“PERFECT for families!!!!”
Review of Moon Palace Cancun

Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

DON'T LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS....take it from me. I'm the kind of person who reads the bad reviews only but I'm glad I ignored them. Me my husband and our 23 month old daughter stayed at The Grand so that's the Moon Palace resort my review is about. There's the Nizuc and Sunrise (and I think another). This place was fantastic! The amount of amenities this place has to offer for kids is just a parents dream. My daughter who has a short attention span and gets bored very easily never wanted to go back to the hotel room. From water parks to slides to lazy rivers to play rooms to archades to interactive play floors, the list just goes on. There are even adult water slides my husband really enjoyed. There's food offered everywhere. The children's water park had a taco stand, hotdog stand and corn dog stand so always something to snack on. And the restaurants are great! So many to choose from. 1 or 2 are only ok but others are delicious. The Italian, Peruvian, Persian and Mexican restaurants are DELUCIOUS! The staff is just lovely. Kind, sweet, acommodating and honest. There was one day we left a tip for the room staff and they never took it. They tucked it safely away on my dresser under my toiletries instead of taking it for themselves. I was impressed but felt guilty at the same time because they do a really good job at keeping everything so clean. There are staff working tirelessly around the resort cleaning, repairing, gardening etc. Some people might find this annoying but I appreciate the pride they take I'm keeping the property 5 star. There was a pool that was closed and empty and the staff were in there scrubbing down the sides and the floor of that pool. I really appreciated the effort to clean it that well. The public washrooms on the hotel grounds were spic and span! For me, the cleanliness and food are what really help me determine where I want to stay. I'm not the kind of person to stay at the same resort twice no matter how good it was but this place I'll definitely go back to! Do yourself a favor and book now, you won't regret it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
8  Thank _simplytricia
GM_TheGrandAtMP, Gerente at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear _simplytricia,

On behalf of the team at The Grand at Moon Palace I would like to thank you firs, for your preference and secondly for taking some of your valuable time in sharing with us your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to Mexico.

It is a great honor to be the host of our wonderful guests and as we are reading all the highlights of your vacation, we definitely are proud of all the hard work that every single person is placing in order to exceed our guests' expectations.

As you have kindly mentioned, the excellence of service is a result of attention to details and with the neatness that is signature of us we definitely strive to provide a high standard in service.

We will be honored to exceed your expectations again and many more times in the future! We remain at your service.

The Grand at Moon Palace Cancún

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Moon palace is my favourite place,

I want to thank caporales restaurant the Mexican based in nizuc, maiteo and Samuel I couldn't recommended having their section enough, they are an absolute credit to the hotel staff, such amazing service! I even come back again and asked for maiteo and Samuel because of how amazing they treated us. They went above and beyond client expectation.

I also want to thank Edwin based in nizuc buffet in the evening for such an amazing service also he carried our plates and didn't stop smiling! Amazing again.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Chel K
GM_MoonPalaceCancun, Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Chel K,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments with us, there is nothing more important for us than your satisfaction, we appreciate your preference.

Thank you as well for your recognition for our staff members, they are definitely hardworking people with an outstanding performance. This definitely needs to be highlighted and recognized, we will share your comments with them.

Hopefully you may visit us again soon, it will be a pleasure fo rus.

All the best,

Jose Luis Gonzalez
Social Media Concierge Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from the Moon Palace Grand in Cancun Mexico. This is their newest location. They have a huge water park, which is not fully operational, however, there are enough things open to keep kids and adults happy. All kinds of restaurants and bars though-out the hotel. The staff is top notch and the spa is not to be believed! We have been to Palace resorts before, but only with adults. This is the first time we took our children and grand-children. Although the beach is just so-so, there are at least 10 pools on the property, There activities all day long. Shows at night. My kids loved the "Michael Jackson" show. Everything is included except spa treatments, which can be pricey but terrific. We are Palace Premier members, so we do get some breaks. They will try and sell you a membership, but it is not mandatory to do so. If you do go on the 90 minute tour, they will offer you excursions with no obligation. However, if you decide you wish to join, HOLD OUT until the last minute. Keep saying No and see the cost drop before your eyes. I do like this property and will return. Remember, high season is Christmas you will pay a lot. We went in October, as my grand-children have a school break. It is the tail end of Hurricane season, but we had good weather.

Room Tip: My kids overlooked the pool and the ocean and we overlooked a beautiful garden.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Linda G

Dear Linda G,

On behalf of all the team at The Grand at Moon Palace that had the pleasure of assisting and pampering you we would like to thank you for your preference and for sharing with us and with the TripAdvisor community an overview of your stay, including names of the staff.

