83 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
US$ 439
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.comUS$ 439
PricelineUS$ 439
Trip.comUS$ 579
35,749 results
All reviews sunrise section nizuc section los caporales sunrise pool la gondola flow rider resort credit la trattoria golf cart swing bar los tacos vacation planners public relations brazilian restaurant awe spa dolphin swim huge resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked on December 22, 2020. I had 2 charges post to my CC, one on 12/22/20 and then another for 6/22/20. I disputed the June charge with my credit card since the transaction date was incorrect. Once the December charge dropped I realized that the June charge was for my vacation and cancelled the dispute immediately. The dispute on my CC was closed on 12/31/2020. As of TODAY, 3/8/2021, I have yet to get my reservation number. You are saying that the money is still flagged as a dispute even though I have provided you with detailed documents proving that I have paid and that the dispute was cancelled. On March 6, 2021 you stated in an email blaming my credit card company saying they have not given authorization to your revenue department (they notified you of the dispute closing on 12/31/2020 along with all the documentation I provided to ALLAN NAZARET PEREZ SANTIAGO on 2/9/2021 and 2/11/2021 via email). I have provided all documentation necessary to prove that there is no longer a dispute on the money you have for my reservation. I have paid for a vacation that I do not have a reservation number for yet and have had a total lack of customer service on Palace's behalf. This is ABSOLUTELY not up to palace standards. It is ridiculous that this has taken 2.5 months and there is no resolution in sight. I provided you with all necessary documentation to prove that the funds are no longer disputed. It is time to give me my reservation number so I can enjoy the vacation I paid for.

Date of stay: April 2020
1  Thank Megan K
social media Palace Resorts, Propietario at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Megan K;

First of all we want to thank you for choosing us.

At Moon Palace we strive to provide an incredible experience that goes beyond the expected, we regret to learn that you’ve experienced difficulty during the reservation process, our member service team has been following up on your concerns and we regret the delay in the process, rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to assist you.

You may be confident that we remain at your service and we would like to have the opportunity to welcome you.

Cordially,
General Manger

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am a member of Palace elite having joined on a previous visit. I regret not staying at The Grand this time but I wanted a property that was a bit more manageable as I am traveling with my two daughters on my own.

RE: Covid protocols- there is a ton of hand sanitizing (each time you enter a restaurant or go to the buffet) which is great but not mandatory mask usage in the main areas which I found to be strange. People are not necessarily keeping distance either. I saw lots of cleaning and sanitizing ( in between spa services and just in general in the hotel. People seem to be always cleaning)

The sunrise side is easily managed by foot or golf carts when you can grab a ride. Drivers are shuttling people all over and there are designated stops but they will also help you if you are on your way by foot :) . You do have to ensure leaving enough time to get places because the resort is spread out.

The room is fine but a bit dated I guess, It could use an update. The housekeeping staff does an amazing job at keeping everything very clean. They are also just super friendly.

The food- It was disappointing this time, I hated the buffets for the most part and the reservation restaurants are definitely better. Breakfast is the better buffet at Gondolas. Hibachi at MOMO was great as was the iIalian restaurant Trattoria. Again- i will mention how amazing the staff is here. Smiling and just super gracious.

The pool is large and great because it felt very quiet which was nice but the water near the kid pool is cold while the water in the "louder" more populated areas was warmer. not sure why....

The beach - too much seaweed despite their efforts to clean and not great to swim in. We knew the beach isn't great her but had the fantasy that we'd want to hang there anyway.

The night shows- Didn't see them all but loved the fire show. It was great entertainment and my kids loved it too.

The gym- wonderful. Clean, quiet and all the equipment is in great condition.

The best part of this resort is the STAFF - I cannot reiterate that enough. Such gracious , lovely people that feel very invested in our happiness as guests.

2  Thank phoebe75
Palace Resorts, Propietario at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear phoebe75,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your preference and for considering our Resort as the perfect place for enjoying a well-deserved vacation. It is a pleasure to read your feedback and your thoughts on the hotel.

Please be sure that your comments are the best tool we have for improvement, and certainly are important for us to improve please rest assured it will be shared with management to ensure that these situations are properly addressed.

We appreciate your feedback and please rest assured we will continue with our hard work to ensure your next visit surpasses all of your expectations. We remain at your service and hope to have you back very soon.

Best regards,

Moon Palace Cancun

Reviewed 5 March 2021

I would like to give a huge shout out to Joel Corona Grajales! Joel has worked with me scheduling a family trip. I have added and changed things so many times and he is more than happy to make our vacation a great one. He lets me know the right thing to do when scheduling dates and is very informative. Great job Joel!

Date of stay: June 2020
Palace Resorts, Propietario at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Dear Karen1215,

Nothing is more important for us than learning about your feedback as a guest. Thank you for choosing us and most importantly, for sharing your fantastic comments about our team and all of the great things you enjoyed during your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate it.

Please rest assured we will share your comments with Joel, whose name is highlighted during your stay.

Thank you again for choosing us, we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back and continue exceeding all of your expectations.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

My expectations of Moon Palace was fairly low, especially where the food was concerned. You can’t feed a million people with good food. Its just logistically impossible. Well, I need to eat my words. I had more than one amazing meal here. Tonight, our last, was no exception. The Mexican options at Bugambilia were second only to the amazing service here! Edwin and Gregorio attended to us religiously, made the most amazing margaritas (seriously!!!) and dazzled us with a coffee spectacle. They made our night!!! But really, I cannot say a negative thing about one single staff member here. Every single person I came in contact with has been more than I was expecting. And I am a horribly critical B. Thank you Moon Palace for appropriately and adequately training your people! It matters!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Erin L,

Thank you very much for choosing Moon Palace Cancun and for taking the time to share your fantastic comments with us. We are very pleased to know that you had an incredible experience during your visit and that you enjoyed the fantastic service of our team, for us it is important to create wonderful memories that our guests can take home.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon and create many more beautiful vacation moments for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Highlight of our trip was the service. We especially loved Edwin Arceo and Gregorio at Bugambilia! Edwin dazzled us with his margarita and Mexican coffee making skills. We had a great time! We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear MeredithP,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us. We are so happy to hear that she had a great vacation experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to serve you as you deserve and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you once again soon.