This review is for the Spa only. One of the worst facials that I've ever had! I thought maybe I had a bad facial therapist, but my friend and I compared notes after and she had the same experience. The room is VERY cold. While I think my person could tell I was cold and got me another blanket about 10 minutes into the facial, my friend had to ask for a blanket after starting to shiver. The hand movements were very fast and hard. Both of us had the Citrus facial, so not sure if that was related to the kind of facial that we had, but we were told this one was the most gentle. My most relaxing part of a facial is the scalp massage. This massage was more of a scrub and scratch your head as fast as you can. During the exfoliation, I thought she would actually see scratches on my skin once she washed my face. I've never had such hard and fast movements with a facial and I've had many facials. We didn't complain because we weren't sure if this was the Mexican Spa way, and didn't want to be "rude Americans". We simply told them to reduce the tip.
The spa lounge was beautiful, but they didn't take us on any tour and we didn't realize there was a sauna & pool that we could have used, they just gave us a key and said the locker room is upstairs. My friend & I did not have a relaxing day at all. If you go, make sure you set expecations with your facial therapist as to the pressure or speed that you like. Also ask for a blanket!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott