US$ 341
US$ 337
US$ 247
Melia.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 278/night.

US$ 392
US$ 219
US$ 502
Cancelon
4,094 results
All reviewswhite boxgrand oasisla bambamakitequila loungetacokids clubsushi bardos lunasoasis hotelspirate shipfamily resortcaptain hookbeach waiterlower floorcircus showwet bar
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I totally agree with the last review by Marissa. Just got back from Cancun with my family and had for the most part a great time. Only complaint as Marissa said is check in. Took a lonnngggg time to finally get checked in as they only have 1 person at the check in desk to service everyone. Also first day the one elevator wasn't working but they had it working for the rest of the week. Food was delicious and drinks were plentiful. Beach was great and beds were comfortable. If you have a family of 5 like I do this is a good choice as they let you have 3 kids in a standard room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me and my friend are both 19 years old... we went to this resort to have fun and relax...we got there to what we thought was the grand oasis palm (in which that is what we booked for) but really our driver brought us to the oasis palm the not as nice side... so we checked in thinking we were at the grand and they said " ohhh we have no rooms at this one so were gonna put you in the nicer side but you cant eat at the nicer side" so we were like okay that seems really nice of them! thanks! later to realize we already had paid the extra money to be in the grand and get the more resteraunts, buffets and what not.. so they tryed to rip us off within being there for 30 minutes... after we got that resolved an hour later we got the Grand oasis palm wrist band and we got all the accomidations instead of being limitied...

The rooms- nothing special kind of plain....THEY DONT HAVE BALCONYS.. totally annoying, the tv was the littliest thing possible. Other then that the maids were always good about cleaning the rooms and filling the mini fridge...

The pool- the one pool was great....the other pool noone was ever in it.. soo boring and was completely shaded..if you like shade then this is the place for you almost all the pools are shaded which can get a little annoying..

The beach - very pretty just no waves...and very shallow...if you like waves this is not the place for you.. the beach is also very small and sea weed is also there (gross)!!!

The lobby - so boring looking just plain white.. nothing exciting ever going on - the one bar in the lobby was great i loved the bartender he was very nice.

The disco - it was fun if it was busy! which it wasnt really ever unless it was a friday or saturday.

The food- i loved the food :) that was one good thing i must say.

If i were you i would go somewhere nicer then this resort.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Courtney G
Reviewed 28 February 2012

First off, I have to begin by saying I read all of the negative reviews before leaving for the Grand Oasis and I was EXTREMELY skeptical upon going as well. After spending a week there I can tell you the negative reviews have been written by people who like to pick out every bad thing and over exaggerate on them entirely.

I have stayed at five star resorts in the past and I still enjoyed myself completely. If you're going to this hotel to have fun, relax, meet new people, make new friends and soak in some sun; it's perfect!

For those who complain about drinks, they have 4 bars, all which serve alcohol. Daily and nightly entertainment is clearly outlined in the schedule they give you when you check in, though there isn't much nightly entertainment, they do have a nightclub and every other night while I was staying there, they had karaoke/a Mexican show.

There's a snack bar in the room in which you have water, pop, beer, chips and chocolate. The drinks are free but you have to pay for the snacks and I find it outrageous that people are complaining about this. You have about five all inclusive restaurants (three of them buffets) and you're going to complain about a snickers and box of pringles? If you want these so bad, bring them yourself.

Some reviews go on and on about how hard the beds are, that's a joke. If you were expecting a water bed or memory foam, maybe you should reconsider why you're in Mexico.

The beach isn't very big, but it shouldn't matter when you're soaking in the sand and the amazing view. There's seaweed in the water, but it won't kill you. The employees remove as much as they can in the mornings and the water is the most beautiful shade of blue!

Parasailing and jet skiiing may not be part of the all inclusive package, but it's more than worth it!

The food was good, nothing to die for, but it was good and there was a good selection. All the water at the resort was purified as well.

There were two sides to the resort, the calmer and quieter side and then the side where most of the party people hung out. This side was also where the entertainment took place and there was a swim up bar as well as two snack bars.

This resort is also very family friendly, with large kids club and a small buffet for the little ones.

Like every resort, if you lose a swimming towel, you have to pay for it, but unless you forget where you put it, no one takes your towel. The room is stocked with face and body towels but they recommend that you don't take them out of the room, I don't see why you would need to anyways.

The one thing that I was pretty annoyed about was check in but you have to understand that the atmosphere in Mexico is so much more relaxed and laid back, they don't take long on purpose, it's just a way of doing things there. That's one thing that I would change because it can cause discomfort.

As for the staff, they are genuinely friendly people who really love what they do. For people complaining about the cleanliness of the hotel, staff are cleaning and maintaining the hotel 24/7. Their hard work was amazing and I made sure to thank them as much as I could.

Anyways, sorry for the incredibly long review but I wanted to give skeptics a proper review from someone who thoroughly enjoyed their stay. I would recommend this resort to anyone and I now have the amazing memories of this wonderful oasis to get me through the rest of the winter.

Have fun! :)

Room Tip: If you're there for a good time I would suggest the Oasis Palm side, if you're there for a more relaxed environment, I would recommend the Grand Oasis side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
16  Thank Marissa H
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Housekeeping slow to bring us an iron then came in with 3 irons in a row
Safety box not included had to pay $4. per day to have one
Towels not always replaced by clean ones had to call to get some
Coffee machine not included in the room
No flat screen just a small tv that the volume did not go loud enough
Service a la carte really slow
Floors in the room as well as in the hallway not washed regularly
Beach had ciment and rocks in it
Wifi was supposed to be included, was for a few days then decided to charge $20 per hour
The bar was so cold, we could not stay there very long
No entertainment at night that was worth anything, the band was there a few nights and was really pityful
No shows at all, nothing to do at night for entertainment
A lot of noise in the hallways at night till early in the morning
No exchange of $ in US in the hotel
Lost gold earings taken in a drawer in the room
Got $40. stolen on the table in the room

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for beach view in advance also what kind of bed you want
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank celine d
Reviewed 26 February 2012

First off it is a poorly advertised hotel. They try to show off the main Oasis property which is miles away. But they will tell you that you can go to that hotel if you pay for bus service over there and come back by 6pm. We didn't particularly like that the All Inclusive we already payed for needed didn't have all the advertised activities on the property we were at.

That brings up activities, or lack there off. Part of the reason for such a harsh review is the comparison to other all inclusive resorts we've been to, including Cancun this resort was severely lacking. The staff is the root of the problem, they seem very uninterested in their work and do the bare minimum of their duties. Most likely pointing to Oasis giving them low pay. The daytime activities are barely made known so people won't show up. Even after they messed up our room arrangement the front desk staff literally said "no more." No sorry, and we had to return the next day to see if we could be moved to a room we reserved. Each visit to the front desk is at least a 15 min wait, just a heads up, get in relax mode and you'll be fine.

The food and amenities are passable but nothing to write home about.

The biggest plus is its hard to have a terrible time when you have great weather.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter where.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple