“Great View, Great Swim, Great Seafood”
other travellers have booked this property
On the tranquil and private beach Villa Hopelchen-gated complex
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Photo taken at the complex from the first floor.
On the tranquil and private beach
Villa Hopelchen-gated complex
Living/dining/kitchen area.
Living/dining area with satellite tv.
Stools and bar area for extra seating.
Photo taken from large sliding window in the condo.
Bedroom with two full beds
Closet and dresser/mirror
Private Bathroom in each bedroom
Beach side bedroom
A single and a double bed.
View of Isla Mujeres from our beach
View of the Hotel Zone from our beach
Mayan ruins El Meco five minutes north from the condo.
Caption Hook Steak and Lobster dinnere cruise
Another sunrise from our condo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
dwseal
Syracuse, New York
“Great View, Great Swim, Great Seafood”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Five week stay. Access to minivans & taxis 5 minutes from across the street. Great seafood restaurants Kulakan 5 minute walk past All Ritmo and Mar-Bella 10 minute walk toward town at end of public beach second floor above store. Loved the privacy of our beach just out the back door and the little shower/rinse station to clean off the sand. Didn't use the resort access, complements of Frankie the owners agent, but is certainly there with its additional perks. Nice buffet breakfast @ $7.50. Frankie was responsive to requests as well as advice. Beds were somewhat spongy and I would have brought corner straps to hold sheets down as mattress was to thick for fitted sheet as I am somewhat restless. Left a clothes iron and took our vegtable peeler back with us. Great Dentist, Dr Oscar Alcaraz, Clear Dental, 008 American Medical Hospital, next to Plaza Americas. I had a crown put in and my wife had a three tooth bridge. Dr. speaks english well, gets partial payments and takes an additional visit vs American dentists but his prices are better than those quoted on the internet. Internet access within the apartment is not good. Plenty of hot water although it takes a little bit to run through the pipes. They didn't do much about the sea grass build up on the beach although I emailed the owners who responded they would speak to the maintenance crew, manyana, oh well you can walk around it and there is that nice rinse station. Air conditioning is not able to be adjusted per room they all have ceiling fans. Good stay, considering doing it again. Shuttle from airport took taxi back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Apr 2016
Thank you for your nice review.
Hrdancer1
“Great place right on the beach”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I loved this place. It was quiet--away from town and the hotel zone. The beach was lovely. All Ritmo, a resort was nearby and we ate many buffet style meals there. It was close to the ferry to Isla Mujeres. Just up the road there is a small Mayan Ruins, El Meco, that was fun to visit. There were only two other people there when we visited. This is a very laid back area which was just what I was looking for.

Travelling group: Friends
Malcolm H
“Nice location for those looking for a convenient location away from the crowds”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We were looking for a place that was away from the tourist crowd (i.e., hotel zone) and would allow us to get more of a local experience. This was a good choice for us. The condo is nice and was a good size for just the two of us. Just minor complaints about the condo itself--WIFI was spotty (you can walk to the Al Ritmo resort next door and get good reception), and the housekeeper missed a fair amount of sand on the floor (of course you'll add more). We enjoyed being on the beach. There's convenient and inexpensive bus(really van) transportation (the Servicio Collectivo), as well as nearby ferries to Isla Mujeres (an inexpensive 20-minute trip). There are also a few good restaurants within easy walking distance (or a very short bus ride). This may not, however, be the best choice for the novice or timid traveler to Mexico. For example, to make the most of things it helps to have some conversational facility in Spanish, as many locals in the area have limited English ability. But it's what we were looking for, and we enjoyed our vacation.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
BG F
San Bernardino, California
“BG F”
Reviewed 18 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I decided to rent a Condo instead of a hotel for my family and I and we are very pleased with the outcome. This condo is so nice and comfortable, makes you feel as at home. My kids loved the window view to the beach as they did their homework :) and I really enjoyed being able to just go downstairs barefoot and walk on the Sandy beach. I rented a Van, and I loved the fact that I didn't ha e to worry about anything happening to it since there is a gate at the entrance and also a watchman that overseas the whole complex through the night. This gentleman is of such great help when you need any local stores or directions. Mr. Frankie which is the manager is so nice and helpful as well, he takes the time to greet you and offer his help if you need him at any time. I must also add that I loved the fact that when ever I would email with any questions, I would get a promped response. I will definitely book my next Cancun trip at this condo, I'm the type that once I get great service I don't need to look elsewhere. :)

doctorski...
Belize
“Very comfortable vacation rental, quiet environment”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The Hopelchen vacaction rental is located in Puerto Juarez, pretty far from Zona Hotelera and from most of the tourist attractions which translates into quiet and peaceful environment. I drove to Cancun so it was a plus to have a roofed parking spot. The 2 bedrooms were comfy, the kitchen was big enough, with all the basics to cook. The beach is clean, with white sand, the water is not turquoise blue as by Zona Hotelera but it was nice.
There is a pool which is kept very neat and has a nice size.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing