This is an older hotel that has been updated. There are also newer buildings that have been more recently added. I have heard the newer buildings are very nice but I stayed in the older main building so I can't comment on the new towers.
The older main tower is nice and extremely clean much like the rest of the resort. We had no issues with our room or with noise. We were on the bottom floor (garden view) so we had a limited view of the ocean. But we could still see it. All rooms face the ocean, we just had to look through some palm trees. But the ocean was still in sight. Being on the first floor was nice since we were close to both pools, main desk, and the restaurants.
The beach is huge and well kept. We walked pretty far down the beach in both directions anf found our beach as nice or nicer than any other place. Wasn't crowded at all.
There are two pools. One is a quieter pool with a swim up bar. We found that the swim up bar usually was taken over by obnoxious drunks in the evenings. Wasn't the end of the world though. They didn't bother us. They were all friendly. Just extremely loud and it was only for a short time in the evening after the entertainment staff finished up at the main pool around 5 pm.
The entertainment staff at the main pool worked hard and did a good job of getting people involved. The playd beach volleyball, soccer, beach olympics, bingo, trivia. They also played new music and would have music request hours. If you want to relax at the main pool, plan on being pestered byt he entertainment staff to participate. Kind of annowing. Gustavo was good about it. He would ask if you wanted to participate and if you said no he moved on. The other tried to pressure you to participate, especially if you are younger (20-30's). We sometimes paerticipated and it was fun but we also wanted to just relax and listen to the music.
Both the Oriental and Italian restaurant were very good. You have to wear long pant and closed toe shoes. Kind of silly since your on vacation. I can understand not letting men wear tank tops. But most men can wear a nice pair of shorts and nice button up short sleeve shirt that looks better than the jeans and tennis shoes we saw guys wearing. There was no dress code for the other restaurants. Just make sure you are dry. If you have a wet bathing suite on, you will need to sit outside at the buffet. Buffet was good. Plenty of options.
Again, this place is clean. If you have read other reviews, I'm sure you have seen other talk about it. They constantly clean at this place. They location is also very good. Close to other restaurants, shopping, and clubs. Bus stop is conveniently located in fron of hotel. Use it! It is cheap and so easy to use.
Fitness center is $8 a day if you choose to use it. It is a nice facility with good equipment.
This was our second trip to Cancun. First time at this hotel. We would stay here again. And we usually never stay at the same place twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you'll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun