“a funfilled week in paradise”

The Royal Caribbean
Ranked #35 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mason, Ohio
“a funfilled week in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The resort is beautiful and the staff members are excellent!!! It was very relaxing and enjoyable. There are lots of activities to do or you can do nothing but hang out at the fantastic beach!!! The service is excellant at the Royal Caribbean and Royal Islander. I like being able to walk to the 3 resorts bars,pools and restaurants without having to leave the property! We have once again made new friends to keep in touch with.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors close to the beach or beachfront but all the views are great.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patti4473
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
buchanan,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The service & grounds were fantastic.The service was the best,almost to good at times ! The pool & grounds were beautiful as I was up at daybreak each day & watched as the grounds,pool & beach were jazzed up,most impressive. We ate 95% of the time at the resort or next door & was great every time.Thanks again. Santa K & family

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be great & have good views.We were fortunate to have 11th floor in center of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kevin t
Hudson, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

The adjoining Royal Resorts offer a week of casual elegance. You can find everything you need on site, yet it's easy to venture out to restaurants, clubs and local attractions. We particularly enjoyed the well-run activities like water aerobics, Spanish lessons and casino nights. Every year we are amazed at the attention to detail in cleaning and service. We feel like several of the activity leaders and waiters are our personal friends. When we're greeted by "Welcome home!" it truly feels like we have returned to our own personal paradise.

Room Tip: Higher units have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
West Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

This place is my new home away from home, my paradise. It was my first time leaving the states and my family and I came for a week in mid-June. There is nothing I don't like about this place. If you need something, you can find it here from volleyballs, ceramic painting, an in house market, gift shop, spa, there is even a doctor on site for emergencies! Let's not forget happy hour (my favorite part ;) ) the bartenders know the best suggestions and make the best drinks. I recommend getting a Caribbean Breeze if you like tropical drinks. The bartender made this for me after I was tired of my usual and I had Caribbean Breezes for the rest of the trip! I love how you can go to any of the Royal resorts and be able to get free transportation there, and use everything they offer at the other resorts using your own room key. The staff is very friendly and personable. They get to know you and best of all, they remember your name, face, and prior conversations. You make friends while here and the staff becomes a second family. I saw that others were complaining in their reviews how the concierge service was "too pushy" but I never got that impression and I loved Antar. He was so nice and helpful, he gave us options and wasn't too pushy on making any sale. I already told my dad that when we come back we are coming back here! Words cannot describe how much I love this place. Every single room has a view and the workers cater to you and the beach is literally what you get when you think of a tropical beach and beach advertisements. There is no where else I'd rather stay at!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle W
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at the Royal Caribbean May 25th to June 2nd. Our room was spacious and we loved the balcony with its relaxing furniture. The resort is laid out so that every unit has an ocean view. It was very quiet here. The room we were in could use some repairs, such as the shower that felt like a sandblaster and you couldn't lower the pressure, and because it was a tub/shower combo with a shower curtain, water went everywhere. We were in a 1 bedroom suite that had a full kitchen, large dining table, tv area with a wall unit and 2 murphy beds, and a separate bedroom with king bed and a separate slider door to the balcony. One of the slider doors needed a handle on the outside, it was hard to open from the outside if it was shut all the way.

The gym isn't free to guests. You have to pay a daily use fee or they'll sell you a week pass. So my son and I skipped the workouts! However, we really enjoyed the coffee shop located in the lobby. Excellent cappuccinos and prices about even with what we pay in the states. There is a decent sized grocery store near the lobby as well with an internet cafe. We were not bothered at all by time share people here! We walked by the sales office a few times every day and not one person approached us. We did get a few calls though from our assigned "personal concierge" who encouraged us to take part in a welcome party to find out things to do in the area, etc., (which I'm sure was a lure to get you to the sales pitch). We just ignored the phone messages and they didn't bother us. We didn't like that they wanted us to "charge" to our room by using our room key for dinners, drinks, etc. They really don't want you to pay cash. This is fine for some people, but you really have to watch your spending when you do this because it's hard to keep track or stay on your daily budget. My husband insisted on paying cash several times and they gave in, but it was a hassle.

This resort has a strange layout!! Lots of steps, no elevators to the lobby level, you have to go up or down a flight of steps to catch the elevator. And there are lots of steps down to the beach if you want to take the quickest route. The elevators just weren't in convenient locations here. This was a problem for us as my husband has rheumatoid arthritis, bad knees and a bad back. So if you're fit, this isn't a problem. Also, the hotel is situated far away from the main road where you catch the bus. It's a long walk past a noisy construction site to get to the bus. It would have been more convenient to take the cabs but a cab ride from our hotel to the central area on the strip where the clubs and shopping are was $10 US, versus the bus which was $2. So we took the cab only if it was raining or my husband was too sore to walk.

This resort has a policy where saving beach or pool chairs by parking your towel or other belongings on them is strictly prohibited! This wasn't an issue while we were there because there were few people at the resort, it was very quiet most of the time. But I wish all resorts had this policy. There are PLENTY beach palapas and chairs here, and plenty loungers at the pools as well. The pool water was refreshing in the middle of a hot day but in the evening it was on the cool side. The ocean was rough at this resort and we had red flags every day (meaning no swimming!), because of rip currents, so that was a let down. I think perhaps other months the surf is calmer, or it could have just been an unusually rough week surf-wise while we were there. If you go up around the point, by the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, the sea is calm like a lake! Beautiful for swimming there.

We took the boat over to Isla Mujeres and rented a golf cart and drove around the island and swam at the public beach. Very worth doing. Be sure to stop at Iguana point where all the iguanas are!

Also enjoyed the Cozumel snorkel tour. But bring your own towels if you do this! We asked the hotel desk if they provide towels and were told yes, but they don't.

And finally, if you like an ice cold beer and a beautiful ocean view, eat lunch at Mocambo's!! We had excellent fish tacos and frosty cold beers here with a sweeping aqua blue sea water view, it's right on the edge of the water.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any rooms that don't have a nice view, unless you are on the lower f...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family