Please be sure that our main goal is to exceed your expectations and we look forrwad to be welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived on Thursday, Oct 12, 2017 to The Grand at Moon Palace where I we were met by the bell hops. We gave them our luggage, 2 bags that can be rolled around and do not need to be carried. When we got the hotel, we took our bags off the shuttle ourselves. The bellhop said that after we checked in, they would take our bags to our room. Our bags were not damaged when we gave our bags to the bellhops. However, after getting all checked in and getting to our rooms, our bags arrived approximately 20-30 minutes later. When the bellhop came in, he carried the bags in, placed them down by the dresser. After which, he gave a very detailed tour of the room and services on the TV. After he left, we noticed that one of our bags was torn badly. Torn to the point that we could not travel home with that same bag. However, we did not report it right away because I was under the weather. So instead of going to guest services immediately, while I was sick and irritated, I waited until the morning with a fresh head. When we got to guest relations, we spoke with Arleen. Arleen said that she needed pictures of the luggage. We went back the room, took pictures and emailed them to Arleen as she requested. After which, Friday night Arleen still did not get back to us on the status of the luggage. So, when we passed by guest services, we spoke to her and she requested that they take the luggage to repair it. Fine! We gave them the luggage as they requested. Now it is Sunday and we still have not heard anything about the luggage. Sunday evening has come and we now need to pack for our flight Monday morning. We go to guest services, where we are now dealing with Marianna. Marianna was very rude and dismissive. Marianna would say she was going to get the manager and disappear for long periods of time, 45 minutes and 20 minutes on two different occasions. After Marianna said that the bellhops are not being held responsible for damaging the luggage, the manager is willing to reimburse us for the luggage. However, once I told her the price of the luggage, she said they are only reimbursing us for 35% of the worth. I was completely disappointed with the way this matter is being dealt with. I insist on talking to the manager about my issue. Another 20-30 minutes goes by before Miguel comes out to talk to us about the luggage. I thoroughly explained to Miguel the issue at hand and also, the rude attitude we were receiving from his staff. Miguel asked that we give him until the 9:00am Monday morning to purchase a new suitcase for out travels. I agreed to him doing so, still being cooperative with management. Miguel explained that he will not be the manager on duty in the morning, but Jose will be and he will leave a detailed report about the matter. Monday morning comes and we still don’t have any luggage to travel with. Mariana is saying that they can only give us 35% of the worth of the luggage and suitcase from the lost and found. I am completely upset and disturbed by this. I had to show that I was adamant about speaking the manager only. Jose finally comes out to speak with up about the issue, and he has another damaged suitcase in tow. Jose explains that there is nothing he can do about getting us a new suitcase to replace the one his employees destroyed. But he can give us this damaged and used one from the lost and found. We had NO CHOICE but to take that suitcase, because it was 30 minutes before we had to check out and get to our transportation to the airport. Jose credited our stay for the cost of the suitcase, which I do appreciate. However, guest services had our luggage for 4 out of the 5 days we were staying at the hotel and the best they could do is get us a used damage suitcase from the lost and found 30 minutes before we had to leave. Making it hard to properly pack our bags, or even enjoy our final few hours at the resort. We were completely disgusted at the way we were treated by guest relations and management.
Every other department was beautiful, friendly, professional and welcoming. The resort property is gorgeous and breath taking. The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun needs to revamp their guest relations department.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Toiboi511

Dear Toiboi511,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your comments and for your trust and confidence. Your straight forward observations are greatly appreciated, as feedback is of extreme importance to Palace Resorts.

We regret very much that you suffered an inconvenience with your luggage and the service from our end. To Palace Resorts our guests’ satisfaction is our utmost priority and we strive to be the very best in all aspects. Please accept our sincerest apologies with your experience. It is worth mentioning that, according to our records, since the moment we receive your report at our PR desk we took action, verifying the situation and arrived to a satisfactory conclusion to this matter. Thank you for your patience in this. Furthermore, you kindly signed a document which states that the inconvenience was solved. Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

You may rest assured that your comments have been shared with the departments involved and corrective actions have been taken in order to avoid similar situations to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As usual the standard of food & accommodation is second to none,
Excellently backed up by the fantastic staff who go out of there way far & beyond the call of duty to make our stay as perfect as possible.
I must give macedonio sulib a special pat on the back , he makes that bit extra effort to make things happen, backed up by his team , Jose & fernando ect , not forgetting Guadalupe who was trained by macedonio & now has het own section .
Not forgetting Angelica & paulio euan .
Altogether another great time at the moon palace ( nizuk )

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank david g
GM_MoonPalaceCancun, General Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear David g,

It is a pleasure for us to receive your so positive comments. I am also happy to know about the recognition you give to our staff members, we will make sure to share your comments with them along with proper recognition form our side.

Thank you for choosing Moon Palace Cancun, we look forward to your next visit, hopefully very soon.

Jose Luis Gonzalez,