A few friends and I stayed at GP at the end of March 2012. We researched places we could stay at the sub-$250 level, and Golden come up often.
First of all, the service from top to bottom is excellent. Everyone, from the reservation, the concierge, the waitstaff, and housekeeping were exceptionally helpful and polite. Very welcoming from the get go.
The property is smack in the middle of the Hotel Zone, so the beach and water are of similar quality to other nearby resorts. The sand is kept clean and the water is swimmable, though red flags were out each of the days we were there.
The pool and beach bars aren't as extensive as you might expect from an AI, but it's small by Cancun standards (only a hundred or so rooms). The bartenders are very responsive, but you will have to wait during certain parts of the afternoon and late night when they get busy.
We did eat at all four of the restaurants, and the all-day buffet. Everything I tried was very good, but nothing was absolutely spectacular. I can recommend the coconut shrimp at Pier 12, and the cheese and herb crusted chicken at Shangri-La (their one dress code restaurant; everything else is come as you are).
The room was reasonable, though there were a few minor quibbles. I had a lagoon side junior suite, and found everything satisfactory. The A/C does cool things down, but it doesn't really get that ice-cold dry air, which would've been welcome after a warm humid day. I did ask maintenance to address it, but I'm not sure anything was ever done. And the shower door seems to let a lot of water into the bathroom floor. Lighting could be improved, but frankly this doesn't come up much on a tropical vacation, right?
Can't comment on the spa, as none of our party used it. I should mention that most wines in the restaurants are not included in the AI package, and will be billed to your room. It wasn't a problem for us, and there are some house wines that are included that I found completely palatable.
All in all, a very likeable small AI that will not wow you in many respects but does serve value-minded travelers well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun