“GREAT BUT did not reimbursed my money...CHARGED ME TWICE.”
Review of Paradisus Cancun

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The hotel is great, breath taking. The services is excellent. The food, OMG, the food.

However, THEY CHARGED MY RESERVATION TWICE. I forgot to bring the credit card with which I paid (booked online) and they didn't honored it even when the reservation was already charged and money was withdrawn from the credit card. Because I didn't show the plastic credit card at check in, they asked for another payment method promising they would reimburse the money from the original credit card. It's been almost two weeks since then and I am still waiting for the reimbursement. I even had to request a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

6  Thank Flor Dalisa Q
Santiago R, Director General at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Miss Flor F

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed the great facilities that our resort has to offer. And I would like to take this chance to thank you for sharing with us these lasts experiences at Paradisus Cancún.
Believe me your feedback helps us to be better every day, all comments are sent to those responsible for proper monitoring and to have effective solutions.
We hope that in the future you can give us the opportunity to prove that all the improvements are effective
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information in your next trip to Cancun.

Kindest regards
Managing Director

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband had a wonderful visit and appreciated the attentiveness of staff. They were so kind, hard working and efficient. The best service we have ever experienced. Staff felt like family by the time we were leaving....

Room Tip: had water in the floor from storms with glass door securely closed.
1  Thank Judy M

Appreciable Miss Judy M

We are more than proud to have met your expectations. For us there is no greater reward than that of our good work.
I want to thank you on behalf of all who work here, for taking the time to share this grateful experience.
We hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to stay again so that you can enjoy the great wonders we have for you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My fiancee and I stayed in a Lagoon front room for 4 nigths and our only regret was we didn’t stay longer. Clean, beautiful & spacious room. Lots of choice restaurants in the all-inclusive package which i’ll recommend. We had an amazing experience and will definitely go back again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arewa O
Ricardo R, Director General at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Arewa O

It is for us a pleasure to know that the time you spent in our resort our team could make you feel at home.
All the Paradisus team has a strong commitment with our customers, for us there is nothing more important than satisfy our guests' expectations 100%.
Thank you for sharing these good experiences with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again here.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We just got back from cancun and stayed 3 nights at paradisus cancun. I do not understand why they get good reviews from others, but my experience was horrible. Do not go there unless you want to ruin your vacation.

1. service
Person who checked us in was rude with rigid face, did not have any intention to help. She lied us they are out of bracelet pass(they give you a bracelet that can be used as pass to all the restaurant) when we asked to change it because there were ruff spot on metal part. She had bunch of bracelet right next to her.
After 30 min check in, a lady held us for another 30 min for timeshare presentation. We paid full price to book this resort. I did not expect that coming. After we said multiple times "no" she let us go, next morning she ignores me multiple times when we met in the lobby.
Asked for house keeping in the morning, they came 8pm after we called 3 more times.
They do not know what restaurant is open/close because it changes so much.
Kids club was good except they need to change their floor. My feet turned black after staying couple hours there.
So, we had so much issues, I decide to address this, all they did was saying "I am sorry" without eye contact.

2. property
No air-conditioning except rooms. Its true I felt like I am in sauna every night at restaurants. very limited restaurant. They rotate restaurants to close diff days, so we ended up eating lunch at the same place for 3 days. Servers they do not know about Menu so you need to keep track what is coming or not. Portion was very small but often times they eliminate couple orders themselves and then say "it was not in order." last night we stayed, I figured I should wrote down my own order and kept track if everything is there. Sure enough, they missed couple dishes, I showed my writing, only thing they do is "sorry" and move on.
Pool area was under construction.(Close to kids swimming pool). They sprayed paint around the pool while people are swimming right next to.

3. management
Best part was I felt like no one was listening. I addressed issues, but all they could do was saying " I am very sorry." It was less than two star hotel service.

I really hoping someone see this type of review serious and apply on their upcoming trip because they are overrated for sure as of now.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank minjung16
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear user minjung16

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your recent accommodation with us. I can assure you that these comments will be shared with the managers of the different departments in order to implement improvements in all our services.
As you mentioned, our hotel has a lot of very positive comments and that is why we will put special attention in your comments, because for us the most important task will always be to offer quality in everything we do.
I invite you to follow closely all the improvements that our hotel is having and you can come back to enjoy the great wonders only the Mexican Caribbean can offer.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I had a great week here. The food was good, the hotel was beautiful, just a little warm in the hotel. I don't think there was AC inside the building, except in our room. Overall, a beautiful paradise!

Dear user jamesfE4253ZI

We thank you for sharing your last experience with us. We are sure that this will not be the only time we see ourselves in this wonderful place.
Please allow us to pamper you with the great wonders that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer you.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information on your next trip to Cancun.