Spent 4 days at Royal Sunset April 4-8, 2012. The place is really small and there's nothing to do during the day except a small pool. The floor in our room was rather dirty and full of sand. The buffets are very small and primitive. Restaurant food was OK but not great.
Evening shows were good, but not spectacular, and only on weekdays. There was no kid's club, even though it's advertised. I saw in some review that there's one massage included in the package, but they only offered a $30 credit towards the spa use, and cheapest service at the spa was $55. We also wanted to try kayak rental, supposedly included in the package. Turned out it's only available at the sister resort (Sunset Lagoon), but was closed anyway because of rough water conditions.
On the second day my daughter got food poisoning, not clear from what source, but she did not consume anything other than resort's restaurant food and bottled water. She vomited all night, and we had to take a taxi to a local pharmacy just one block away, where there was a free doctor available for consultation.
The high point of our stay was taking a ferry to Isla Mujeres - the sister resort, Sunset Lagoon, is less than 10 minutes walk from Playa Tortugas, where the ferries leave. Unfortunately both the ferries, and the shuttles between Royal and Lagoon each only go once an hour, so this trip involved a lot of waiting. Besides, there is essentially no food available at the resorts between 4, when lunch ends, and 6, when dinner starts.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Sunset Royal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Cancun Hotel
- Sunset Royal Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sunset Resort Cancun
- Sunset Royal Resort Cancun
- Royal Sunset Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sunset Cancun Mexico
- Sunset Royal Cancun Hotel