“PARADISE!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“PARADISE!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My girlfriends and I had the best stay at the OMNI cancun. Everything about this hotel was 5 star. The only compliant we have is the all inclusive resturants need work. We went to twp of the resturant and the food was just OK nothing special about it. However the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as the poolside and on beach food was great. Staff was so warm and wonderful during our entire stay. The Hot stone massage my friend and I had at the beautiful spa was amazing in every way. This entire hotel is well kept and clean at all times. It is only a short bus ride from the shopping areas in town. We had a 3 bedroom villa and loved it! Only issue we had ants on the top floor of the villa but as as soon as we complained about this maintance was sent out to spray when that did not solve the issue we were given another villa for the night. The manager even compensated by taking care of the cost of my hot stone massage due to us having to sleep in a different location than our friends in the villa due to the ants on the top floor. Any issues or requests were immediatly taken care of with a smile. The manager was so nice when we talked about compensation for the ant issue before check out. I can appreicate wonderful customer service. The Omni is right on the beach with amazing pools and easy access to the beach with food and drink services. We never had to leave the beach! We also did morning yoga outside and zumba and both classes were amazing!! I would stay at this hotel 5 times over!!

Room Tip: Get a villa with a ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sakeena m
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was my first time in Cancun for both me and my girlfriend, so we were new to the whole experience, but WOW. Everything about Omni either met my expectations or exceeded them. The resort is small, but I imagine this is an advantage because we were recognized and greeted warmly everywhere we went! The sushi bar by the pool was an AMAZING extra I did not expect (we're obsessed with 'da soosh'). Our room was extremely clean, food was plentiful and tasty, and we were allowed to book one "fancy" dinner for our stay, which was incredible.

One bit of advice I can offer is to go on their site and sign up for their FREE rewards program! With it, you can get free beverage delivery in the morning, request different types of pillows, and most importantly get complimentary WIFI!!! If you own a smartphone this is huge because it allowed me to speak to my friends and family at home (the ones with smartphones anyway) via internet texts/calls, and it's totally free! The app I used was called Viber, if anyone's interested.

This place was incredible, DEFINITELY worth checking out! But keep in mind it's very family-oriented, so you'll have to head into town to experience the crazy nightlife side to Cancun.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tesseract14
Philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Hotel claims to be a 5 start and is nowhere close to that! We went on a timeshare promotion for a very reasonable price. So I guess you get what you pay for. We stayed in the hotel part and it was very old. Not the villa’s that are the timeshares! They were not up to date. Internet would not work for 2 days! And you have to go down and ask to be reimbursed a few times in order to get your money back! At check in they tie you up for about an hour just checking in and getting ready to give you the sale pitch. Then they tell you when you when you will go to the meeting. You have to agree to give 1.5 hours for the tour. Well it starts nice. The sale person walks you a round showing you the grounds and the rooms. The villas are a lot nicer then the hotel after that they take you in to a conference room with about 20 tables. They are full of people try to sell timeshares to other guest. I was sitting next to the sales man and could hardly hear what he was saying. I asked if we could go outside to talk because I was interested and he said no. he just wants you to spend $18,500 on a timeshare. Who can make a $18,500 decision on a time share with all that noise going on? I can’t. I would not be able to order a hamburger with all the noise going on. When we said that we were not interested they send over another sales guy (the manager) who will lower the price so you will buy right then. We said no again. It is too loud for me to think in hear and would like to talk outside and he said no also. So we said we are done and are going to leave and he said that we have to give him 1.5 hours. I said we stared at 9am it is now 11:45 we gave you more than 2 hours. He said no you have to give me 1.5 hours. No way we just got up and started to leave. Then another guys comes over and talk and try’s to sell you for another 10 minutes. Finally we said no thanks and he let us go. Over 3 hours later.

Back to the hotel.
Rooms are out dated bad TVs with no reception. Bathroom was not the cleanest but the maid did try very hard to make things right. Hats off to her. We could not use the toilet for 1 day and the next day we had no water for the whole afternoon.
Gym and spa were nice. Food was not 5 star.
To the point it is not a great hotel. 3star at best!

I will not return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Brian D
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed in a lagoon room ..very nice wish we would have stayed on the beach side ..but we saved money for snorkeling trips. Food is good ..tons of options ..didn't get a chance to go to the davinci ..there is a dress code. Beach is nice ..volleyball and adult bar on the beach ..it was a great trip ..met lots of fun people ..would stay again

Room Tip: I say go for a beach side room ..the lagoon is nice but not the same
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Harleykitty
Manteca, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

the beach is perfect super clean they have many lounge chairs on the beach and a few bed cabanas you can get a massage on the beach couples massage was 175.00 not bad at all they have a bar on the beach that has hot tubs connected so you can swim up to the bar The place is sparkling clean great rooms great rooms service the staff is great parasailing is a short walk on the beach you can also rent jet ski's I cant say enough great things about this place Oh and food was terrific loved it and I am a picky person I cook quality food for my family and I really enjoyed the food here Loved the swim up bar at the main pool that was great they have many different games there like bingo water arobics you dont have to join them you can just swim around and drink Loved it I have lots of pictures it was a great time July 16-22 2012

Room Tip: I had a lagoon view and it was still a beautiful view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple