Our family just visited the Grand Moon in the first week of June 2012. We had previously stayed at the Sunrise side, but this was the first in the Grand side. It was beautiful. Sleek, modern, and spacious are the words. Our Presidential had a master suite, dining room, living room, wet bar, and kids room. Each bedroom with jacuzzis of course. The master bath and dressing area was amazing.
There were less restaurant choices than Nizuc and Sunrise lobbies, but Caribeno offered all we wanted. Our kids are 8 to 16 years old and we didn't miss kiddie pools or need the more "party" pools of Sunrise. The Grand does not have kid care, but the entertainment staff (Alejandro, Alfredo and Mirem) more than made up the memories for our kids. We made woven bracelets, played ping pong, played on the surf board in the Olympic pool, observed crocodiles, laughed a lot. Unforgettable memory is Alfredo doing his amazing "flag pole" pose poolside. He's trying out for Cirque du Soleil...hahahhaa.
It rained on the first few days of our visit, but the XBOX kept the kids entertained. Jose Felipe, Benjamin, and Paulina are Diamond concierges that we had to assist us. It was also fun to run into another old friend (from Le Blanc Spa & Resort) that now worked at Nizuc side : Tatiana ! Wish we could've seen her more, but we stayed on the Grand side mostly.
The hypnosis show was really funny and I wish I would've had the courage to volunteer. I hoped to volunteer the following week at the next resort, but he didn't perform at Aventura Spa/Cove.
Best take home memories are the bracelets/anklets the kids and I wove and wear to remind us of sweet times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico