I like to rate my vacations in three categories, “good”, “better”, and “best”. My week at The Golden Parnassus is classified as somewhere between good and better.
The hotel is small and a bit older than most on the strip, so therefore it lacks some of the ambiance and bells and whistles of its neighbors. However, there are many good things to report. First and foremost, the beach was both gorgeous and spacious...never a problem finding a beach chair. The specialty breakfast and lunch stations were quite enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit drinks, French toast, and oriental stations. Dinners were much more of a crapshoot. The best restaurant was Shangri-La, but there were days when wearing long pants were just not an option. The hotel’s location was very convenient to shopping malls, restaurants, and shops.
The accommodations were nothing to write home about, the hotel has that Jersey shore feel about it, but I didn’t go to Cancun to sit in my room. I was looking for a beach respite on the cheap, and found exactly what the doctor ordered.
Some helpful hints…
• The mini bar is not included
• Bring a reusable water bottle to refill at the many water bubblers throughout out the hotel. If not you will need to buy bottled water at the gift shop or at a nearby convenience store.
• Create a log-in at the internet table for future use
• Check out the spa facilities, nice gym, locker room, and hot tub
All and all, the Golden Parnassus is what it is…a relaxing beach hotel on the strip…clean, quaint, and inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun