10,930 results
All reviews annex building sports bar coco bongo quiet pool japanese restaurant every other day bar crawl steak entertainment staff amazing holiday activity pool jungle tour captain hook main buffet a la carte restaurants make reservations senor frogs
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My fifth attempt to get assistance for dining for my group was on October 10, 2017. It stated someone would get back with me within 24 hours but it is now the 14th of the month and no one has contacted me. I was told I need to contact reception.cancun to set up my groups dining. I reached out four times with 6 weeks with no response. I don't understand why no one is responding. My group arrives on Tuesday the 17th and they have no clue if they will be able to have dinner together during the time they are here. I am very displeased with the customer service I have received by the RIU.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank ETXTravel
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are disappointed to hear that our customer service failed to live up to your expectations and that you have rated us with the lowest rating even before being our guest. The ethos of our staff training requires a helpful, friendly and very obliging service at any time. We will send your comments to management in case these standards have not been appropriately fulfilled at some point.

We sincerely hope that during the rest of your vacation we can be able to change your perspective about our services, please do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations staff for anything you may need.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Cancun
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My best friend and I went to Riu Cancun for 4 days. was the absolute best time ever. From check in to check out, I have not one complaint. food was amazing. room was very clean and had the most beautiful view ever. Every night there was a group outing, they made sure we were all taken care of and left no one out. There's so much great things to say about this place I can't put it all in writing. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank MandyN468
Reviewed 13 October 2017

First time going all inclusive and it won't be the last . Booked through Thomson , stayed for a week beginning of October , and I have to say there's nothing negative I could write regarding the whole experience .
The hotel is one of the best I have stayed in , the room is modern , spacious , and the views are breathtaking . Good variety of food , fresh and well cooked . Drinks as well.
The staff are so helpful and hard working , nothing is too much .
Went with 2 of my friends ,all of us aged 25- 30 .
The pool and beach area are amazing , lots of things to do , perfect location .

Never wrote a review before but this one sure deserves it !

Don't think twice , book it .

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Pa U
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I don't usually write reviews but as I had such an amazing holiday I thought I would. Me and my boyfriend visited cancun in th 11th September for 2 weeks. We were abit apprehensive about the weather before hand however we had 2 full weeks of sunshine and 30 degree heat. Cancun is one of the most beautiful places I have been, it has white sand beaches aswell as a crazy night life. We went on 2 excursions, both I would highly recommend- Dolphin discovery and X-plor, both have amazing views and lots of fun.

Riu Cancun is definately the best hotel I have stayed in. The cleanliness of all areas was really good. Our room was spacious and had everything you need including a mini bar with alcohol and soft drinks. We didn't have a great view however we didn't specify when we booked so wasn't too dissapointed. The food is great, lots of variety and they try to cater to everyone. Theres a main buffet restaurant and 3 others - steakhouse, italian and Japanese. All of them are well worth going to. The entertainment in the day was great. The riu team were so fun. They offer lots of games and activities like volleyball on the beach abd pool. The entertainment in the evening could have been better as they bring other people in to do it. One night the riu team done it and was so much better. The bar/restaurant staff are lovely, if you tip them, they're extra nice. The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance from the strip and flea market, restaurants and only a 10 min bus from the shopping centres.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Riu Cancun and will be revisiting. We had such a great time and they offer so much to do which is why we will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lily S
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

What an amazing hotel with such amazing staff!! ALL staff should be commended for all their hardworking, politeness, happy attitude to all guests...all staff a credit to management and should be rewarded for all their efforts 24/7. We are here on our last night and don't want to leave. The standard of service, cleanliness, facilities, food, drink, views and staff were all 100% and without a doubt would recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately you do get those people who do take advantage of the 'all inclusive' drinking and become loud but this is noway any fault of the hotel or it's staff...

From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel we were overwhelmed by the staff and it continued to get better & better each day. Amazement that the cleaning staff never stopped cleaning and all staff always happy & smiling and always without fail a 'ola'...

Our room on 4th floor had great views. Room was spotless everyday without fail and shower was lovely, very hot with lots of pressure.

Restaurant 'buffet' was wonderful!! We couldn't believe all the choices of foods. We have never been to a hotel with such a huge selection of very fresh, well presented and delicious food. Although all the waiters/waitresses were absolutely amazing, Jonus was so welcoming and fantastic at his job - a credit to the hotel and himself.

Swimming pools and sunbed area always immaculate and very kind waiters bringing round drinks to your beds on a regular basis. This we greatly appreciated.

The entertainment team are excellent at what they do. They are all very talented with so much energy. Day time activities are available but we watched rather than get involved but even so, a pleasure and enjoyable to watch...

I had two massages with again was heaven and highly recommend!

Overall our dream holiday was amazing! We would like to thank ALL the staff from those on the frontline to those in the background. To Riu Cancun Management....all your staff are all first class people and only hope they are all commended for all their hardworking.

Thank you to Riu Cancun - truely amazing ;-)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple