Stayed here couple of years ago for a week in November. The hotel was absolutely horrible. This was my first ever stay in Cancun. I usually travel to Riviera Maya/Puerto Vallarta areas every year for winter getaway and this was the most disappointing way to spend my hard earned money. This hotel was booked by a friend of mine who was on a tighter budget than me and now I regret for not taking the time and researching this place.
Horrible!!! They smelled, just like they do in any other hotel in Mexico and after years of traveling to this country I learned to live with the smell, but the worst part was that the windows were closed shut and you could not open them to air the room out. In addition to the smell, people apparently smoked in those rooms and due to lack of ventilation you could literally suffocate inside, and just to prove I am not exaggerating I am a smoker and there was no way I could’ve possible stay in that room for more than 5 min, that’s how bad the smell of smoke was. I ended up paying more to stay in the room with a balcony, that new room was better, still smelled, but at least I could keep the balcony door opened.
It was OK, small, nothing special.
What beach? There is NO beach! A small strip of sand covered in sea weed. Water (or shall I call it a swamp) - shallow, I’d say about 3 feet deep, if you like to swim (like I do) good luck with that, you can probably crawl in the water scratching the rocky bottom with your stomach. The water was dirty from all the boats passing by and parking in the Marina. And as I just mentioned, very rocky bottom.
Non existing, karaoke almost every night
Regular all inclusive, all though the sushi bar on the beach was absolutely amazing, probably the only good thing about this hotel.
Yeah…right! There is nothing all inclusive about it. You pay $4/day to use the safe in the room, $5 for each bottle of water you use in your room, we ended up walking to the nearest gas station and stocking up on bottled water, it was a whole a lot cheaper that way. No soda or alcohol in the room either.
This was certainly a big disappointment comparing to what I am used to when traveling to Mexico. I love this country and the people but this hotel is a rip off, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Everything you want in a family vacation for less: that's me! Let me play with the little ones in my Kids Club while you take a break in my Kin Ha Spa - I've got lots of ways for grown-ups to relax while the kids have fun and games.They say I look a lot like my sister resort, Grand Oasis Palm, but my price tag is smaller, and who doesn't love that! Get together as a family and share my Mexican heritage, culture and cuisine; build sand castles on my sandy shore and splash and paddle in my spectacular freeform swimming pool". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Oasis Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort Cancun
- Calinda Beach Cancun