“We will be back !”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
voorhees nj
“We will be back !”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Just returned from a week at Moon Palace, our second time at the property. If it is possible
it was better than our first visit. We booked thru Fantasy Travel in Berlin NJ and they had all the updated information on the property. The disco was closed the first few days we were there, and then a grand opening. They redid the disco and it is beautiful It was not very crowded and there were fewer places for breakfast than we saw the first td ime. The service at every restaurant was just terrific. We had to make reservations at the italian restaurant and the oriental restaurant by the golf course and they had a dress code, but It was worth it !! At every restaurant at sometime during dinner, the manager would arrive to make sure everything was okay.
Our hair dryer didn't work one day and we called and within minutes we had a new hair dryer. Then the phone rang, and they were checking to make sure everything was okay and we got the hair dryer .. Great customer service.
The beach is fine, but the water was full of seaweed and just not as pretty as the water on Cancun beaches. The pools were fantastic so that made up for the ocean. One day we went into Cancun to Beach Palace, that was nice but much smaller and lots of steps to get to pool, beach etc.
Overall, great experience and we cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the best resort we have been at. It was our 5th time here, and it gets more spectacular each time. Made us feel like Royalty. The staff is excellent, and caters to your every request. The food is to die for, and the spa treatments make you feel 10 years younger. Recommend Moon Palace for anyone, of any age and family type.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - I like the Sunrise portion best
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Amersham, Bucks
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Yes, the two words for me for a holiday are All Inclusive. I hate them with a passion and consider them too commercial. I was filled with trepidation on reading the negative reviews.
However, a big BUT here at this point; I am converted. Moon Palace is an amazing place. For a family with young children (ours are 2 and 5 years of age) this is the perfect place. Once they grow up we will do more bespoke holidays but at this point in August holidays with the prices being as they are. We stayed there in the last two weeks of August at the Nizuc part of it. They have three lobbies there which is like having 3 hotels in one huge area. In in the price are the following: Kayaking, Catamaran, Cycling – The bikes do need maintenance, Wall Climbing, Kids Club – Only for over 4 years of age and they do cancel some activities(so check!). A feature I liked is that they give you a walkie talkie device to call you or you can call them to check up. You have access to over 7 restaurants. Various number of pools especially the kids one at Sunrise was amazing. The beach was cleared up every morning of seaweed so that was not an issue. My boys really loved playing on the beach. They would just spend hours there. The sunrise part of the resort was having works done so I am glad we didn’t stay there though it seemed newer and nicer. Nizuc was both informal and personal it seemed. The property on the whole does need maintenance but not such that it gives it a bad experience or even let alone a mention but seeing other reviews thought I mention it. Otherwise might as well hire a room at a hospital ! The drinks are branded and the beer was just great. No qualms on that front for me. The food was great, yes your tummy will need adjustment especially if coming from Europe.
Can’t say much but do drop me a note if you have questions.

Room Tip: Family with young children and pushchair ask for ground floor some way from where all the action is...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sidj6
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the only place I have stayed when in Cancun area. I have been to the Moon Palace eight times and have stayed in all four sections--Nizuc, Sunrise, Grand, and Golf Course. I have not had a bad exerience any of the times I have been there. "All-Inclusive" here means All-Inclusive. You don't have to fork orver "$25" to eat at the nicer places, and you don't pay more to buy a better bottle of wine--you just ask and they bring it if they have it. The pools are ALWAYS clean, as are the grounds, the rooms, everything. Ten minute drive from the airport, which is included (remember, everything is included). I will stay here or at another Palace reort when in Cancun. The others are just as nice.

Room Tip: Stay in the Grand if you want the pool to yourself; stay in the Sunrise if you want to be by the act...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I went to the Moon Palace for our honeymoon in July, and unfortunately the hotel left a lot to be desired. My husband got food poisoning on the third day and was ill for the rest of the holiday. As we had only eaten at the hotel when he fell ill, we knew it must have come from the hotel food. When I reported this to Alain at the PR desk he told me I 'must be wrong as the Moon Palace doesn't do food poisoning'; he also told me that my husband had simply eaten too much and offered me no help or advice whatsoever. I must admit there were some nice restaurants - the Italian and Oriental restaurants at the golf course were lovely, but the food offered in the buffet restaurants varied hugely - one day I had fish goujons which were rock hard. The alcoholic drinks were also disappointing - the beer was flat and looked more like apple juice, and the cocktails were watered down and poured from giant plastic containers. I will never go all inclusive again - you may think you're getting a good deal, but standards are much lower.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mulberrygirl28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
8.8 km away
29.0 km away
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#8 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK