“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arenas Spa & Lounge

Arenas Spa & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 38 Spas & Wellness in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: ARENAS SPA & LOUNGE offers Spa and Salon services for Ladies and Gentlemen - premium service and amazing experience at a fraction of hotel prices.In the Salon we provide styling, cutting, dyes, highlights, straightening, hair and scalp treatments, hands and feet spa, nail design.In the Spa - pamper your body and soul – facials, massages, scrubs and other full body treatments. We have free wireless internet and parking for customers in the two locations.
Clearwater, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I tried this SPA last week when I was in Cancun because of the great TripAdvisor reviews. The sign on the front window stated, $35 for massage. It's true but that was for 30 min. I chose the 50 min massage. It was wonderful but I would skip Arenas if you are looking for a true Spa experience. After the massage there wa no place to relax or drink refreshing drinks, no robe, etc. I would pay for the hotel massage next time because I want the true relaxing experience. But if you are short on cash and really need a massage, than go for Arenas.

Visited August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Arenas Spa Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I went to the Arenas Spa twice while in Cancun during August 2012. It is very easy to find on the opposite side of Kukulcan Boulevard near the entrance to the Ritz Carlton. It is the kind of spa like you would typically find in the USA offering haircuts, manicures, pedicures, facials and massages. The outside is not the nicest looking place but inside was fine and it was clean. The prices are comparable to what you would expect to pay in the US and certainly much less expensive than the hotel spas in Cancun. I got a fabulous deep tissue massage from an older woman who obviously had some professional training during her career. My wife said her massage was the best she had ever received. During our first visit there were four people working in the spa and during our second visit there were six people working there.

Visited August 2012
Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Skip the overpriced hotel spas and come here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is my 2nd time at this spa and couldn't be happier with it. In 2009 my husband and I found this place across from the Ritz-Carlton. We were wary to go in bc it looked so unassuming. We are so glad we went in bc we both received the best massages of our lives. We just went back in May of 2012 and both received another 80 minute massage. Again, both of us left saying it was the best massage we have ever received.

I have nothing but great things to say about this place!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank DesertRatTravelgirl
Birmingham, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“You could pay more for subpar services this place is Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

A very nice TA member supplied me with the name of the young lady /Lillia that provided a Relaxing Massage. Boy.....words can't describe! $60 USD on the lagoon side across from Ritz Carlton. Nice, quiet atmosphere. I really want to go back tomorrow but she may think I'm stalking her. Treat yourself. Save money and get away for high dollar resort treatment prices. And there's free WiFi!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank 13Heart
Azilda Ontario
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best massage yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife and I have been to many massage parlors and this one is by far the best we have been to. Another reviewer stated that they were C-??? Not sure who they got, but the techniques they used on myself and my wife were relaxing and definitely were trained.

We took the couples 1 hour massage and felt it was worth $120 USD.

We will be returning next time we are in Cancun for sure!

Visited April 2012