“Nice location for those looking for a convenient...”
other travellers have booked this property
On the tranquil and private beach Villa Hopelchen-gated complex
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Photo taken at the complex from the first floor.
On the tranquil and private beach
Villa Hopelchen-gated complex
Living/dining/kitchen area.
Living/dining area with satellite tv.
Stools and bar area for extra seating.
Photo taken from large sliding window in the condo.
Bedroom with two full beds
Closet and dresser/mirror
Private Bathroom in each bedroom
Beach side bedroom
A single and a double bed.
View of Isla Mujeres from our beach
View of the Hotel Zone from our beach
Mayan ruins El Meco five minutes north from the condo.
Caption Hook Steak and Lobster dinnere cruise
Another sunrise from our condo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
Malcolm H
“Nice location for those looking for a convenient location away from the crowds”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We were looking for a place that was away from the tourist crowd (i.e., hotel zone) and would allow us to get more of a local experience. This was a good choice for us. The condo is nice and was a good size for just the two of us. Just minor complaints about the condo itself--WIFI was spotty (you can walk to the Al Ritmo resort next door and get good reception), and the housekeeper missed a fair amount of sand on the floor (of course you'll add more). We enjoyed being on the beach. There's convenient and inexpensive bus(really van) transportation (the Servicio Collectivo), as well as nearby ferries to Isla Mujeres (an inexpensive 20-minute trip). There are also a few good restaurants within easy walking distance (or a very short bus ride). This may not, however, be the best choice for the novice or timid traveler to Mexico. For example, to make the most of things it helps to have some conversational facility in Spanish, as many locals in the area have limited English ability. But it's what we were looking for, and we enjoyed our vacation.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
BG F
San Bernardino, California
“BG F”
Reviewed 18 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I decided to rent a Condo instead of a hotel for my family and I and we are very pleased with the outcome. This condo is so nice and comfortable, makes you feel as at home. My kids loved the window view to the beach as they did their homework :) and I really enjoyed being able to just go downstairs barefoot and walk on the Sandy beach. I rented a Van, and I loved the fact that I didn't ha e to worry about anything happening to it since there is a gate at the entrance and also a watchman that overseas the whole complex through the night. This gentleman is of such great help when you need any local stores or directions. Mr. Frankie which is the manager is so nice and helpful as well, he takes the time to greet you and offer his help if you need him at any time. I must also add that I loved the fact that when ever I would email with any questions, I would get a promped response. I will definitely book my next Cancun trip at this condo, I'm the type that once I get great service I don't need to look elsewhere. :)

doctorski...
Belize
“Very comfortable vacation rental, quiet environment”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The Hopelchen vacaction rental is located in Puerto Juarez, pretty far from Zona Hotelera and from most of the tourist attractions which translates into quiet and peaceful environment. I drove to Cancun so it was a plus to have a roofed parking spot. The 2 bedrooms were comfy, the kitchen was big enough, with all the basics to cook. The beach is clean, with white sand, the water is not turquoise blue as by Zona Hotelera but it was nice.
There is a pool which is kept very neat and has a nice size.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
LindsayFa...
Wheaton, Illinois
“Best value on the beach near a family resort.”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Our family of five had a lovely stay and were glad to have paid once we arrived for an all-inclusive package at the All Ritmo next door. Many things to do nearby and the view was spectacular. There are only three things I would add to the apartment--another stand-up fan for the master bedroom, a safe to store valuables, and wifi that works inside the apartment. Otherwise it was a great stay!

Travelling group: Teenagers
beach942
Sacramento
“Nice quiet place away from the hotel zone”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in June 2014 for a long week. The unit is on the 3 rd floor with no elevator but the guard hauled our bags up the stairs for us. This unit is ocean front with a nice beach view and a good breeze straight through the unit when the trades are blowing.

Arrival was easy as there is a security guard who had our keys as we arrived about 10 pm. The place had most everything we needed but we used disposable plates and cups to eliminate much dish-washing. The first day we went downtown to Walmart and did grocery shopping and used a taxi to get our stuff back before it melted.

I found the Wi Fi is located by the pool but can be received inside the unit if you are near the parking lot side of the unit. Also I would use my phone on Wi Fi to get email quickly by stepping out the door and standing by the balcony. The Wi Fi Passcode is stamped on the unit which is right where the guard sits a night. It is also in a ledger that is there just ask for it.

The beds are good and their are many TV channels. The kitchen has pretty much everything we needed except I did not see a carrot peeler.

We bought breakfast food and a little lunch food as lunch was included with our SCUBA and other day trips. For dinner we ate at the Sea Adventure buffet next store one time and found it good but sort of pricy. We also ate at the cantinas on the beach that are just north of the Sea adventure hotel. These are quite good and have a great view of the ocean. Other days we would take the collective bus to dinner or get take out and bring it back.
We found BBQ chicken for take out a whole chicken for 80 pesos at a place by the big hump bridge a couple miles to the south on the same road. There is a big produce marked and restaurant also. Another good place we ate was next to the Ultra mar terminal in Puerto Juarez.
Go see el mecho ruins which is only a couple miles north we were the only ones there and it is 4$ admission which was a bargain. Take a day trip to the island muheres. We walked to the beach just before the Mia hotel bridge, which is where all the snorkel boats go with those that paid for a snorkel tour. You can get food and drinks from the restaurant and hotel that is right there and they will let you use their lounges and umbrellas.

This place is for those that want to see the local side of things and is not near the tourist traps. It is also a short bus ride away from the main town. One last note if you arrange shuttles to the airport or a pickup for your day trip tell them to pick you up at Sea Adventure and just walk for 1 minute over there to meet your rides. Also there is always a taxi or two in front of the Sea adventure if you need a quick ride.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View and local location
Liked least: Could not find an address so we used the address of the Sea Adventure next store
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing