Stayed here for 3 nights in April 2012 as part of a conference, so I didn't have any choice in lodging. I am a Hilton Diamond level frequent traveler and have seen every kind of accommodation from very good to very not good. I would give the Great Parnassus a solid "B" which is better than what I expected. The lobby is open-air, huge, and impressive, and indeed all of the common areas are quite nice. I was upgraded to a suite on the "short" side of the hotel (the hotel is shaped a bit like a long rectangle) which was enormous and included a full-size, bay-view balcony with outdoor jacuzzi. Housekeeping was fine and the room was in good shape. The on-site restaurants were surprisingly good, although most are only open for dinner which is a negative. Alcoholic drinks are all-inclusive along with the food, but they don't have any top-quality spirits, even for purchase, so if you want a decent adult beverage in the evening you'll have to go off-site. I didn't have much of a chance to use the pool or other resort areas of the property but from a cursory look they appeared to be more than satisfactory. Despite being host of a conference, the hotel is not particularly business-friendly; there is no business center for instance nor any ability to print boarding passes and whatnot. But there is a good wireless internet signal in the rooms and (some of) the common areas. Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the Great Parnassus and would have no reservation about recommending it as a family or couples leisure destination for a long weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun