“alert alert DOnt go! Pelase Sony make the same mistake I did”

Great Parnassus Family Resort
Ranked #71 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 30 April 2012

4 elevators for all the guests takes eternity ti get downstairs
Terrible fud no ac in restaurants

Just arrived and They wanted yo riP me OFF with my credit card

Tried Cancún for the first time , dont go yo playa del Carmen Way much better!

Small pool !

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Sebrullveda
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Great Parnassus Family Resort

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was our first family vacation, the hotel for the most part we give excellent ratings. The variety of food was good. The elevators were horrible, they need to address the timings. Upper floors should have priority of 1st and 2nd floor guests. Bring larger drink containers with you, free drinks are given in small glasses. They offer larger containers for $20 but bring your own. When arriving at the airport avoid the blue shirts and go directly to your pick up, timeshare folks argh!
I would suggest Flavio tours for your excursions, you pay a little more but it is worth every buck.
Excellent trip! Would go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Rooms: could not fault them, rooms where awesome and cleaned daily.

Pool area: main pool area is filled with children, even in the pool bar there where children. Personally if it is a pool bar children should not be aloud!
There is an adult only pool area which is on the second floor which is ok.
Clean towels everyday which was great!

Food: food was lovely, could not fault it. Other reviews say about food poisoning but my partner and I eat everything and we did not seem to have a problem!! Staff where fantastic and happy to help (a bit slow with the drinks).

Entertainment: absolutely terrible, I would not waste your time!! I mean the hotel is children based so it was for children.
They have got a karaoke bar which played good music and you could make your own fun there.

Beach: beach is fab, and there is a bar on the beach which is a bonus!

Aqua world: there is an aqua world station in the hotel pool area selling water sports, please take my advise and DO NOT book anything. My partner and I booked many of different water sports and they sell them for a million of what they actually are. Waste of money and time!!!!

All in all our holiday was lovely. You make your own fun I suppose. I would my go back in the future but if we had children we defenatly would.
Please do not be put off by the bad reviews it is not as bad as people say!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Laurenrosser
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Depending on your expectations the Great Parnassus can be a wonderful inexpensive vacation. The staff is wonderful, attentive and very pleasant. The common areas are attractive but the food is mediocre and our room needed to be updated. We were hounded by guest service staff into taking a tour. We didn't, but found out it was about buying into a club membership. The place needs to put money into their rooms and improve the food. The buffet and French restaurant were fine but the Italian and Japanese restaurant need help. We would try a different place next time but we did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have views but our bathroom was in terrible shape. I am not sure if this is the norm.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank karaChicago
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just got back yesterday from Great Parnassus. stayed there from 4/21 -4/27. I must first say that the staff is AMAZING...they really do go above and beyond. Rooms were comfortable and the view was great. We were on the 7th floor on the even side - we did here the generator next door but it didn't bother me too much. The bartenders at the adult bar were wonderful but I could not understand why the adult bar closed at 6:00PM but Miquel that works for Aquaworld is there in the afternoon - He can give you the BEST price on any excursions. The breakfast was fine but the rest at the buffet could use some improvement.(food was luke warm and not very appetizing) We only ate at one restaurant - Portofino and it was good. All in all, we had a great time as this was our first time in Cancun. It seemed like a great place for kids with lots of activities. I also was NEVER bothered by a timeshare person. We (my husband and I) made several visits to the Golden Parnassus which was very nice and they had a great bar outside on the beach. I would stay there again, I would like to bring my kids there - I think they would love it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the odd side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marsha H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
10.6 km away
8.4 km away
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
#75 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Great Parnassus Family Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK