“This is my new favorite place to be”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville, Kentucky
“This is my new favorite place to be”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Ok Before i picked Live Aqua for my vacation I spent a lot of time on this site reading all the glowing reviews. So I went there with very high expectations. Well, Live aqua did not disappoint. From the moment you hit the door you are totally immersed in a calm, tranquil, peaceful environment that hit all five of your senses.This place is like walking it to the worlds biggest spa.

The pools. Wow the pools. they were perfect. the temperatures were different in each so your will find one you love. It is at the pools where you realize you are at an adults only resort. The drinks are flowing (tho a little weak, just order 2 at a time) and there are no kids running around screaming.

The restaurants were also great. This is no cheap Vegas buffet. These are really nice cloth napkin (i never saw a paper towel in the entire place, even the restrooms, ALL cloth). The sea bass in Azur and the seared tuna at MB were just awesome. I recommend the restaurants over room service.

The spa was outstanding. I received the best massage ever. They tell you to get there an hour early to do this hydro therapy thing. By the time you are finished with the sauna, steam room and alliterating cool and warm water soaks you are ready for your massage and it is awesome.

There is a button on the phone that says "Your wish, My Wish". Want potato chips in the middle of the night, Just push that button and before long your chips will be there.

I do have 3 minor criticisms. First the internet access was kinda spotty and slow. Darn I couldn't check my e-mail. That just left a lot more time at the pool.

My final criticisms would not happen at any other hotel. Live Aqua goes way out of its way to create this calm peaceful environment so anything that takes you out of this peaceful mindset really stands out. First, the towels in the room were not the softest. That is not to say they were bad. If you had these large thick towels at any other hotel you would be happy but because you have grown to expect perfection at Live Aqua, the less than baby butt soft towels really stand out.
My final criticism is the doorbell, Yes the rooms have doorbells and for some reason the doorbell sounds like a a dryer alarm. Again this would not matter at any other hotel but because Live Aqua so successfully creates this incredible environment, anything that distracts you form this peaceful mindset really stands out.

Here is a bit of really good advise I picked up from this site. Bring plenty of ones for tipping. This will probably be all the cash you need. Don't worry about exchanging your dollars into pesos, Dollars are accepted everywhere

I cannot recommend this place and higher. If you seek a vacation where you can just relax and recharge those batteries, Live Aqua is the place for you. If you are looking for a party hotel or a hotel to hang out with your kids, move on.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms had balconies. the rooms on the end had really nice private terraces.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Chris B
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I ahve been traveling to the Cancun area for years. We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts but I have never felt the need to review any of them. We have had many great vacations in Cancun , which is why we return every year. Live Aqua is defunately one of the best experiences we have had so far.
Check-in was a breeze and we felt special from the moment we arrived. We upgraded to the Tierra Suite and we were glad we did. The view was absolutely breathtaking. The room was stocked with the usual sodas, beer and juices but also had snacks that were all included. When you get a suite you are given access to the 5th Floor Lounge which is stocked with a little higher end liquor. My husband and I enjoyed a Chivas Regal and water one night while we watched the sunset from the patio before dinner. The suite also includes a cabanna and foot massage which you reserve daily at the towel hut.
The food at all of the restaurants was good. I must be honest and tell you the variety at the Siete Buffet for dinner as well as Breakfast did not have the variety that we have had at other all-inclusives, but the food was fresh and delicious. A tip: If you want bacon you ask the omelet maker and he will give it to you, for some reason it is not on the buffet. We had room service one night and had the Filet and Creme Brulee. Not only was the food done to perfection but the presentation was exquisite as well. It is the details that sets this resort apart from the rest.
The staff was absolutely amazing. If you want it just say the word and they will do your best to accommodate you. Jesus, Victor, Gerardo, Josimar and Hayden were at your service at the pol bar and Egos. You must ask Victor to make AWESOME!
My best part of the day was visiting Marco at the Sushi Corner. I think I had sushi for my appetizer everynight before dinner. I just could not get enough of it!
Another tip: Don't get dessert at dinner. Instead walk over to the coffee bar and choose something there. My husband and I found this out the last night we were there. The desserts there are absolutley to DIE for. The quality is so much better then anything offered at the buffet or the ala carte restaurants.
Top shelf liquor is offered at the swim up bar and the other bars. Absolute, Malibu, Tanqueray, Johnny Walker Red and Black.Dos Equis is offered on tap. They also use hard plastic serving glasses down at the pool not the flimsy plastic cups you see at most all-inclusives. They have big mugs for beer also which I thought was a nice touch.
Paella and Sangria is offered down by the pool everyday at 1:00 and they offer hot dogs and hamburgers over by the Azur Bar by the pool. The shrimp cerviche is amazing down by the pool as well.
Finally , while we were ther the resort recieved an award from Travel and Leisure Magazine. The resort through a big celebration party for the satff and gave them all polos to celebrate! They were so proud of their accomplishment and it is well-deserved!
I can go on and on about this resort. WE will definately be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Mary R
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Live Aqua Cancun staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Warmest regards,
New York, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I was just there last weekend with a best girl friend and had a nice time. I don't want to pretend and say we weren't totally satisfied with a few things; lack of detail on website (travel and leisure raved about it in their current issue actually made us decide over the two others we had in mind), email communication, discrepancy on booking, transp pick up, wifi and one night of room service.

These issues were brought up and quickly fixed by both upper management and the staff there to ensure the rest of our experience was superb. Even without my issues above the property, customer service is definitely what stood out even prior to complaining.

The pools are great, drinks, food was great for an all inclusive and concierge was fantastic - a few people that really stood out during our stay; Edgar (concierge), Julio, Arturo and Dania from the pool and pool bar/cafe. Seriously, ask for them next time.

I didn't get a chance to participate in the spa but would definitely go back and try it then. The fitness center is beautiful. Most of the people also visiting were pretty pleasant and normal (sorry if that offends anyone but I live in a metropolis, work in a creative office setting and I'm not interested in hanging with lots of tacky people) with the exception of a few you can't avoid in most travel destinations.

Room Tip: Splurge and book a suite! We didn't but they looked amazing.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShaunLee
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I were needing a long overdue vacation without the kids. Friends of ours said we were going with them to Cancun and that we had no choice. Are we glad we listened to them. We stayed on the Aqua Club level which has all ocean view rooms and a lounge/bar/food area for guests staying on that level only. But you don't need to stay on that level, even though it was very nice, to enjoy the amazing service this resort has to offer. The entire staff from top to bottom is very professional and if you as for anything, it's done instantly. Call to have your mini-bar restocked and someone is at your room in a matter of minutes. We both took advantage of the spa services which were great. Although my wife isn't an animal fan, we were able to help release baby turtles back to the ocean as well. If you are looking for a nice relaxing getaway, look no further. Thank you Live Aqua, we will be back someday!

Room Tip: 5th floor, Aqua Club, room 5005(one of two corner rooms with a bigger balcony)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Matt K
Thank you very much for sharing with us this review of your vacations at Live Aqua Cancun. It is such a pleasure to know that your expectations were exceeded and you found the service provided by each person working here exceptional.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again.

Warmest regards.
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Live Aqua Resort and Spa All Inclusive. A unique experience, where one can truly have, a Perfect Vacation. Months prior to our arrival at Live Aqua, we were perusing the internet one website after another, looking for that perfect resort in Cancun Mexico. Time frame, June 11, 2012 until June 15, 2012.
At long last we discovered www.tripadvisor.com, and its many appealing reviews. What we were looking for was an all inclusive resort, adults only, an infinity pool, and pure relaxation. Once we began reading the reviews for Live Aqua, we knew we found the one.
For the weeks leading up to our departure date, the anticipation became so great that we found ourselves checking the tripadvisor reviews on a daily basis, as one might do with Facebook, or email. The extremely rare negative review would always cause me to raise an eyebrow with concern, and yes friends, there was concern.
Would we get there to find out its overbooked or our room was not as expected? Would we get food poisoning? Would our trip be safe? Would the resort be how we pictured it? Would it be worth the money spent? Would our expectations be met? Would we be valued as customers?
One word folks, PERFECT! In every way. No matter how hard we tried to imagine what our experience would be like, no matter how many reviews we read, pictures or youtube videos we looked at before our departure date, nothing could prepare us for what we encountered. It was not what we expected, however, wait for it, it was by far, better then we expected! Hands down the best vacation we have ever taken.
The moment we arrived, we were acknowledged as customers. We were greeted with warm welcomes and smiles. One treat we loved was the pleasant smell of the aroma therapy, which I must say, was so calming. The scent of eucalyptus oil filled the air. Not sure why people complain about this.
Check in was a breeze! Even before I gave our info to the person working the front desk we were offered some refreshing iced tea. Check in took maybe five minutes, tops. We had originally booked a Garden View Room, and I simply asked if we would be on a higher floor. To which he replied, no, our room was on a lower floor, but, offered us a higher room with an ocean view for just a little more than we paid. So with the swipe of our Visa, the upgrade was complete, and we were then seated a few feet away from check in where we were treated to hand massages! Then someone came to escort us to our rooms.
We arrived at room 8010 and were speechless. It was gorgeous! It was so worth the upgrade! The view was priceless, the room was amazing, and the aroma was breath taking. A few minutes after arriving at our room, our bags showed up. We unpacked, then headed to Siete for dinner.
Dinner, wait, did somebody say cuisine? The food was amazing! Gourmet dining at its best! Every dish we ordered was so good. You could taste the freshness and feel the passion put into every dish. Though some portions may be small, it did not matter to us, we loved everything! Im not sure what my girl had but I had the beef medallions over potatoes, and, they were so delicious! For desert, we had the Mayan Coffee, and tres leches cake, so yummy!
The following day, we hit the pool. As many have stated, the towel game was in effect. Difference was, we did not wake at 6am, save our spot, then go back to sleep. I observed many people pulling that stunt, to never show up to utilize the spot they saved, which IMHO is kind of unfair to people actually at the pool. We got to the pool around 9am after breakfast, found a good spot, marked it with towels, and got in the pool. The temperature was so hot, it was not to early for a swim.
Service at the pool was great! I personally would just get outta the water and walk a short distance to the bar next to Azur, to ensure I got what I asked for. All was perfect in the alcohol department. While lounging at our chairs, the service was perfect. Sometimes, they would just bring water and say "Would you like some water?" Perfect, we never had to wait for a server. We felt so special, or, like Vladimir Stubnitzky from the movie 21. And, be prepared to tip.
We followed the advice of many here on tripadvisor and brought many $1s and $5s for tipping. Don't be cheap, tip the staff here, especially at the pool. They work so hard to ensure your vacation is perfect, especially in the extreme humid heat. We not only tipped staff working the pool, but we tipped everyone, from the front desk at check in, the housekeepers, bartenders, waiters, servers, you name it! So worth it!

As far as activities are concerned, there is so much to do in Cancun! We heard from a friend about Xel Ha, so that was on our list of stuff to do! It is about a 2 hour bus ride south of the resort, but, with amazing snorkeling, wildlife, swimming, tubing, zip lining, and the overall setting, it was well worth what we paid. Advice, put on plenty of sun block! Also, if you do chose to visit Xel Ha, or any activity like it, plan to be out the entire day.

No matter what you do, or how you spend your vacation at Live Aqua, for the most part, plan to have a truly memorable trip. A trip of a lifetime. Your vacation is what you make of it, and we absolutely loved it! Period. However, our vacation would not have been what it was without the staff of Live Aqua. Everyone who works there deserves praise for the outstanding job they do and for going out of your way to ensure your trip is perfect. Thank you Maru ( I hope I spelled that correctly) from Siete for making my Birthday so special. Also, thank you Elvis from Siete for the same! There are so many other people who deserve recognition for their efforts, so thanks to all the staff of Live Aqua for making our vacation as memorable as it was. We are already planning another trip next summer. I hope this review helps you tripadvisor readers in selecting the perfect resort for your vacation, thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. The view is so romantic and breathtaking.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple