1,470 results
All reviews entertainment staff restaurant staff isla mujeres water volleyball swim up bar great holiday cleaning staff sushi bar spring break ocean view our waiter manuel guadalupe israel alexa resort pools
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel is not new but remodeled was done great. The food, drinks, and service was awesome. From Alexa and the entertainment staff to the dining staff Jesus, Guadalupe, and all the rest were awesome. I missed saying how great the bartenders were. The only problem I had the whole 10days was not enough hot water. Everything else was great. Thanks for making my stay so great. Doug (UT)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My family and I stayed at the Cancun Bay Resort for 5 days. We concluded that despite the fact that the hotel is small and not fully updated, the workers make all the difference. Every worker was extremely nice and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. The receptionist were always willing to help 24/7. The entertainment staff; Alexa and Angel, were very fun and always got everyone involved in activities. Our waiters, Efrain, Lupe, Cheyla, Eladio, Gilberto, and Jorge, were extremely attentive, kind and accommodating. We felt very well treated during our stay. Although, the hotel does not have many amenities that bigger hotels would, its an extremely nice place for families. We are very thankful for everyone that worked hard in order to make our vacation wonderful.

-Carlos Huggins & Family

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Took my family of 5 there for Spring Break 2017 (US) and really enjoyed the stay. The staff are EXCELLENT - entertainment, dining room, and concierge. We really enjoyed being off the main strip and having a bit of a private enclave (although a new, large resort was being built right next door - clothing optional). They treated us as family. The resort is small enough that you don't / can't get lost, they will know you personally by the end of your stay!!

There are two sections to the "compound", one seems newer, we stayed in the older side.

The older rooms are definitely in need of a remodel. Power outlets were limited. A/C was not very good (which I am sure only gets hotter in the Summer). WiFi in the rooms was nearly non-existent.

Each meal had lots of food options at the buffet. They served a variety of food each day and

Reasonably priced and lots of drink options, which made for a FUN stay.

Easy access to the bus lines for both downtown and the main strip. Transportation is easy in Cancun.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the newer section.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank whalemail
Reviewed 25 July 2017

If I were only rating the staff, I could easily give it 5 stars. The entertainment staff, housekeepers, bellmen, bartenders, and wait staff were excellent. The evening bar tender was especially accommodating. I love the open bar. It was great to sit on the beach and near the pool and sip on drinks. I was impressed with the buffet meals, the snacks provided by the pool, and the Italian meals. Everything about this place is great!..... With one big exception. The rooms need work! If I weren't busy and spending very little time in the room, I would have been really upset. The room was outdated, not very clean, and needed lots of repair. The shower never had hot water or a steady stream. The Wi-Fi only works in the lobby or pool area. It does not work in the rooms. With all this being said I very much enjoyed every other aspect of this resort. If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget and that's all inclusive, I would highly recommend Cancun Bay. It is a bit further down in the hotel zone, but catching the bus to the main part is very easy as the bus stop is located right outside. Also, upon talking to some other guests and seeing their room, it appears that some rooms have been recently updated. Therefore maybe in the future all rooms will be updated. You might request an updated room. I really did want to give this place a really good rating, but I had to be honest. Everything but the guest room was fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 21 July 2017

after a long flight the ice cold drink as soon as we arrived at reception was a lovley touch....The lobby at first look was not anything special but it was spotless ..we had requested a newly refurbished room and wasnt given one but after returning to the desk Marco moved us the very next morning ...we did not know what to expect but we could not fault it the food was absolutley fine although dont expect a full english but thats not what we went for there was toast scrambled eggs plenty of fruit some cereals and other mexican delights...your meals in the restaurant were then your usual chicken meat fish pasta etc ...great bbq on a sunday by the pool and plenty of daily pool snacks pizza chps burgers sausages salad dips etc so unless your super picky i would give this 4 stars ...Guadalupe in the restaurant got me fried eggs on toast made especially when he had time bless him ...The running of this hotel is second to none from room service to gardners to repair men pool cleaners beach cleaner they work so so hard every day ..We have to give a shout out to manuel alexa and angel the entertainment team who work tirelessley from morning to night with basketball water volleyball aerobics zumba yoga jenga bingo quiz sea volleyball and 7 nights of nightly shows they really made our time in the hotel amazing and we met lots of friendly people through the interaction of the entertainment..There are the R1 and R2 buses which run the length of the Kulcuklan Boulevard and these are very handy as the hotel is a 15 min bus ride to the posh hotels nightlife and major shopping its 12 pesos 50p and you take a left out of the hotel if you take a right this takes you to downtown cancun again well worth a trip ,,,The Isla shopping village is a must if you want shopping or money exchange or a night off hotel food...we will definetley go back to this hotel we are just a normal family who expect decent food good service and a spotless hotel and we had this in abundance here if you want to pay thousands ( which is fine too ) then stay up by the nightlife and shopping mall in the very grand 5 star hotels.... Cancun has something for everyone

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room ...if you want an ocean view its block 300 i think theres a supplement for these we stayed in 219
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family