“Great Room - Terrible Beach” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Oasis Palm
Ranked #77 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Regina, Canada
“Great Room - Terrible Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I will begin with the positive. We stayed at this resort and on the advise of several other comments made here, requested a room in the Tower. We got a room on the Penthouse Floor, with spectular views, beautiful bathroom (with a tub), lounging chair and a glasstop table and chairs. The housekeeping was great - the room was great. This resort seems to be a family orientated resort, plus it was spring break..so lots of kids and teenagers. The food was alright, but the buffet is very limited.
The beach however is a heartbreaker. It is very dirty, full of weeds and you can never get in over your head. It is very shallow.
If you are a shopper, this is a great location, just jump on the bus for under a $1.00 and you are at the mall or downtown within minutes.
Service was very polite.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview room in the tower.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Abdul S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Repentigny, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

hi everyone we staid at oasis palm with sunwing from ottawa paid extra 50$ sunwing premium package for nothing but from toronto or montreal it`s a must .arrived the 15 march around 10 o clock night checked in saw the rooms thought a 4 stars in mexico had more luxur but no but they are fine always hade hot water room was made everyday toilette paper was replaced water in the room so service is fine only 2 a la carte restaurant on the site and both are fish the other 2 are buffets mexicain first day you adjust to what you like the rest of the week it`s fine the burgers are great but well cook only their hotdogs are turkey so different taste ice creme is a blast the bar for espresso or beers only opens at 10 in the morning so if your a morning drinker rent a fridge i suggest if you can book at the grand oasis palm cause the rooms are nicer and you get 3 other restaurant on the site and acces to a big pool with no body in everybody`s in the oasis palm beside on top of it with the grand you have acces to all the oasis in the hotel zone easy by bus 85pesos its a great place close to walmart and markrt 28 (5 min by bus) and close to coco bongo and great shopping center (5 min by bus) beaches are long for walks you could rent (2)sea doos for an hour for 120$ us always deal with us but use pesos for bus if you change your us in pesos go to the barcelo beside or when going to walmart alot of exchage if you have canadian change it here in americain first cause they give less for cad and here you get more for usd when stopping in bars always ask for happy hour (2/1) if he doesn`t want go to the next one they all do it (35pesos) for 2 beers if you take the ferry for the island keep your receipt cause you pay half price in the high tower with them while going to the island don`t rent the golf cart on the boat (45$ usd) when you arrive on the island go left playa north last street right 2 nd street charge you 33$ usd same kart(4 pass) they do have 6 pass didn`t ask the price (bring drivers lic or credit card) but rent one it`s to long to walk and go completly to the other end where they live not where you shop also if you plan on changing usd in banks (island) they want to see your passport biggest wal mart i saw very cheap appleton rhum (142.00 pesos) if you go at sams club bring drivers licence ask a day past
dalphine royal swin 139 usd at your hotel funtastic thats about 12 activities with dalphine plus boat ride food drinks incl beer taxi snorkling towels cabinets to store your things food drinks again from 9 am to 6.00 pm then you bungee it`s 45$ got it $40 then 85 pesos take back the bus easy easy easy place would go there trips for sure the only thing very very quiet a nite not alot to do people are gone at the clubs in town but the good thing is that they wake up late so at 8 am always chaires and palapa perfect suites muchas people
paid $877.00 from ottawa 8 days

patrick tetreault 40 years old
repentigny quebec
wife 38 and 2 daughters 18 -14
if you need more info tetreaultpatrick@yahoo.com

hopes it helps people

Room Tip: take the grand oasis palm better acces to every oasis sites that means you go at the grand oasis c...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lebanon, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I will start by saying Cancun is beautiful & am looking forward to going back sometime. However...I would NEVER again stay at the Oasis Palm, nor would the 6 other individuals I was with.
Service and ability to communicate w/ staff was such a disappointment. From the moment of check in, until our departure day, it was one bad experience after another. I'll quickly try to hit some of the bigger points:
The Room: no clock, no working remote, 2 towels daily even though my particular room had 3 of us in it. No iron, no mini fridge as advertised; on those humid days, the warm water that I had in my room was no relief but I guess that's better than the other 2 rooms our group had which had no water at all.
The lobby area is very pretty, however, completely unsafe! Whether wet feet or not, extremely slippery.
On our first morning, my 71 year old mother fell after tripping outside on more of the unsafe structure! This was beyond scary for my mom & myself. As she lay on the cement, bleeding from her face, NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE OASIS STAFF WALKED AROUND MY MOM ON THE GROUND & PAID NO ATTENTION TO THE GUEST IMMOBILE ON THE WALKWAY!!!!! (Thank you to the nice man who helped me get her up and back to the room!) Now I have an injured mother in need of some medical attention. When we requested ice from the front desk (for the elderly woman who had just fallen,) we were told to go to one of the bars and get it!!
Talk about false advertisement: At the Oasis Palm, there are 2 restaurants you can choose from (we didn't have access to those directly attached at the Grand Oasis.) 2 choices: 1 sushi & one seafood and steak restaurant. Perfect as my cousin who was along, doesn't eat seafood of any kind. Even the name of our pick for the last night's dinner was Cocoa seafood & steak; guess what....not a single beef/pork/poultry option on the menu...ALL fish!
Recreation staff & bar staff were nice enough; every individual within management/front desk were incredibly rude & had minimal ability to speak the English language.
OVERALL...WE WERE SCREWED AT THE OASIS PALM AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!! I highly recommend to NOT have your stay here! I know times are tough for a lot of us; that's why we booked based on somewhat of a budget. But...if you really want the best experiecne while in Mexico...spend a little extra $$ and go somewhere you'll enjoy!

Room Tip: don't stay here!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I love that hotel it was beautiful service was great thankful to all that people that work there I'll be happy to go back :)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank princesangie
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We just returned from a fantastic vacation at the Oasis Palm. This was our second time there with our kids and we all loved every minute of it! The service was excellent, upon check in our room was upgraded to one of the newer ones, with a gorgeous poolside view. The food was, once again, fresh, healthy and delicious. Great selection and attentive friendly waitstaff always at the ready with a bottle of very good Spanish wine.
The bar staff were friendly, though very busy, but still we never had to wait long for a drink. Also, once we got to know them and tipped every couple rounds, they broke out the good rum.
Kids Club was awesome!! The girls are great with the kids, it's clean, the pool is beautiful, in the eve they have a buffett dinner then disco or karaoke until 10. The kids loved it and it allowed my husband and I to have a couple kid free, quiet dinners.
The resort itself is very clean, with lush grounds, gorgeous trees and flowers, lovely artwork and lots of friendly helpful staff.
The spa was like paradise. Well worth the price!!
We tipped a lot, for each meal, for maid service, spa and bartenders, the staff were always very gracious and the maid service ladies took special care in lining up our kids toys, books and crafts, it was so nice.
We rented a room safe and had no issues. We left bags on deck chairs, and had no issue with that either.
All in all it was a perfect, relaxing and fun vacation, we were sad to leave but will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed March 2012