Rooms, restaurants and bars were clean. All inclusive isn't totally all inclusive as you still need to purchase wifi, etc. Beach bar was good. Definitely buy one of those Bubba kegs so you don't need to go up for those little glasses they have. Overall great time. A la carte restaurants are good. Would go back to the adult one, so not so many kids around so early waking you up after a night out haha.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at The Sens Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear guest,
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts about our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought the drinks, pools and activities were great.
Thank you for choosing us as the host of your stay in Cancun, we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Best regards.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel exterior aesthetics and landscape is unattractive and substandard - not what was displayed on the brochure nor on Groupon. My all-inclusive purchase included 2-way transportation from the airport to the hotel and back. When we arrived at the airport, we had to find our own transportation to the hotel. When we called the hotel, we were told by the Grand Lifestyle manager that we only get a 1-way transport back to the airport. I still have a copy of my receipt showing transport to and from airport. One worker defrauded us to attend a sales meeting 5 miles away to purchase a "timeshare/travelclub." I put us into a cab, went with us and left us there. He made it seem like we were going on a tour at a more exclusive hotel. When we got there and was approached by salesmen with Grand Lifestyle name badges, we knew we were wasting half of our day, since the worker who took us there had already left, and we had to wait for a taxi. That is the culture within that hotel it seemed - everyone was trying to make a commission at the foreigners' expense. We spent close to one week in a room with no internet access, and non available for purchase. Each time we wanted internet access to communicate with our family, we had to take the elevator 10 floors down to the lobby. This was a very expensive gift for my spouse's birthday, and I was very embarrassed.

The room was nice and the workers were very pleasant. However, the service in general was very poor.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Leslie J
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at The Sens Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Leslie,
In regards to the inconvenient with the transportation It's important that you contact Groupon because is a external company and we can not be responsible for their incidents. Also, we wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that our guests are not required to attend "Timeshare" presentations, they are optional. Despite this, we will take your observations into consideration in order to avoid any discomforts.
We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.
Best regards.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

It was my first time in Mexico! Cancun it is! I love the hotel, the personals was great and helpful, but if we talk about the foods, don't eat salads! The salads was wash with water and if you don't want to go in the bathrooms all the time, then don't it salads at all! My favorite restaurant in this hotel was ''The White Box'' it was really great and cozy. The hotel is more for family! The the beach is really small! You need to go early in the morning to save a place! The bars was ok.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juuuuu_m
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at The Sens Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Guest,
We are pleased to greet you and at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. We would also like to express our appreciation for the flattering words we received from your stay with us.
Our hotel is audited and certified by an English company that measures and ensures the high quality and hygiene of our ingredients; in addition, a monthly sampling is carried out in the laboratory. This way we make sure that every dish that leaves our kitchen meets our guests’ high standards.We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us, this helps us know our strengths and weaknesses so we can provide a better service day by day. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

I believe I found this package deal on Expedia. Even though the reviews weren't that great, I went ahead and made a reservation for my son and I.
The check in process was smooth, a little on the informal side. We were told not to lose our wrist bands, not to lose the beach towels because we had to pay as well.
When I asked about wifi, I was told I had to purchase it. It's a good thing that my phone carrier covers Mexico for texting.
The food was just ok, but service was excellent. There were two restaurants that require a reservation, which I had to go to the reservation desk no later than 9:30 am or else, I would have not gotten a spot.
There's plenty to eat all around the resort, all day.
My room had an annoying AC noise which I got rid of my lowering the thermostat.
The timeshare sales people do stalk you a bit, and lie about what you'll get if you hear the "supposedly 90 minutes"
I attempted to listen to the sales rep, but once I asked if it was going to take more than the time described, the manager came out and said it was going to take longer.
I stood up and left.
Overall, the resort was ok for my weekend getaway. I was trying to escape the northeastern cold

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank eclair_ramon
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at The Sens Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Guest,
First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing us as hosts of your stay here in Cancun.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you and your son had regarding the air conditioning, be assured that we have passed these issues on to our maintenance team that have worked to prevent this from occurring again.
Also, we wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that our guests are not required to attend these presentations, they are optional. Despite this, we will take your observations into consideration in order to avoid any discomforts.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Best regards,