“Not the same”

Ranked #3 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
Montreal, Canada
“Not the same”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I have been to this resort 4 times over the last two years and we have noticed some changes.

This resort has really become a two tiered resort. Members (time share owners) and non members. All products and services for non-members have been reduced and there are more and more members. If you are a member you will get priority everything and if you are a non member well, you get what's left over. Also it is perhaps a coincidence but the "Members" are quite obnoxious and quite arrogant. My wife was pushed by a member and had her toe broken.

During our stay, we changed rooms as our first room was overlooking the front door and the bellboys. From what I can tell, this is a regular procedure. They book you into an undesirable room then if you complain, they will change your room after a few days. We had a cockroach situation and it was resolved quickly however all my clothes in the closet smelled like insecticide for the rest of the vacation.
The DJ has been replaced by a guy with a laptop and a playlist.
All appetizers have been removed from the menu (save soups and salads)

All in all, we find this resort to have gone downhill in terms of quality and overall experience.

Room Tip: You don't get a choice, you get what they give you and have to change after a few days.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank william_mtl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Polish first
Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Myself and 29 other friends went to Temptation April 20-24th and we had a really good time. My only issue was the swingers! UHG! I saw way too much in public for my eyes. We met some really nice people and there was tons of entertainment during the day but the night life sucked because the DJ is garbage. Not in to the techno..Our last visit was much better. They offered Techno in the Paty'O and Nice Shoes had good dancing music. Not this time. Rooms are nice and clean. Had a lower level suite with hot tub which was awesome. Food was better in the specialty dining area but buffet wasnt that great. Alcohol is good and not watered down. Can't get a seat at the party pool because people go down early and put their towels on the chairs so we never were able to get seats there. Beach was fun and plenty of space there. Guest services and housekeeping were excellent. Oliver is the best bartender ever!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE HIM!!!!!!!! he makes the best in whatever you want. Yazmin in group sales was the biggest help in getting my group organized and getting our rooms ready because we had an 11am arrival. Rooms on the quiet side are the best if you want to try to get some sleep at any point and time. All the guest were so friendly and there for one sole purpose and that was to party, relax and have a good time. I would go back to Temptation just prefer not to be there during a swingers convention.

Room Tip: Make sure you have dinner outside of the buffet to get a good meal. Get your drinks from the party p...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mommacocoa66
Presque Isle, Maine
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just got back from a 6 night stay at this resort. I never experienced spring break during my college years, though some of what I saw go on at this place resembled what I assume that atmosphere would be like. The first night we saw a raucus atmosphere at the Paty O lounge and the fun continued at the "sexy pool" the next couple of days. Drinking games, lots of toplessness (and bottomless in one case), crazy fun stuff. As others have said, if you are uncomfortable with the topless women, this might not be the place for you. If you are looking to just get away and have a good time, this will work for you.

The amenities of the hotel rooms themselves were quite basic. There is a fridge in the room that's stocked each day with a large bottle of water, a couple of sodas (Coke, Coke Zero) and a couple of Dos Equis (the only beer at the resort, take note of that if you have an issue with Dos Equis). The bathroom is average sized to small and there isn't much living space in the room itself. Every room has a small outside deck, though, and with the weather usually being nice, that helps. Basically, given the theme of the resort, the only time you are expected to be in your room is to sleep and do whatever other activity you may have planned with your significant other.

The food at the restaurants didn't blow me away, but I'm a bit of a fussy eater, so take that with a grain of salt. Anybody should be able to find something to eat here, though. There is a buffet that runs most of the day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is another basic restaurant that serves typical lunch food during the day and steak and chicken during the evening hours. There are also three more upscale theme restaurants (Italian, Japanese and seafood) that you should make reservations at if you want to check them out. And late in the evening you can get great burgers and fries at the Paty O lounge.

The daytime activities at the "sexy pool" were quite entertaining. My wife and I didn't check out the evening activities at the dance club Nice Shoes, so I can't really comment on that. My hunch is that they were similar to the daytime activities, though. The Paty O lounge is where most of the evening activities took place, starting after 10 PM for the most part. We also hung out from time to time at what they called the "alternative bar" that had a ping pong table and pool tables. Here I will give a shout out to our favorite bartender during our trip, Gabriel. He was terrific.

Overall, we had a terrific time. My wife had gone with one of her girlfriends last year and raved about it. So when she was given choices of places to go for her 40th birthday trip, she had no problem going back. It was my first trip to Mexico and it was definitely worth my time. The all-inclusive resort is the way to go, trust me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank willisg71
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

THIS IS AN ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT / HOTEL.
IT'S LGBT FRIENDLY AND IT'S SPICY!!!.

Remember, that you must have your transportation arranged from your agency or book it onlline, once you pay there directly at the airport, it will cost you arms and legs. And do not use Hotel Beds Service for transportation since they are REALLY BAD, stay away from them.

So funny, the bell boy stop me at the door and want to check my name whether is on the guest list or not, once they found it and they let me in and keep my bag/carry on with them. And they give you a piece of paper to claim it later on which actually they will sent those to your room finally.

Ok, at reception, they are so nice, I mean, SO NICE. Smile is always work well anywhere in the world right, showing the hospitality, warm and care. This is real, you feel that you are so welcomed, they will make you special. Wifi, they will charge you $15/day (I know it's expensive and sometimes it's not working in your room too). After registration then you will be followed up with all this concierge thing or sales man or girl trying to ask you to me a member. I used to work on this kind of area so of course I have idea and knowledge and I travel alot too, so I wanna know if that would work for me, I am wasting almost 2 hours finding if gonna be a good package, and nope, it's not, too much $$$ for short period of stay they offer (like Time Share offers). I wonder if you just can declined this blah blah blah introduction and just tell them, I am not interested and just let me have fun in your hotel, even when the very first time you come.(The 2nd time you come, they don't put you on this thing no more).

Room, I love it, so Retro, and the bed is nice, room is clean. The only things that they need to work on, has minimize light around the bathroom or sink area, and no ventilation on small bathroom (only shower). There is a refrigerator with minimum beer/drinks selection for you to enjoy for free. They don't fill them up every hour ok, so you better drink in the bar to quench your thirst!.And the other things, ants... they are all over the bathroom too..., that's I am not enjoying that view. And becareful when you are in balcony, sometimes there is bug that flying around, it bite me before and wow, it hurts!.

Beach, beautiful, I love the couch or sofa, I love every single concept on the beach area, so beautiful. And there are certain non motorized activities that you can use for free of charge if I am not mistaken. The swimming pools, there is the crazy one, there is a quiet one, it's your choice.

Bars, something about this need to be upgraded, it's kind a watery drinks tho, I am drinking those liquours that glass and glasses and glassesss and wait a minute, I don't feel dizzy, or drunk ..nothing. Here where I live, 2-3glasses, that makes me glowing...hahaha. And when I see how these bartenders in the poolbars, sometimes they forget about the hygiene too, they must really wash those glasses that used for people carefully too. They need to check this out. I seen one bartender using someone else glass and take left over ice cubes and make another drink, use the same glass and offer it to someone else, I am just freak out right there. There is certain place that you can't enter because those are only for member!. When you try to tell and talk to them and they pretend they know, hear nor see nothing and a cliche word..."Sorry No English".

Food, I love this part, although the restaurants have not many choices or variety tho, but the food is excellent, this is the best part of this hotel... There are some a la carte restaurant that you can make reservations, if they are full, try go show and check, sometimes are available and I am not impressed at all with the Italian Restaurant, people that work there are non customer service oriented and they don't care. The Asian Restaurant or seafood is the best, they are so accomodating and friendly.

Entertainment, I love it, which I think is different than other premises in Cancun, but I think they need to have some variety, because in the whole week, they perform it again for another week and another week so, I come couple times and I seen the same show the same people all the time. They need to be creative on this one.
They have dance floor in the nite time, and I love this part too. Most of the times they get slammed and the service is so poor. Even you tip them as to appreciate them, these waiter or bartenders feel they are entitled to it. It's ashamed, I know but hey, you have fun and I promise you this (depends on what music plays too).

I can say this is a very good place to hang out, if you are energetic, love lots of activities and fun being, this is a good place. Hey you might find friends too here...
Not for family, couples is uhhmm..., make sure you make your own nest, BEST for solo travellers and some business swinger.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the room that near Hotel Lobby because in the night time, when they open the dance fl...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank W0rldTravelAdvis0r
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Although I use trip advisor to review every hotel before I travel, I have never written a review. Until now.
The whole experience was amazing, but obviously your hotel makes up a huge part of this and (besides one or two minor hang ups) I could not fault it.
We usually travel to Spain, Canary islands or Turkey and the service you receive in these places compared to Mexico is night and day..
We absolutely loved our time at Temptations.
It is truly all inclusive. 24/7 eating and drinking. Not like the time constraints you have to adhere to in Europe!
Having said that, we never took great advantage of it as there were some nights you just want to have an early night and relax, but that's the beauty of the place! If you want to party all day and all night you can, but if you want to spend 2 weeks just relaxing and being subjected to amazing service, amazing food and amazing weather, you have that option too.
There are 3 pools. Sexy pool, sports pool and quiet pool.
Sexy pool and sports pool are right next to each other but the quiet pool is far enough away for you to be distant enough from the madness (but the sexy pool is welcoming enough for you to join in if you wish)
We mainly stayed by the quiet pool as the previous nights drinking took its toll!
There are also 5 restaurants. A buffet, an Asian, an Itallian, a Caribbean and a tex mex. All are top class. You do have to book the Itallian and Asian but it's worth it. It's probably worth noting at this point that there can be strict about the dress code (not beach wear) when visiting the bookable restaurants. I say "can be" as the message seems to be inconsistent! I wore the same clothes both times to the itallian but on my second visit I was refused entry due to my flip flops. Acceptable the first time but not the second (first hang up) The food was still good but did get bitten by Mosquitos a lot as we opted for eating outside as I couldn't be bothered going back to the room to change my shoes!
Jeans or other trousers are suitable (we had read they were not but again too hot even at night)
You also have to pay for wi-fi which I found quite surprising considering the quality of the hotel (second hang up) but saying that, it was good to be completely free from the urge to check your work email!
Some tips I would give if you plan on going or if you've booked and are going!
As always, don't buy your excursions from the hotel. You will find them cheaper elsewhere. We booked Chichen Itza from a place across the road for half the price!
Save on your packing! You don't need socks! It's far too hot. Even at night!
There is also a laundry service available from your room. We had a lot of our clothes we wore, washed, dried and ironed, and delivered back to our room for about 200 pesos! (£10)
Although everything is priced in American dollars, don't be lazy! You will get a better rate if you shop online and take Mexican pesos with you.
If you plan on bringing your laptop/iPad, take an HDMI cable with you as the tv in your room will accommodate this.
Tip the guys there! But don't over tip! They work extremely hard and get paid very little. Probably 70 pesos a day (which amounts to £3.50!) we normally tipped 20 pesos (about £1) every time we went to a bar/ restaurant, so keep aside £5 a day for tipping but for 2 weeks only amounts to £70! But you can decide depending on the service you get! (we did tip a lot more on occasion!)
We will definitely be returning next year as it simply does not compare to any holiday I have ever experienced before!
Hope this helps!

• Stayed April 2012
8 Thank Jannettaphil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
6.8 km away
10.6 km away
Grand Oasis Sens
Grand Oasis Sens
#82 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Temptation Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK