“perfect”

Crown Paradise Club Cancun
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 8 June 2012

im 38 year old mother and i took my 5 year old son to cpc on our own for a 7 day holiday we flew from dublin ireland - england- cancun flight was very good and it didnt feel like 11 hours from england at all, when arrived in cpc we were greeted by the lovely staff and they seen i was on my own witwe h my son they immediately took my heavy cases of me and attended to me with lovely manners, , the hotel is really lovely and all on the ground floor is extremely modern, now at night time there really is only one bar to drink in as all the rest of the bars are in the resturants and you dont really be in them unless ur eating in that resturant as no one really goes in as a casual drink to them,
there's not much entetainment for the adults at all but th e kids will love it so much and the staff is excellent, the bedroom would do with a revamp but totally clean at al times, the pool are amazing and u dont have to get up at 6am to put ur towel out at all there's always loads of loungers, we were there the last week in may, the alcohol is the same as home and the measures are fantastic, u really couldnt spend money in the hotel unless u want to go out on excursions, they do shows for the kids every night from 8-10pm . the wifi is really expensive and phoning home from the call box is expensive - i got the call cards from the shop in the hotel, they dont like usa dollar at all in the hotel they prefere english sterling or peso's, the food is catered for everyone and as for the main buffet it's fabulous for a buffet cause usually there the worst in most all inclusives, i did go to check out the rui cancun when i was there as my sister stayed there 2 years ago and she loved it , i priced it for me and son but it was like 600 dollars /400pounds more - so i went into that hotel one of the days to check it out, IMPORTANT- there is absolutely nothing catered for kids at all, it's really just for adults and the hotel is a lot more dated than the cpc so when i saw it i was delighed i booked the cpc for us, it was perfect, because i was there on my own without a partner i mixed in with loads of people and didnt feel lonely at all plus we met so many mums and dads and kids at the pool - when we came down for dinner we run into some of them we had met earlier that day and joined them for drinks after our meal. i was reluckant going to cpc when i saw all the bad reviews but if youve book cpc you'l have a wonderful vacation that you'l never forget, yes the bedrooms are a bit dated but every where else in the hotel is like new, one of the first nights i was there our neighbours were a bit roudy so the next day i complained and myself and son got into another room that was a upgrade with a fridge so we were delighted. im looking already for next year as i always go somewhere different and i would love to find somewhere as good as cpc so fingers crossed i will.

Room Tip: if you have kids email them or make ur travel agent put a note in that u want to overwiew the kids m...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank maryelenor
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My wife and my two daughters spent nine days at Crown Paradise from May 27 to June 6. It was a very nice and pleasant experience. We stayed at a standard room that have comfortable beds and good ocean views. The room was clean and well maintained as the cleaning lady was very attentive and nice. We did not experienced any delays at the check in as it was very quick. The pools were nice with a great view and chairs were easy to get as there many available in the pool and in the beach. The staff at the several bars were very nice, always happy with a smile in their faces. They treated me well and always seemed glad to see me and attend all my family and my requests. I only tipped them on the last day. so I can say they treated me well because they wanted to do it, not for the tips. Every single employee, even the maintenance people were very nice and pleasant. I just took the time to say hello and good morning in Spanish, which really pleased them. The buffet had a very good variety of food even some that were adventurous for American taste. Keep in mind that it is a different country with different cuisine. My family and I recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in Cancun, and will definitely return.

Room Tip: The room near the lobby maybe quiet loud in the night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank cassia a
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here in a deluxe room, The room was very clean and comfortable with a jacuzzi! Also if you stay in the deluxe you get to go to the private breakfast area in the morning at the top of the hotel, This is good because there are no kids screaming when your having breakfast. The hotel had lots of things to do during the day around the pool and kids club inside etc but we didnt stick around the hotel much at night because we are a young couple who went out to clubs. Food in the hotel was standard, nothing really special to be honest but was good. Restaraunts where good but make sure you book on the telephone in the morning because they are all gone by dinner as we found out the first day we got there! All in all it was a really good first time in Cancun. Brilliant holiday!!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirkhamwarrior
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Hotel staff very unpleasant..never had good service for buffet which is what we had to eat EVERYDAY because restaurants were always full even when I called 3 mornings in a row at 8 am. But if you upgraded to a extra $70 a night you could get into any restaurant with no problems and had a few other dining priviliges that noone else was offered. Saw ants and cochroaches on a DAILY basis. Staff did not even bother to help with luggage when leaving hotel..thank god for the shuttle bus guy. One good thing was the bartenders were always there for my husband and I because they knew we tipped them GOOD every drink. Unlike 95% of the other hotel guests. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!! My third year in a row in Cancun and worst experience ever.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank amy w
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Ok so the hotel is clean, the grounds are beautiful and the pools are very nice. the room was ok, but the ac never really cooled it off, it ran the entire time, the room stayed damp and musty smelling. it is clean and the bed was fine, I asked for extra pillows and that was no probllem. The bigest dissapoinment was the buffet. It is just not very good. it is VERY loud, its hard to find everything and it is all just very bland. The onlly thing I really enjoyed was the fresh fruit. The area to sit was so loud and hot it was just not a good experiance. we tried 2 restaraunts: Fishermans and Waynes boots. the rest of the time we were told the other restraunts were full. Fishermans was ok but not great, Waynes Boots was not air conditioned so it was so hot it was hard to enjoy. the salad was good, the burger ok, the desert just an
another out of the box brownie with ice cream. not bad but nothing special. We had lots of strawberry daquris and pina colodas both of which were made with a bar mix; fair but nothing special. the lobby is not air conditioned, hot and very loud. All in all ok but will not be returning.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends