First of all the place is enormous, kind of like 4 hotels rolled into 1, but this isn't a problem as bellboys are constantly driving golf carts around to bring you wherever you would like to go. The place is complete luxury in every sense of the word, and the rooms, bars and restaurants are all truly amazing. We stayed at Nizuc and had a fantastic sea view which was a pleasure to wake up to every morning and we also felt this is an ideal spot as you are in the middle of the grand and the sunrise, so getting around is only a short walk.
The thing which makes this resort stand out from anywhere I have stayed before are the Staff, they truly are the most amazingly accommodating people I ever come across. The barman Jorge at los columpios bar was amazing, every night we visited him he made us feel really important and always knew when we needed a new drink, that guy was awesome, pay him a visit! He made a mean Mojito.
Another example of how great the staff were at Moon Palace was when my girlfriend had an accident, a staff member called Alain tended to our every need, and ensured a wheelchair was organised and arranged for us to see a doctor right away. Alain even arranged for medication which was out of stock to be brought in from off site. He turned what felt like a complete disaster at the end of our trip into a minor problem..... All I can say is WOW! The guy showed great compassion and efficiency in a rather stressful situation which really put us at ease and made us feel a lot happier about our last day at the resort. Thanks Alain!
The food was awesome, and the a la carte restaurants were excellent, you are spoilt for choice of where to eat and what cuisine to choose from. Even the buffet food is fresh, and the term buffet is used loosely as there is always the option to have certain dishes cooked fresh in front of you while you wait. This place is luxury and upgrading to concierge with your resort credits makes your stay feel as though you are some sort of celebrity VIP! We had amazing upgraded wine and champagne with every meal, which really gave it that extra touch. I would thoroughly recommend the Moon palace to anyone.
All in all this is a fantastic resort with amazing people; you will have an amazing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico