“Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fred's House

Fred's House
Reserve with OpenTable
Fred's House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
New Jersey
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great atmosphere (do the outside seating, facing the water), wonderful staff and delicious food! what more could you ask for!!!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Festive, fun, upscale atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great pick if you are looking for a local restaurant with top notch service. Portions are generous and presentation is beautiful. We were big fans of the Blackberry Mojito. My husband had the Paella (pictured) and we both thought it was great. We did see children while we were there, but it would not be my pick for a “child friendly” restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hephzibah, Georgia, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Service and food was top notch, the BEST!!! but you will pay!!! This place had the best seafood and shrimp, wow!! Lobster dinner for two and two drinks around $150.00

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional Service, Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We dined there last night for my birthday and Paola C. was our server. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and ATTENTIVE. She even surprised me at the end of the night with a complimentary dessert because my husband mentioned we were celebrating my birthday! How thoughtful! She was just great!! Also, as the manager came over to introduce himself and ask about how our dinner was (at the same time our food was being delivered) I noticed my lobster was missing. He ensured that is came out as soon as possible.

I would give the food an A- only because my lobster was overcooked and my husband felt his Red Snapper was missing a small bit of seasoning even though it had remoulade on top. (I thought the snapper was fine.) The rest of my entree' was well prepared: filet, shrimp, and grilled asparagus. I would give the cocktails (Lemon Drop and Mojito) a B because they were on the weak side. Also, I wanted a seat outside and was led to a tiny little table in the corner which faced some kind of storage room with blow up toys. But I am glad we moved back inside because Paola took great care of us.

I would definitely return on my next visit. They had great music...comtemporary, making it feel more trendy than romantic. It worked for us.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Excellent seafood, yummy drinks and exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Much of Cancun is just like going to a beach in the US. A lot of the chain restaurants and same ole atmosphere. Fred's is just a little different. Upon entering Fred's you can't help but notice that the atmosphere is very similar to various seafood restaurants across the US. It's nice (on the upscale end of things), clean and with a nautical theme to it.
The staff is fantastic. Super friendly and always happy to accomodate you or make recommendations. You're glass will never be empty and your belly will be happy.
I HIGHLY recommend Fred's Mojito. It is an excellent twist on the usual. It's refreshing and delicious!! Everything we had there was excellent and fresh. I gave my husband guff about coming all the way to Mexico to have Alaskan Crab Legs, but there were excellent and well-prepared....they grilled them. I had the fresh red snapper- grilled. The spices that they added really accented the flavor of the fish. Our appetizer was great and in the end, while the desserts looked delicious we just didn't have room.
Next time.