• Location - the most beautiful beach, view from the infinity pool and close to all nightlife
• Staff – our room view wasn’t great and reception was really helpful and moved us as soon as they could. The service staff and the bar staff all worked tirelessly to look after everyone!
• Whirl pool on the solarium balcony has amazing views and is really quiet.
• Two pool options – a lively one with daily activities and the option to go to the quiet one if it gets too much.
• Food – from the main buffet to the restaurants, the food was very good throughout.
• Cleanliness – the hotel was very clean throughout.
• Entertainment - day and night - don't expect too much but the team work hard and always have something going on if you are interested. The hotel goes to sleep at midnight though!
• Restaurant ambience – we felt that by claiming to have five a la carte restaurants was a little bit cheeky as the steak and Mexican and buffet were all in the same restaurant and didn’t really give us a feel of being somewhere different. This may have been temporary though as I think work was being done in the French restaurant. But even the Japanese and the Brazilian didn’t have much atmosphere we didn’t feel compared to previous resorts.
Points to note:
• Coco Bongo’s –show and atmosphere was pretty great – however it’s so busy you can’t stand without someone banging into to you and it’s very difficult to get to the free bar!! I’d recommend paying more for your own area with barman.
• Hard Rock Café – worth a visit – good band – tasty food but staff are a bit assumptive with regards to the tipping as they didn’t bring us change (and took a 34% tip!)
• Roots Jazz Bar – in old Cancun worth a visit but maybe best on a Fri or Sat.
• Tipping is expected even though it’s an AI resort, although if you don’t the service doesn’t go down much, they just really appreciate it when you do (even the jet ski staff!!)
• Be careful if you book with Thomson, we have flown on two long haul flights with them now and both times our entertainment wasn’t working – it was a very long journey!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotels private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun