“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Paso Robles, CA, USA
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

We were guests at LeBlanc a year ago and will be returning at the end of May, 2010. We had a wonderful time! The hotel is amazing, the service is exceptional as we have experienced with all of the Palace properties. We have either stayed or visited them all, with the exception of the DR and have had wonderful service everytime!

Our visit was at the height of the swine flu epidemic and when we got there the hotel was at, I think, 15% capacity, so we felt like we had the hotel to ourselves. It was great!! By the time we left at believe it was up to 40%. I am sure it will be different this time, however we were pleased with everything. We do not usually leave the hotel much, except to dive, and the nightlife was not much, but I believe that was due to the low occupancy at the time. The nighttime entertainment was excellent! And the entertainment staff was great although we did not participate in any daytime activities! Fun karaoke! Good jazz band, from Brazil I believe and the fire show was better than we had experienced int he past. I would say that the entertainment was better than at the other palaces.

The spa was wonderful!!! Actually the feeling of the hotel on inside is very "spa" like. Nice music and tranquil. I had an oxygen facial and it was amazing! I would recommend getting a message your first day to get into the relaxing mode and then think about the other services the spa has to offer for the remainder of the week.

For those of you who insist on using the gym while vacationing, like my husband, it is a very nice gym with really good equipment.

I am not sure why a previous poster thought it was stuffy. I didn't find that at all and coming from California we are pretty casual people. They do require you "dress" for dinner, but it was not coat and tie unless you so choose. Pants and a collared shirt for the guys. Dressy casual. They were pretty loose when we were there, but that could have been because of the occupancy.

The food was great!!! All of the restaurants were very good. We went out one night and I wish we hadn't. Although we had fun with the friends we met, I felt like we wasted one of our meals at LeBlanc. I cannot recommend one over the other because we liked them equally.

As we seem to on all of our trips to Cancun, we met some really nice people who we still keep in contact with and hope to again this time.

If you are diving, Dive Cancun was ok. I took two trips, one between Cancun and Isla Mujeras and it was good and one to Cozumel that I would choose to go with another company. When we stayed in Cozumel I used Aqua Safari and would book with them again. I also used Dive Adventuras and it was really good. That dive was near Puerto Adventuras and Spa Palace. Different than Cozumel, but very good! We loved Cozumel Palace, but my husband does not dive and I tend to get a little obsessed if I'm too close!

I hope this review helps.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChristyChap
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,604)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york, new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

My wife spent the week of April 12-16 at Le Blanc Spa Resort at the recommendation of friends and this sites reviews. Unfortunately, Cancun experienced three days of torrential rains which eliminated most outdoor activities. For an advertised luxury hotel,all the pools at the resort are old and need updating; the food at the gourmet restaurants was average and at the ala carte/bufflet restaurant, the same every day . The drinks were just ok and the nightly entertainment in the blancstage was fine.The staff was clueless about entertaining guests during the storms, with no organized activities, one blackjack table and various board games to use. Guests drank, played chess or Uno and waited for the rain to stop,which it never did. There were buckets everywhere due to ceiling leaks and oceanview rooms were flooded. The gym and spa did do nice business.
This was our third trip to Cancun and love the all inclusive, adult only aspects, but, despite the rain, in our opinion, if your looking for place just relax, Le Blanc may be it: if you looking to be active and have fun, look elsewhere, as we will in the future.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vincec10
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

Overall I would say that our week at Le Blanc was excellent. It is well located and only 20 minutes from Cancun Airport. There are several transportation options but we found FAMAR Transfers, by far the best option, the service, the vehicle, the price and the driver Jose were excellent. It cost about $60-70 with tip which is not that much more than many of the shuttles (in some cases a better deal than some shuttles) and the shuttles may make numerous stops on the way and with FAMAR Transfers was a private transfer. The service and attitude of all employees was excellent. This includes front desk, bell boys, maids, servers, and activity staff. The room was very comfortable with a nice bed, shower, and hot tub. Room service was always prompt at all hours of the day. We had a nice poolside view from our balcony with a partial view of the ocean.

The main pool is beautiful, comfortable lounge chairs and wide variety of cocktails. The pool staff was friendly. The food was really good. Breakfast buffets were excellent! Made to order omelets, waffles, french toast, and pancakes. Our favorites restaurants were the oriental and the French cuisine. We went to Cancun downtown at a place called La Parilla. Truly fantastic food!

The only times we left the resort were an afternoon trip to Cancun downtown and a day trip to the ruins at Tulum, we booked this tour with FAMAR as well, an all inclusive tour, our guide Vicente was very informative. This resort is a good place to relax. If you are looking for a wild spring break style party, this is not for you. If you just want to kick back and get waited on hand and foot as you forget about the real world, then a week here may be just what you need.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TTSTONE
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

My husband and I have visited Le Blanc two times now. The first time (after much research), he booked it for our honeymoon over Thanksgiving in November of 2008. We had never been to Cancun, and we were not sure what to expect. At the airport, they provide a private shuttle to their hotel, which is soo nice, especially on a hot day with all the people standing around waiting for taxis and buses. I was speechless from the moment we arrived in the lobby. They greet you with coconut milk and a cold aromatherapy washcloth for your neck as well as a flower for the ladies. A butler takes your luggage straight to your room, and it is waiting when you arrive to your room. We were pampered the entire week....from gourmet food choices to a personal butler to a hot tub in your room to beautiful beachfront views to pristine pools and a crystal clear beach. You can even choose different aromatherapy scents for your room as well as a FULLY stocked mini-bar everyday and FREE long distance calls to the states as well as internet service in your room if you bring a laptop. It was all breathtaking, and I felt like I was in a dream. I have never experienced service of this caliber before. The temperature was in the high 70s and low 80s that time of year in November. We were still able to swim, but it was a little chilly once you were out of the water. Just sitting in the sun with a book and drink was PERFECT though. Also, since it was our honeymoon, they provided us with a special dinner one night that was SUPERB along with champagne waiting in our room when we returned and the hot tub filled with bubbles and rose petals....AMAZING!

We were so spoiled on that trip that we wanted to go back within a year. We went again in September of 2009, less than a year later. The temperatures were in the upper 80s at this time, and it couldn't have been more perfect weather (however, it was also hurricane season, so we took our chances). Also, this time I went to the spa for a massage, which was absolutely heavenly. Their spa is state of the art with all the newest technologies. They had also added a new restaurant, the French cuisine since the last time we were there. It was very fancy and elegant and the food was amazing. Our favorite restaurant was the oriental because my husband and I love sushi, and it also had some of the best tempura calamari.

And, as an added bonus, there're no kids!

The ONLY drawback: If you are looking for a place with lots of activities, then Le Blanc probably isn't the best option. They have activities listed each day, but few, if any people get involved because the crowd is so small (and is an older generation...probably due to the cost). It does; however, have a state of the art gym for working out. If you want a peaceful, relaxing experience, with service like none other, and amazing food, this is the perfect romantic spot!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mizliz83
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

Le Blanc is absolutely beautiful. From the moment you arrive, you are pampered beyond belief. The food is wonderful, the entire staff is unbelievable and it is worth every penny. Don't hesitate, just stay here and you will never regret it. We tend to avoid staying in the same place when we travel because we want to see it all, but we can't stay anywhere else in Mexico now. If you need to relax because you, like us, work really hard all year, then go to Le Blanc!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple