“Great value, perfect for groups!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #22 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great value, perfect for groups!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I came here to get married. I was nervous about the large group and being able to accomodate everyone. There are pros and cons to the huge size of the resort. To me most were pros..I loved being able to know there is plenty to do for every person in the group. We stayed in Sunrise and it was beautiful. The lobby is the prettiest in my opinion and the gym is awesome, we also got hammocks and most of us had beach views. I checked out the gym and Nizuc and was so glad I did not have to workout there every morning (didn't get to see the Grand's gym). There were a lof of activities at Sunrise but this is not the section for you if you want peace and quiet. I would suggest Grand if you are looking for a quiet getaway. Like everyone else has mentioned the beach is..bleh but it was pretty enough for me to walk on and enjoy the view and honestly the pool selection is so amazing I didn't even feel like leaving the pool area! If you are a light sleeper or even like to sleep in I suggest bringing ear plugs! The rooms are not enclosed so these birds start to make loud noises first thing in the morning lol (I didn't mind them :)) The location of the resort is away from everything so you have to take a taxi if you would like to go shopping..something to keep in mind if you like that kind of stuff. There is a shuttle that leaves twice a day to got to beach palace though which of course has the amazing beach.

My whole wedding group had a blast and I feel like there was something for everyone. I found the food to be very good. I had a few meals that were okay but honestly for the price I think the food is perfect! If you are a drinker and like strong beverages, the waiters have no problem bringing you what you want. I did not feel like there was pressure to tip (I always tip towards the end of our meals) to get good service but they sure do deserve them! They get paid close to nothing and work their butts off...usually almost jogging to get you your drinks quickly. The rooms are pretty far away from the lobby which I did not like since I kept having to look for family/friends..otherwise the distance would not be too bad of a walk. The gardens are beautifully kept and you might even get lucky and get one of the gardeners to give you a fresh cut coconut as you walk by :)

Overall I would recommend this resort to any friend or family member..so much so we are already planning to do annual wedding anniversaries with our group here again.

Room Tip: Sunrise has hammocks and almost all beach views.
5 Thank sdamian1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,797)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Great Value in today's vacation packages, Top notch food and food staff, Plentiful Activities for all types of people and abilities, and always a cold drink steps away no matter where you are

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter, All rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean
1 Thank Keith M
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed at Moon Palace Sunrise on 3 other occasions and I am always very pleased. The weather was beautiful for 8 days straight. The service at the pool and all restaurants is amazing. The employees go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Especially Pablo and Lucy at the pool and Jorge the night time bartender at the swing bar. My drinks were never empty and Jorge would always remember what we were drinking without me even telling him.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank gusman300
Cardigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had a fantastic 12 nights - room lovely (albeit a bit small for a sleep four - we had our 2 kids, 10 & 12 with us). Great food at every restaurant we ate in although we didn't get around them all. The most striking thing was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - it seemed like a happy place to work, and that always makes a difference to my enjoyment of a place. The hotel itself is SPOTLESS. I watched a cup blow away next to someone's sun lounger and within 30 seconds a member of staff had picked it up. The resort is divided into three main areas - Sunrise is the busiest, most family oriented area; Nizuc (where we were) was slightly quieter, and the Grand is the plushest, quietest area.

The beach was clean - a bit of seaweed that seemed to bother some people (but not us) - and the sea clear. Fish swim right around your legs and nibble you which was a bit disconcerting at first but actually quite cute once you got used to it.

The golf course is spectacular but instead of playing golf, which is not really my bag, I walked around it just to catch sight of the wildlife (crocodiles, pelicans, iguanas, deer, caiote, masses of colourful birds).

We were given $2,500 hotel credits to spend on a range of things such as trips, spa treatments, romantic dinners etc. We struggled to spend it all.

My only gripe was that the poolside entertainment was a bit noisy for my liking, and sometimes the music from various poolside bars clashed, which got on my nerves when I couldn't block it out. Apart from that, perfect.

Room Tip: Stay in Sunrise if you have a young family, Nizuc if you like it a bit quieter and Grand if you like...
7 Thank Jane E
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We just spent a week in Cancun at this resort. AWESOME! The staff was responsive and pleasant, always ready to serve. The food was good; restaurants clean and sanitary. The pools were clean and refreshing! Housekeeping and maintenance were outstanding. I would recommend a trip to the Moon Palace Grand every year! Recommend taking plenty of sunscreen as the weather is sunny and beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
8.8 km away
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,736 reviews

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK