My husband and I came here to get married. I was nervous about the large group and being able to accomodate everyone. There are pros and cons to the huge size of the resort. To me most were pros..I loved being able to know there is plenty to do for every person in the group. We stayed in Sunrise and it was beautiful. The lobby is the prettiest in my opinion and the gym is awesome, we also got hammocks and most of us had beach views. I checked out the gym and Nizuc and was so glad I did not have to workout there every morning (didn't get to see the Grand's gym). There were a lof of activities at Sunrise but this is not the section for you if you want peace and quiet. I would suggest Grand if you are looking for a quiet getaway. Like everyone else has mentioned the beach is..bleh but it was pretty enough for me to walk on and enjoy the view and honestly the pool selection is so amazing I didn't even feel like leaving the pool area! If you are a light sleeper or even like to sleep in I suggest bringing ear plugs! The rooms are not enclosed so these birds start to make loud noises first thing in the morning lol (I didn't mind them :)) The location of the resort is away from everything so you have to take a taxi if you would like to go shopping..something to keep in mind if you like that kind of stuff. There is a shuttle that leaves twice a day to got to beach palace though which of course has the amazing beach.
My whole wedding group had a blast and I feel like there was something for everyone. I found the food to be very good. I had a few meals that were okay but honestly for the price I think the food is perfect! If you are a drinker and like strong beverages, the waiters have no problem bringing you what you want. I did not feel like there was pressure to tip (I always tip towards the end of our meals) to get good service but they sure do deserve them! They get paid close to nothing and work their butts off...usually almost jogging to get you your drinks quickly. The rooms are pretty far away from the lobby which I did not like since I kept having to look for family/friends..otherwise the distance would not be too bad of a walk. The gardens are beautifully kept and you might even get lucky and get one of the gardeners to give you a fresh cut coconut as you walk by :)
Overall I would recommend this resort to any friend or family member..so much so we are already planning to do annual wedding anniversaries with our group here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico