“Nice hotel, very good service”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #41 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were there in late November, so a little off-season. The service was great and the food really good specially at the El Mirador, their Italian restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2012

You never know what your getting into when you book online...you just pay your money and take your chances. Well this one worked out great. The food was great, the wife even dragged my reluctant butt into the a'la'cartes ( not sure how to spell it) and they were outstanding. By the end of our stay even I was suggesting we go to one of the restaurants instead of the buffet (oh ya, you guys out there, bring some sort of shoes as they won't let you into the a la carte without them. No big deal, they just don't want to see our toes I guess.) After you have "toweled" your chair for the day, I suggest going to the a la carte for breakfast. Isreal will brighten your morning...every morning, and the food there is good to. In general the staff were great, always had a hello or Hola as you walk by, most speak pretty good English and others speak really good English so that language barrier isn't really a factor. We spent the first couple of days by the quite pool laying in the bally beds but when we didn't wake up early enough to grab a bally bed we ended up by the other pool...and never left. "Sexy Carlos" is a quality guy and he has a way of getting you up and participating in what is going on, and he makes it a lot of fun. Thanks Carlos.The only negative I can say is that you (or the wife if you work it right) has to get up pretty early and claim you chair, cabana or bally bed for the day. They were building more cabanas on the beach when we were leaving so it should only be getting better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RedEarthBuckshot
Reviewed 25 April 2012

So this was my second trip to Cancun and my girlfriends 12th. This resort is all inclusive and is by far the finest place I've ever stayed in. The restaurants, yes plural, on site were fabulous. The level of service from the staff puts everyone else to shame! I can't say enough positive things about my stay. I need to recognize two individuals here. Carlos the outside activities person could not do enough to make our stay pleasurable. He sincerely went above and beyond our expectations; His level of personal service was impressive. I also would like to Gustavo. He provided outside activities that made our stay truly memorable.
The room we stayed in was spotless and extremely clean. The room attendant did a terrific job every day and the personal touch given to our room was greatly appreciated. I don't know who serviced us, but we were in room 1204 during the week April 4 through the 14th.
The food in all the spots here is fantastic. We were out late one night at Senor Frogs and ate when we got back to the room. It was midnight and we were told that a sandwich and fries was going to be 1 1/2 hours. We were hungry, so we waited patiently. When it arrived it was quite a disappointment. The sandwich was very skimpy and the fries were so cold that they tasted like grease. Other than the one "off" experience with room service, EVERYTHING else relative to food service was grand!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Caribbean if available! All rooms were exceptional.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nirmc
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Grand Park Royal Cancun. This hotel is AMAZING! When my mom and I arrived at 1pm on Monday 4/21 our room was not ready yet. They put our luggage with the bellhop and gave us our all-inclusive wristbands so that we could get something to eat and or drink while we waited for our room. We decided to head to one of two pools to get a cocktail and soak up some sun while we waitied.
There are two pool areas at this resort. The one pool area is where they have the daily entertainment. The entertainment staff of Monique, Diego, Gustavo, and Carlos were SUPER!! They played games in and outside of the pool on a daily basis with the guests. The pool was large and had plenty of lounge chairs and palapas (for shade). I never had a problem getting a spot at this pool area. They also had an area off to the side with hammocks and a netted trampoline (for kids). If you got hungry by the pool, no problem! There was a small pizza kitchen which served 4 different types of pizza on a daily basis. They also had a snack bar area which served hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, and wings. And of course the pool bar!
The second pool at this resort was FABULOUS! It was a gorgeous infinity pool with a swim up bar and Bali beds. There were also plenty of lounge chairs to go around at this pool as well. The view of the ocean from both of these pools was incredible!
One of the reasons I picked this hotel was because I had read that it had the BEST beach area in the hotel zone of Cancun. I agree 100%! The white sand and turquoise water was incredibly serene. The beach was very wide and even had palapas for shade.
Our room was very nice. It had the best shower EVER, perfect water pressure! It had a balcony with an ocean view, which is where I sat and had my coffee every morning.
One thing I have to say is that this hotel and the grounds were immaculate! You would never even find a gum wrapper laying on the ground. They had the grounds staff constantly working to ensure the cleanliness. The grounds were BEAUTIFUL as was the lobby and the inside of the resort.
As far as food goes, there was La Concha, which was the buffet open for breakfast. lunch, and dinner. The pickiest eater would feast in this place! The breakfast was very good, lunch was good as well. For dinner they do a different theme each night. We ate on Caribbean night and WOW was that delicious. They had fresh grouper they were grilling with several different sauces/salsas you could choose from. I honestly do not think I have ever had grouper as good as this before. They also had live authentic music which was really neat.
We also ate on Italian night. The food was OK this night.
They have an ala carte restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch ONLY that is out by the pool but we did not get the chance to try it out.
They have two ala carte dinner ONLY restaurants on the property. You MUST be at the restaurant by noon on the day you wish to dine. The first one we dined at , El Oriental, had a really cool ambience and excellent service. I had the Teppanyaki which was actually pretty good. We ate at El Mirador the following night. This Italian restaurant was superb! Again excellent service and atmosphere.
They had several activities that you could participate in daily. Everything from salsa dancing lessons to bracelet making. They also had yoga on the beach in the mornings. I did not use the fitness center while I was there OR the spa so I cannot opine on either of these facilities.
We did leave the resort to go shopping and utilized the bus which was fairly easy. The bus fare is 8.5 pesos which is less than 1 US dollar. I also went snorkeling one morning at Sunrise Marina. It was a great little tour and Victor the tour guide was very knowledgeable and fun! I believe it was called Jungle Tour out of Sunrise Marina. It was my first time snorkeling and I could not have asked for a better experience.
This really was an amazing resort and I would reccommend it to couples, and friends traveling together. Although it was a family-friendly resort ,my opinion is that there are probably other resorts that have more activities geared toward smaller children.
One last thing.......I recommend bringing smaller bills if you want to tip because it was difficult to break American money unless you wanted change back in pesos.

PHOTOS COMING SOON!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Tifftravels75
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Truly a wonderful place to stay. Extremely clean, comfortable environment for a family vacation. Everyone on the staff was exceptional. Diana and Leticia in guest services stand out. this was our first trip to an all-inclusive type of resort, and now we might make that type our standard. The restaurants were great, wonderful food and almost instant service. We liked the Oriental restaurant the best - Veronica and Guadalupe were exceptional.

Room Tip: The ambassador or Magna suites are an excellent choice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple