“Treated as ROYALTY”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have travelled all over the world and are happy to say that we are Palace members. We have to say that at Le Blanc we saw it all...EXCELLENT food EXCELLENT service, EXCELLENT everything...From the time we landed and were picked up with the Navigator..we were amazed. Check in was very smooth,,,Rooms are amazing..the only thing I have negative to say for Le Blanc is that the Shower and washroom compared to other resorts were TINY...BUT if that is the only issue it is not even an issue BUT I thought I would mention it. The restaurant menu's are unbelievable the FOOD WOW>>>> I can go on and on But no words to describe. Keep up the GREAT work and FOR SURE we will see you soon.....

Room Tip: The are ALL great room locations...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jacko195770
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Le Blanc Spa Resort

Reviewed 30 April 2012

If you would have asked me the first day what my opinion of this hotel was, it would not have been pretty. Not just from me, but from many, many couples who waited countless hours for a room. There was no greeting we read about over and over... no coconut milk... only chaos.

We booked 4 months earlier for April 15th thru the 20th via Costco Travel. I highly recommend them. We had no problem with their end. Best Day travel was our transfers thru Costco and they were great. We choose an early 6 a.m. flight from St L so that we could arrive at 12:25 p.m. in Cancun and hopefully pass thru customs/immigraton and be on our way to spending most of the day poolside... in bliss we read about over and over.

We arrived as scheduled in Cancun at 12:25; getting thru the airport in about an hour. We left for Le Blanc at 1:30ish.... arriving around 2 p.m.

The first thing I see? A child running in the lobby! Now I love kids, but we have 5 girls at home we purposely left behind to enjoy an adults only hotel. Not a great first sighting. I looked to my left and there were countless, countless bags that I was praying was checking out, not checking in. We did not receive our greeting we were hoping for, instead we were rushed into the building, our bags taken away (including our one we wanted to change in incase we had to wait for our room), had people everywhere in the lobby, just chaos. We heard someone tell someone else to take us downstairs. We were like, oh ok, that must be where the quiet, calm ambiance, special check in is. Nope. Instead, it was because apparently this Kosher group, whom I had read about before, again rented out the entire hotel, equipped with kids, and were checking out as we were checking in. So, since the staff was all taken up, we were taken downstairs to wait. Jessica, the hotel snob, (the ONLY snob, btw, we encountered) tried to explain everything about the credits and all, but pushing us mainly to do the breakfast timeshare. We already knew we didnt want too, but she kept asking why not. I was like, um ok, first off, we only have 5 days, and they are packed with things to do. Second, we arent interested in a timeshare. She insisted it wasnt to sell us anything, only to inform us of their property. I'm like? really... do I have stupid written on my face? UGH. She then kept telling us our different excursions were not smoething she'd do. Like Tulum. I'm like, well, it's our choice, so what is it to you? Just get us our room!

At that point, we had to again stand in line to get a bracelet. Ahhh, finally, we thought... finally we would get a room. Nope. We were given a bracelet and then told to wait at the tables by the lagoon pool. We asked if we could possible wait somewhere else or walk around, and they said bluntly, if you want you can, but if you want us to find you, I'd wait at the lagoon pool. Well, of course we want to have our room, so we waited. We waited. And we waited. During our wait in the sun and heat, with St L clothes on, we found other couples doing the same. One couple had been there since 11 a.m. No one came to check on any of us. Only when a room was ready, did someone come out. That is so unnacceptable in my opinion. My husband and I had not had breakfast, lunch and it was 6 pm. before we were finally given a room. And I believe only given one because at one point I went to find someone to see what was going on, and I started to cry.

They must have felt bad I guess. I just was so disappointed that our day was ruined. We had planned to have dinner at the French restaurant, and Coco Bongo later that night. Instead, we were so exhausted we did none of that. Only buffet and bed. Four hour wait for a room just isnt acceptable. It isn't our fault this group was checking out, maybe next time consider not having any check in's the days these people check out. It took one day from our trip. We aren't rich. $4000 is alot for us to spend. I couldn't wait to experience that first moment of walking into Le Blanc. You can't get that moment back. Later thru the week, I seen the greeting that we should have got, girls had a rose, moist towels, coconut milk. I was jealous.

We were on the 3rd floor honeymoon suite. Not too bad. Butlers were nice. We had them unpack for us. We were too tired, hot and sweaty from the wait! I agree that a double sink would be nice. But not a big deal. one thing I would recommend? A noise maker. You do hear alot of furniture, shoes above you. It would be nice to have one of those machines that play different nature sounds. WE have one at home for our toddler, it was like $10 at Walmart. Something maybe for the management to consider. I bet alot of people would love that! Even if you dont have in every room, to have an option to have one, would be awesome. :)

Ok, so the reason I give this place a five star? Because after the first day, they really did try to make us feel special. Leslie deserves the five star. She cared about us, gave me a free facial and it was wonderful. The spa is fabulous. It was my favorite part of of the resort. My husband received a 4 hand massage and he loved it too. I also had a hair cut, nails and pedicure at the salon. The girls were great as well.

One thing that I was disappointed with credits wise was that as of April 1st, you can not go to X-caret with your credits. I was looking forward to it. But next time, we will pay for it and go. We spent our credits as follows:
Spa - 4 hand massage
Salon - Organic resin nails (basically french tips), hair cut and pedicure
Romantic dinner (not on beach, was raining :( was inside instead)
Tequilla package (very nice)
Tulum
Isla Mujures (we rented our own golf cart, was $42 and very fun!)

I think that we had like 100 credits left. But we felt we spent them well. Lots of fun. and free!
THE only thing we paid tax was on the Tequilla package. Just fyi. (11%)

We were also disappointed that our last night wasn't spent with seeing the fireshow. But not Le Blanc's fault, it was raining.

Also, we lost power in our room for about an hour on the second to last day. But it was fixed. Not sure what happened there.

One other thing I think only fair to mention is that the pools are NOT heated. They were so cold. But in the heat of the day felt really good, but most of the time, very freezing. As the summer approaches Im sure they will warm up, but very cold in April. And I"m from the midwest used to cold. lol The huge hottub was nice, but not too warm. Almost what the regular pools should be at temp wise. CAUTION - my husband bruised his leg at the block of concrete in the middle of the hottub. Be careful.

My favorite food wise was the omelets in the morning, the filet at the romantic dinner and their french fries. lol :)

Our least favorite food was the pizza. Honestly, it was gross, And I love pizza. It was soggy and just not tasty in our opinion. Maybe because we are in the midwest with our St Louis pizza and Chicago pizza. One recommendation I would give the food staff is hot bread rolls when you bring them around to people and room temp butter, not frozen. Just a little suggestion. It would make them so much better. I just love bread, and used to hot bread and butter you can spread. :)

Room service was very quick. And literally ask for something as simple as vanilla ice cream, and you will have vanilla ice cream. Or anything else you want. Just ask.

By day five, we were very relaxed and NOT ready to travel home. We will definately be back. And anticipating a better greeting than our first.

Our final suggestions? Come see Le Blanc, avoiding Passover time, relax, have fun, let them pamper you! It goes by way too fast.

Happy travels everyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank thewollbrinks
Andreas S, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you very much for this review. Allow me to take this opportunity to extend my most sincere apologies for the disappointing and frustrating experience upon arrival, at Le Blanc it is our belief the first impression often plays a defining part for the entire vacation. Although I understand that many of your expectations of your first day with us were not met, I assure you that it is our great regret to miss this chance and give you the welcome you should have received. Thank you for allowing us to make a change and ensure that the rest of your stay was as exceptional and relaxing as you always expected it to be, I am very glad to know that you enjoyed the SPA, restaurants, tours and our teams genuine desire to make this stay remembered by as many pleasant moments as possible. I am very grateful for all the suggestions you kindly shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.
Your generous recommendations of our services make me hopeful to have an honour to welcome you back, we all at Le Blanc will be looking for this opportunity to make your future stay made of only exceptional moments and pleasant memories from the first minutes of your Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

What an amazing venue. Spacious Rooms with spectacular views, 5 restaurants with so many options, all inclusive hotel with complimentary internet access everywhere including meeting rooms, (for me that's a big deal), mini bar stocked every day and you don't have to worry about paying for those, (all included), service is just perfect, beach is clean and safe, pools are just enchanting, Spaaaaahhhh (SPA) is so relaxing with many choices of treatments or just to relax so clean, meeting rooms are spacious and convenient yet private, the butler service is so cool. I can't wait to go back. this is an adults only resort.. very convenient to town, restaurants (that is if you want to leave the hotel to have a meal), and nigh life. Lovely Lovely Lovely place...
The Staff is the best ever...

Room Tip: My tip is -- just go and have a great time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank sbk225

It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review, enriched with wonderful remarks about our facilities and service. I am very happy to know that you were enjoying the resort, it’s location, various restaurant and services we have to offer to our dear guests.
It will be a privilege to welcome you back to Le Blanc on future occasions.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have been fortunate to travel extensively at many quality hotels and resorts. This was our second trip to Le Blanc and fourth to a Palace Resort. From the moment we arrived, we were treated in special ways, and felt that the staff appreciated us choosing Le Blanc. Each morning, we were greeted with a smile by hostess Dapne or Sabrina and they would remember our names and who we liked to have serve us. Mario, Alan, Jesus, Oscar, Edgar and all made us smile and appreciate their efforts to make our breakfast or lunch perfect. The food is very good with lots of variety. The a la carte restaurants are all very good with many options. The choice of three pools is good as each has a different ambience but be ready for cool temperatures!Viry at the Moon Pool remembered our name from Day one and she too always greeted us with a smile and an inquiry as to what we would like to drink.
The SPA is lovely but it is disappointing that you can not enjoy the sauna, etc. with your spouse as the men's and ladies areas are separate.
The only other thing to make improvements on is the lack of English speaking television channels. It was frustrating to come back to the room and not be able to have much selection.
We would highly recommend the Le Blanc for anyone wanting a relaxing, romantic, quiet vacation. We will be back in the not too distant future!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Reagh E

On behalf of all Le Blanc team let me express our gratitude for such a highly motivational review, it is always a pleasure to read names of our staff members, which means that our service was personalized and attentive to your preferences. Thank you for your suggestions on how to make your future stays with us more comfortable, I would also like to mention that we offer a variety of movies, which can be chosen from the movie menu, available with the butler.
Thank you again for coming back to Le Blanc and enjoying it’s peaceful atmosphere and courteous services, we are looking forward to your future vacation with us.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I went to le blanc in cancun mexico for our honeymoon and the experience was one that we will never quit talking about. From the moment we arrived we felt very special and welcomed. The atmosphere was one of a kind. The food and drinks were great. The spa was so great. We have had alot of massages and the couples massage did not compare to others we have had in the past as well as the extras that the spa has to offer such as the hot tub, cold tub, steam room, and sauna. Throughout the day we could relax or spend time doing activities the resort had to offer. Omar really got us involoved and is spectacual at his job. He never pushed us into doing the activities but his positive energy and knowledge got us involved throughout the day. Omar was great! The rest of the staff was great as well and we never had to want for anything. The rooms were also very nice. The views are breathtaking and we look forward to going back every anniverssary and taking some friends along with us!

The Ferguson's

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice, but you can never go wrong with ocean front.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple